Author Topic: Some Good News for Gamers  (Read 1470 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Some Good News for Gamers
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:08:46 AM »
ESRB Study which IGN has an article on talking about stating that more parents are paying attention and know of the ESRB ratings.  This is good news for as adult gamers.  It means that the industry might get the acceptance of Movies with their/there/they're ratings.  Allowing for more overall variety.  (Though I am dismayed by how all but "Meet the Robinson" at my local movie theater hold a PG-13 rating or higher, 9 movies)
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Some Good News for Gamers
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 01:48:16 PM »
I think the VideoGameVoters group (i forget the name) sent me in email to inform me to send an email to my state government so they would realize parents actually like the ESRB ratings system and find it useful.  I guess some ppl have been attacking the ESRB, prolly because of the GTA hot coffee issue.

Good news anyways.  

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »
I still think Hot Coffee was far over-exaggerated. The game was rated M, the equivalent of a rated R movie, and I believe the scene, which was very difficult to access without assistance, was something that could still be in an R-rated movie without the movie receiving an X-rating, though I never watched the hot coffee mod myself, from what I understand, it doesn't show any genitals, right?

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE:Some Good News for Gamers
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »
Right.

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 03:36:22 PM »
I'd like to argue that in a Rated R DVD you can watch the movie through and not have to do anything to see nudity (or use scene selection!) where as GTA u had to jump through ridiculous hoops compared to a Rated R DVD.  How come we didn't hear any bitching when God of War had nudity and suggested sex scenes too.  Oh well old topic lets just forget it.