Author Topic: Nintendo Fans 'Don't Buy Assassin's Creed' According to Ubisoft CEO  (Read 10796 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Fans 'Don't Buy Assassin's Creed' According to Ubisoft CEO
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »
I've mentioned it before.  Most Nintendo games I'm day one or don't bother if I'm really interested.  The big reason for that being I know Nintendo will probably not drop the price or run a promotion I'll actually catch until much later.

Some games I'll buy day one because I want to play the game more for the conversation around it then the game itself or I want to start out when everyone else is also at ground zero, Destiny partially falls in that category.

Then there are the games that I'll get to later when they are on sale.  Their is a very good chance that I will never get to them.  Donkey Kong Country Return was on that list and it took being free for me to remember.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 05:09:18 PM »
The problem is that these companies are catering to consumers like you by dropping their prices.
That doesn't sound like a problem to me. :)

If the prices never dropped then I simply wouldn't buy games. Or I would seek out a cheap used copy, which is an even worse idea for publishers. I have never spent $60 on one game and I don't plan to start.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 05:12:09 PM »
The inevitability of price drops and people waiting for them is industry-wide, though. You can't blame Nintendo's situation on that when it's just as true on Sony and Microsoft's systems.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 05:14:21 PM »
I'm not sure who that was directed at, but I'm not blaming anyone for anything.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »
It wasn't really directed at anyone, I just thought it was odd that this topic became about that when it isn't relevant to the story.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 05:45:20 PM »
To be honest I just got AC1 and 2 Bundle on PC like two years ago so these were never big on my radar. the games that I do want on PS3 that seem to skip Nintendo only started doing so last gen, so I am sort of with Ian on this one, I defended the Game Cube to the death, still do it was awesome. I know I had all three Prince of Persia games on Game Cube then I just picked up the HD Remake bundle for PS3 a while back. I don't just wait for bargains when it comes to Nintendo consoles I do it all the way around. Got my SNES the WEEK after N64 came out, got my Game Cube when it dropped to $99 and picked up Zelda Collectors Disk with it, the ONLY console I ever bought day one stood in line for was Wii and consequently its the only one I regret buying at full price which is why I waited till last September to get a PS3 mere months before PS4 launched. I always want to get in early but lack of money and mostly knowing price cuts and better deals are right around the corner usually hold me over. Plus as usual coming into last gen late in the game I am always one step behind most of the time anyways. After I got the Game Cube I did still buy several games at retail full price but mostly I shopped used or I waited for bargain bins.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »
Given the lackluster sales and the stigma that has become attached to Nintendo systems and their fans. I can see why companies would be reluctant to put even their most successful titles onto these platforms.
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 01:26:32 AM »
Just dance!?
O.K hold THE PHONE!!!!!!!
No Sane Person i know plays dancing games! (other then Pokepal)
Screw you Buddy!
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 02:10:38 AM »
Just dance!?
O.K hold THE PHONE!!!!!!!
No Sane Person i know plays dancing games! (other then Pokepal)
Screw you Buddy!
No I don't play them, which means you can rule out the insane as well.

Maybe people buy them just as filler for their gaming shelf, or if they need an extra PS/XBOX/Wii case.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 11:07:45 AM »
I buy DDR games. Now there are some great dancing games.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast