Author Topic: Story Reveiws with Lucario: 1. HALO the orignal destiny guys!  (Read 4744 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
First i would like to say that this is my FIRST reveiw (which was an asignment for school) its not gonig to be perfect (at all). It's posted in here because the reader reveiws say NINTENDO games and not anything else so thta's why it's here. The pictures will be posted below one by one (there's that many)and i did triple check the spelling so shut up. But despite that i'll be looking at something different in Videogames, the Story so please enjoy the first one.

The halo story: the evolution of a games Story:
One of the most famous and profit welding Franchise’s of all time, Halo, but not one review has focused on the most important thing in halo, the story. Halo has the most heart-felt story in any videogame (hands down). Sure people would argue that but when you look closely you even fall in love with the with the wimpy pathetic grunts . Who’s dialect well make you snigger every time. To the tragedy of the Master Chief’s and Cortana’s relationship. I will be focusing on the difference between the Classic original and the jaw-dropping Halo 4. The story in both is extremely rich and vibrant including the history, oh my god the history…
In the Past (I mean aaaaagggggeeeeessssss ago) an ancient race called the forerunners (pic 2) were locked in battle with a (super-scary) parasitic race known as the Flood. The Flood take over a host and inhabit it’s body, so pretty much freaky looking alien zombies. (see pic 1) seriously outnumbered and threatened the forerunners built a last resort weapon/weapons. The Halo arrays, pretty much nukes that wipe out all sentient life in the Milky Way galaxy, destroying the flood but taking the forerunners out with them with it. And with no choice the Forerunners activated the weapon destroying the flood, and all life in the Milky Way galaxy. In the 26th century, humanity thanks to faster-than-light slip space travel, have colonized most habitable planets in the galaxy under the command of the United Nations Space Corps (UNSC). Like most Expansive Empires tension start to rise between Earth and the “inner” colonies” and the “outer” Colony’s. Rebelling against the UNSC, the outer colony’s started a Civil War that lasted for decades which would be later called the insurrection. In response the UNSC creates an Ultra-badass group of Enhanced super-soldiers called the Spartans (pic 3). With the help of these new Super-soldiers the UNSC crush’s the rebellion. In 2525, Humanity’s colonies are attacked by a alliance of Aliens called the covenant(pic 4). Seeing humanity heretics to their gods, the Forerunner’s. The Covenant through their superior technology and numbers start crushing planets one-by-one. The Spartans number to little to combat the threat and most are killed in battle. After the fall of Reach (pic 5) (the UNSC’s major military complex after earth) the Last remaining ship (the Pillar of Autumn) flees to lead the covenant away so the survivors can escape and to lead them away from earth. Cortana, the ship’s AI Leads the covenant fleet to a far of Gas Giant, but orbiting the planet, is a mysterious forerunner ring, Halo(pic 6). When reaching the Ring the Autumn is ambushed by multiple covenant cruiser’s causing catastrophic damage. Captain Keyes orders abandon ship, and wakes the Master Chief (the Last Spartan (pic 7)) to escape and take Cortana (pic7) with him. Using an escape pod they crush-land on the ring with the Covenant close behind, they engage in guerrilla warfare. Meanwhile, the Covenant accidentally activate an installation which releases the flood. Faced now with a far bigger threat, the surviving Spartan heads back with Cortana to activate the crashed Autumn’s (pic :cool; Engine cores. The Chief then escapes Halo on a remaining Fighter (longsword) as the ring blows up destroying an entire Covenant fleet as well. Skipping forward to Halo 4, after the Human-Covenant war is over and a treaty is signed the Master Chief is missing in action (lost in space) and presumed dead. However he is lost in Deep space aboard the cut-in-half Forward Until Dawn(Pic 9). Cortana wakes him up as she notices Covenant Pirates (rouges) entering slip space. She wakes Chief out of cryogenic sleep as she notices the half-a ship being pulled into a unknown forerunner planet, Requiem(Pic 10) pulling the ship into it’s orbit, Cortana sends a distress signal witch is picked up buy the UNSC Flagship The Infinity(Pic 11, 3.5 km’s long! 1.5 wide!…). The Infinity investigates the signal but is pulled into the Gravity well as well (lol). Cortana warns the ship but it is too late as the ship strangely land’s softly on the ground with only minor damage. Meanwhile, Chief and Cortana investigate the surface of the planet and notice Covenant activity on a nearby Forerunner installation while fighting through chief discovers that Cortana is going into Rampancy, a kind of AI death which makes her go insane. Apparently she only has a small time left with him, Chief refuses to believe this however. Chief then accidently activates the construct and awakens the hostile forerunner, the Diadect (Pic 12) After millennia of hibernation, the Diadect attacks and (thinks) he kills chief, the Covenant Pirates believing this is their god reborn, worship him and become His personal army. Attacking the nearby Infinity without cause.
Recovering from unconscious the Chief awakes to find Cortana talking to herself, trying to comfort her she turns and snaps and then suddenly reverts back to normal and apologises telling him that he has to get ready to destroy her, chief refuse’s and continues on finding another installation that turns on activating the Librarian ( the memory of the diadect’s wife) she  explains to them the saga of their history and their downfall explaining that the Diadect refused to commit suicide and wait for the reclaimers (the descent’s of the Forerunner’s) hiding himself and going to “sleep” until Chief wakens him. She also explains that Humanity is what they have been waiting for all this time and that Chief is the reclaimer and most stop the crazy Diadect at all cost, who believes that he can rebuild their once great empire to it’s former glory. Chief leaves and go’s to find him, but picks up an SOS from the Infinity, investigating he finds that in the year’s he has been gone the UNSC have made more Spartan’s saving the ship the
other’s agree to help in his quest and engage the Covenant while chief attacks the Diadect while Cortana falls deeper and deeper into Rampancy. Chief confronts the Diadect fighting his way to the ship that he is about to repair. And following is probably one of the most memorable scenes in video game history, Cortana sacrifices herself (pic 13) to save Chief and “destroying” the Diadect. This scene has so much depth and feeling that is impossible not to cry. After Cortana’s sacrifice, Chief detonates the ship and is seen floating in space, presumably given up on life as the Infinity picks him up and repairs him, you late see the Diadect reforming in a desert like planet. Chief vows to hunt down any remaining Forerunner’s and if you play the game in Legendary diffusely you get to see him pulling of his helmet and seeing his eyes(pic 14), which prior to the game no one had seen even a glimpse of his face, the widely held belief that in the last Halo Chief will show his face (but not now). These game’s stories were amazing on so many levels, their fast, witty and generally makes me feel for the character’s. You start as an ace fighter fighting for his survival while uncovering the secrets of the universe, and then when you think it is all over Chief gets awakened again and you discover the Covenant where nothing compared to what the threat of the Forerunners are. You feel Chief’s solemn bad-ass attitude, the need to save the galaxy and one of my saddest moments in video games. Watching Cortana die when you are powerless to stop it.
Halo: Combat Evolved, Introduced us to the king of stories for First person shooters, very little games at the time to claim to have better story then what halo had. Everybody looked forward to Halo 2, because of the amazing game that the original was, it got Microsoft into the Console wars THIS ONE GAME. Making them able to compete with Sony and Nintendo for supremacy.
Halo: 4, blew 2012 out of the water, over a decade after the original, every one thought halo was a dead franchise. With Bungie pulling out and 343 industries replacing them in development but, they defiantly didn’t disappoint with one of the most spectacular shooters ever. Halo 4 was literally one of the best games I ever played when you make the player wince in pain, cheer, even cry. You know you have done well when the player feels this. This game has rebooted the Halo fan base and made the impatient wait for Halo 5 Guardians unbearable.
Both of these games are amazing hands down, to decide which one is better is harder than you could imagine, the original was the Nostalgia boat of hell for me, but I realized it also had a lot of backtracking through levels later in the game. While the new one is beautiful, but got rid of the Flood (YES!). But Finally I have come to an conclusion drum roll please, Halo CE scores:
9/10
With revisionary story and spectacular gameplay the game is only slowed down by the lack of weapons and the cheap backtracking later in levels made Metriod seem like Heaven(the king of Backtrackers). Now Halo 4:
9.5/10
This game is near perfect in every way, the only thing that makes it better than the original is the original game design (no backtracking) and the tough decisions the programmers had to decide. Cortana dying literally made me bawl my eyes out she was your companion for all these years through all this hardship and is now dead. Cortana made you laugh and relieved tense scenes (making the flood levels playable) and know she’s gone, my words cannot show enough pain for this at all. Yes this game is better than the original.
Choosing which one of these games ( no lying) was one very hard decision. This review was a pain to make (trying to explain the story took forever!). Yes people are going to shoot me for saying this but Halo CE was good, for it’s time. Halo 4 has perfectly perfected every thing but some minor bugs are the only thing stoping from getting it a 10. This review was fun to make and enjoyed it, so thanks for reading. One thing these games have taught me, don’t mess with the Master Chief.
Yours,
Jacob “Lucario” Schmidt

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:39:24 AM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Story Reveiws with Lucario
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:46:48 AM »
Pics in order: 1(HEY GUYS!) and 2( a forerunner),3 (the badasse's)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:25:22 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:48:44 AM »
 4 (just your average alliance) and 5( the fall of reach) rest of the pics will be posted tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:26:02 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:21:06 PM »
6(the Halo array) and 7 (Chief and Cortana)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:26:36 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 08:21:48 PM »
8 (call the tow company!) and 9 (just a little fix)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:27:08 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 08:23:33 PM »
10( Beautiful requim) and 11 (what's with these ships and crashing?)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:27:44 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
12 (egh, it's hideous!) and 13 ( NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:28:08 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 08:24:30 PM »
and 14 (I got nothing)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:28:25 PM by Lucariofan99 »
Made you look ****.