Poll

Who Should Be Added in the Second DLC Wave?

Shrek
1 (2.5%)
Godzilla
1 (2.5%)
James Bond
1 (2.5%)
James Jones
1 (2.5%)
Super Kong
1 (2.5%)
Tutorial Pig
1 (2.5%)
Who cares? Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination
1 (2.5%)
Your Mom
2 (5%)
Malon
3 (7.5%)
Geno
2 (5%)
Funky Kong
4 (10%)
Reggie
2 (5%)
Iwata
1 (2.5%)
The Playstation All-Stars
1 (2.5%)
Goku
1 (2.5%)
The volleyball from Dead or Alive Xtreme Volleyball
2 (5%)
Nintendo Characters!
6 (15%)
The Mon-Stars from Space Jam
2 (5%)
More 3rd Party Characters!
5 (12.5%)
Sakurai
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: March 21, 2020, 02:36:44 PM

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate And The Never-Ending 3rd Party Character DLC  (Read 127134 times)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
https://youtu.be/Kc5y6dlkANM

How can I post videos right into the post? Not just the link.
See the “https”? Take out the “s” because the BBCode won’t work. Then, put the entire YouTube link between “[youtube*]” and “[*/youtube]” but you must take out the “*” from between the brackets. I only added them to show you the BBCode otherwise the forum would think I’m trying to post a YouTube video. Also, I don’t believe mobile YouTube links work.

Also, I expected a more enthusiastic reaction. Quite frankly, I’m disappointed, sir. I had to walk outside when Daisy was announced.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Thanks! I assumed my reaction would be bigger as well but you know what I had a ton of emotions going through my mind. Remembering my discussions and arguments from high school through Brawl to 3DU and up until now, well it left me nearly speechless and tears in my eyes.

Never cried for gaming reveal before.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I was joking. That was a great reaction. “What just happened? What just hap-“

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
I was joking. That was a great reaction. “What just happened? What just hap-“

I see! Congrats on Daisy!

RomanceDawn

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
He's so scary!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
That was great! Caterkiller's reactions are in my E3 top 10

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
From an interview with Sakurai about Ultimate:

"First, I thought whether I should design the game’s mechanics as a new, separate entry or as an extension of past entries – the result, as you can tell, was the latter. Otherwise, size of the roster would probably be about a third of what it is now. There’s people who’ll still probably say that “the earlier entries are better,” too, of course; but while that mindset is something I should consider, I felt that “now isn’t the time to be thinking about that sort of thing."

That first thing was exactly what I was saying before! Maybe next time.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
For me, only Melee felt almost entirely new. The other subsequent installments felt like extensions (Ultimate looks like one and is pitched as such), and only Brawl felt like a step back to me.

I wonder what Sakurai means by “[designing] the game’s mechanics as new.” Would it be like the difference between the various Street Fighter series in which there are definitely familiar moves but the specials meters and certain mechanics significantly set each apart? Or would it be like a complete overhaul like a 3D arena fighter like Power Stone?

Offline segagamersteph

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
Didn't Nintendo once claim Twilight Princess would be the last traditonal Zelda ever? How is that working out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
Didn't Nintendo once claim Twilight Princess would be the last traditonal Zelda ever? How is that working out.
At the risk of going off-topic, I’d say it’s working out pretty well. Considering the new games that came after, Twilight Princess was the last traditional Zelda:

1. Phantom Hourglass (2007): first entry to use touchscreen controls
2. Spirit Tracks (2009): second entry to use touchscreen controls, first to let you (occasionally) play as Zelda
3. Skyward Sword (2011): first and so far only entry to primarily focus on motion controls
4. A Link Between Worlds (2013): ditched ordered dungeons; forced players to rent/buy new items, all of which are available fairly early
5. Tri Force Heroes (2015): three-player co-op, no two-player option, shared heart meter, emphasis on stacking Link like a totem pole
6. Hyrule Warriors (2016): musou-style gameplay
7. Breath of the Wild (2017): first open world air entry, completely ditched standard dungeons, green tunic is obscenely difficult to obtain without Amiibo and also seems intentionally designed to look dorky

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Who likes Smash Bros. character inclusion rumor speculation?

Today's rumor is brought to us by Inverse.com via a 4Chan Leak so you know it's legit. Although, the Smash 4 leaker was pretty spot on for awhile until Chrom turned out to be replaced by Lucina and just part of a Final Smash attack and the Chorus Kid(s) fighter never amounted to anything.

Anyways, for those to lazy to click the link to read the article, here's the 4Chan post itself:

Quote from: clearly Sakurai himself posting on 4Chan to troll us all

OK Kiddies, see if you can figure this one out.

July: The characters “King” and “Ponytail” will be revealed in a mini direct

August: The character “Old Man” will be revealed at years EVO

September: The character “Archer” will be revealed in a direct of some kind

October: The Characters “Warrior” & “Secretary” will be revealed in a Smash Ultimate focused Direct.

November: The character “Mech” will be revealed in a surprise character announcement

The other characters: The Characters “Rhythm” “Folklore” “Doll” and “Prime Ribs” won’t get reveal trailers until post release.

As for the supposed answers to these codenames, let's start with the first two. King could be King K. Rule and Ponytail could be Dixie Kong. Two characters that have long been getting requests for inclusion since the time Brawl was getting made. Perhaps the decades of campaigning has paid off. It would double the DK Universe roster from 2 to 4 so I'm not opposed to it but I personally have walked away from Dixie Kong inclusion as I just don't think she actually has a lot of interesting fighting moves and there are other characters that I think would be more fun and unique instead. However, I absolutely will take a K. Rool inclusion as he does have a lot of different moves from his boss fights that could be used.

There's also been a rumor that there is a Nintendo Direct coming near the end of July for Nintendo to talk about more of their plans and releases for the rest of the year. Particularly since they didn't provide much news on the 3DS and the release dates for the few games still coming out on it. If this Direct does actually happen this month, it will be the big test for this rumor and how long it stays relevant.

As for the other code names: Old Man could be Cranky Kong (doubtful and please no) or Heihachi, the patriarch villain from the Tekken series since the debut is happening at the EVO fighting tournament. To which I say, who? (like Star Lord announcing himself as though I've heard of him before) and a God No! as well. But who else might make a noteworthy Old Man for Smash inclusion?

Archer could be Decidueye as an inclusion from Pokemon Sun and Moon and to give Smash its latest current Pokemon representative. Not being much of a Pokemon player, is Decidueye a popular pokemon from the Sun/Moon games? I knew about Lucario before his addition to Smash but didn't know Greyninja until his inclusion so this would be the same reaction to his reveal for me. Otherwise, with Archer, my first thought goes to Fire Emblem.

Warrior is getting Simon Belmont guesses but I'm dismissing that with Snake already representing Konami. If any third party is getting a second character in Smash, I'm sure it would be Sega who has all manner of other Sonic characters that could be included along with other franchises like Super Monkey Ball, Nights, Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon or Toe Jam and Earl just to name some of the crazy and interesting possibilities from them.

Secretary though is pretty much at a consensus of being Isabelle from Animal Crossing and given how well New Leaf did and her huge popularity from that game, it makes the most sense to this code name. And I can see Isabelle being upgraded from Assist Trophy to Fighter except not as a new original fighter but as an Echo for Villager. Still, it seems weird that she'd be the second to make the jump from Assist Trophy to Fighter after Little Mac considering some of the other choices.

Mech is wide open as to who that could be. Inverse supposes it might be a reference to Elma from XCX but that's just a guess. Obviously, Nintendo revealed the Machina game at E3 about Mechs so maybe that could be what it refers to. Then there is the Custom Robo series which has had very little Smash representation.

As for the final four, Prime Ribs might be a Metroid character like Dark Samus, Rhythm would seem to be a Rhythm Heaven character but who or what character is unknown but we're going back to the Rhythm rumor again for this Smash Bros. Doll might be Geno from good old Super Mario RPG and no one knows what Folklore could be which probably disappoints the leaker who thought it was a good clue to have people guess some weird character and go bonkers.

All in all, I highly doubt this is anything. If we go by some of these guesses, the remaining characters just seem kind of weak for inclusion. This leak would seem to indicate that there will be no inclusion of an ARMS fighter which is always a possibility but it seems like low hanging fruit and an easy game to adapt a character to make fit in Smash.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 01:19:55 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
On the subject of character inclusion, I wanted to go back to this post by Caterkiller that I had looked up after the E3 Direct and dissect it a bit more.

My ideal roster. All I really need is Dixie and Ridley to be satisfied for all eternity but it's always nice to dream!

As for the multi-characters Pokemon Trainer and Rick/Coo/Kine I'd like the Trainer to act as he did in Brawl but with the option to choose any of the 3 solo. For Kirby's buddies I want Rick as the "main" guy but different attacks or abilities have you randomly transform or team up with the other two. Take a look at Kirby Star Allies for the exact idea.

That's a nice 80 character roster that won't be accurate. Let's dismiss the Smash alum that we now know are all going to be in and the couple new additions revealed already and focus on the rest.

K. Rool / Dixie Kong - It's starting to feel like the calls for their inclusion are getting much more vocal from Smash 4 to now and they are starting to have an almost inevitable feeling of inclusion. Almost. It's hard to say how much Nintendo values K. Rool. He's made a few appearances in things since Rare's split like King of Swing/Mario Baseball yet Retro has left him and the Kremling crew out of the new DKC games they've made. Dixie has had more of a presence but I'll reiterate that aside from swinging her ponytail and cartwheeling what other moves are people expecting her to bring to the fight?

Captain Toad / Geno - As soon as I finally finish BotW 100%, I'm going to play Captain Toad. Serious this time! But from playing Mario 3D World, I just don't see how you include a character that doesn't jump, walks slow and has no attacks. Sure he carries and axe but I don't recall ever using it in 3D World. However, I make a concession that Toad himself might possibly be included. He could run and jump in SM2 aka Doki Doki Panic version. And there will be the SM2 stage from Melee included so you could have a Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad battle if added. Plus, Toad has been thrown in as a playable character in the NSMB games and 3D World. You might be able to then have a Captain Toad costume for him but I just don't see the Captain himself being included. As for Geno, no. If I'm Sakurai and in charge of Smash, I'm not adding Geno. I like Geno. He adds some charm to Super Mario RPG but once I've acquired Peach and Bowser, I really don't use him much after that in the game. He can shoot pellets from his arms or blast his arms off but what else do people think he can use for moves or want to see him do? He's not the most memorable part of the game. In fact, I put Mallow ahead of him even. He's appeared in nothing else. I'm not sure if Nintendo or Square own his rights and Square already has Cloud in the game. It ain't happening, Geno fans. If it does, I will be super shocked. More shocking than Ridley.

Tails / Knuckles - I mean, I would welcome more Sonic Characters into Smash. Sega could probably make a Smash game of their own with Sonic characters (and a few additions from other franchises) and make a special part of the Sonic fanbase very happy but until we see a third party get two characters of theirs included in Smash then I believe Nintendo is limiting them all to one and done. Still, if any third party could get a second addition, I do believe it to be Sega. And if Sega were to get that milestone, I think it would just be an echo character for Sonic like Shadow or my personal choice of Metal Sonic. But we already know Knuckles is an Assist Trophy so he's out. If Tails has a chance of appearing in this game, I think it would be as an assist trophy also. Maybe next Smash Bros. when Sakurai is probably gone and someone else has taken over and they cut back on the other third parties being included. Then they can make up for the lack of Konami and Capcom with more Sega and Sonic characters.

Ganon/Skullkid - Most likely ain't happening and I've no problem with that. Wasn't Skullkid an assist trophy before? Probably be back as that again. And Ganondorf uses a sword now so why do we need Pig Ganon? Be better off including a Guardian Robot or Lynel before including Pig Ganon. With three Links in this game, I don't think the Zelda series is getting any other fighter additions.

Decidueye - I was just wondering if he was a popular Pokemon in my post about the 4Chan leak and see he's been included in this mock-up so I guess he/she is. Therefore, I guess this character may actually have a good/high chance of making it if the Pokemon fanbase has been vocal about it being a popular character.

Waddle Dee / Koo Cine Rick - I get the appeal of having another Pokemon Trainer type fighting but I think this is an incredible longshot of ever happening. Until Star Allies, these characters were never standalone. They were like Yoshi in SMW. Unlike Yoshi, they never got a game of their own to make them into unique characters with their own gameplay. They depend on Kirby using them and piggybacking off his copy abilities. If the Kirby series does get another character, it does seem that Waddle Dee would be most likely with his inclusion as the fourth character in multiplayer Kirby games. However, I don't find him a particularly interesting character nor do I think he brings any special moves to the party so I'd be fine if he was passed over in place of other interesting characters.

Wonder Red - With how Wonderful 101 has seem to come and go in more gamer's consciousness and no sign of this game or series continuing on, I just don't see Red getting a roster slot in addition to the fact that PlatinumGames already has Bayonetta representing them so I'm sticking to my one character per third party theory and don't see Nintendo breaking it to include Wonder Red of all third party characters out there.

Spring Man - Once again, I agree that an ARMS character and even stage would make an easy fit to include in the Ultimate. I think the odds are good and I'm on board with it (even though I haven't played ARMS yet myself) but the only thing I disagree on is that character being Spring Man. Of all the characters, he just seems the most bland and generic to me. I would put every other character ahead of him as the possible ARMS representative. Frankly, my money is on Min Min with her ramen connection and to include more female characters.

Rhythm Monkey - Having played Rhythm Heaven Megamix, I would like to see some kind of representation for the RH series. I just didn't see how since the games are quite varied and there is no real central character. Now that I know what the Chorus Kids are like and how their music games play, the idea that they could have been included as a fighter in Smash 4 is ridiculous to me. But then I got thinking about Karate Joe. He appears in a punch of Rhythm games. He punches and kicks. He could dropkick bombs and crates or toss soccer balls, pots or rocks at other players. There's an outline of a possible fighter here. But the Wii version really seems to have focused on adding monkeys into the Rhythm Games. Seeing the monkey shown here made me realize that larger monkey presence in Megamix as well from those Wii games. So, perhaps something could be done with the monkey as well and it might allow for more flexibility to include moves from other rhythm games the monkey isn't in like hitting a badminton birdie into another player. The monkey could throw golf balls at fighters or it could grab a fighter and then tap dance on them for a couple examples of how to include actual moves from the rhythm games. If a fighter is included from the RH series, I think it could be a pretty inventive fighter based on how its moves are created and hopefully provide a different type of fighter. I didn't think there was a way to represent this series in Smash but I've now come around on the possibility and with Karate Joe or the Monkey there is a base that I think the Smash type could start with and work from. I'd love to see it and it could fit the mold of a surprise Sakurai choice like Wii Fit Trainer or Duck Hunt Dog but I'm not sure where this series is on Sakurai or Nintendo's radar on trying to get it worked into Smash.

8 more characters to go over in this chart but I've typed enough late night Smash musings for now so the rest will have to wait for a follow up post.

Also, congrats to Stratos for correctly predicting the Ultimate before it was Ultimate:

I also fully expect every alumni player possible to return, because that should be a priority. Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers need to be in.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
I like Castlevania though I still dislike Konami. I wouldn’t hate Simon Belmont though I think Trevor or especially Richter are better choices. I’d be in favor of including Miriam from Bloodstained. I wouldn’t bet on it though.

I’m still on the KOS-MOS wagon. I think her chances are slim, but she apparently, got new life as a Rare Blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Dark Samus has no business being an Echo character. I’ve seen that floated around. Dark Samus must have her own moveset.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:43:02 PM by Adrock »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Who likes Smash Bros. character inclusion rumor speculation?

Today's rumor is brought to us by Inverse.com via a 4Chan Leak so you know it's legit. Although, the Smash 4 leaker was pretty spot on for awhile until Chrom turned out to be replaced by Lucina and just part of a Final Smash attack and the Chorus Kid(s) fighter never amounted to anything.

Anyways, for those to lazy to click the link to read the article, here's the 4Chan post itself:

Quote from: clearly Sakurai himself posting on 4Chan to troll us all

OK Kiddies, see if you can figure this one out.

July: The characters “King” and “Ponytail” will be revealed in a mini direct

August: The character “Old Man” will be revealed at years EVO

September: The character “Archer” will be revealed in a direct of some kind

October: The Characters “Warrior” & “Secretary” will be revealed in a Smash Ultimate focused Direct.

November: The character “Mech” will be revealed in a surprise character announcement

The other characters: The Characters “Rhythm” “Folklore” “Doll” and “Prime Ribs” won’t get reveal trailers until post release.

Agree this is probably false, but a fun chance for some guided theory crafting. I'll try to guess some that have not been mentioned yet.

King = King of Red Lions/King Rhoam, his final smash could be turning into boat form and flooding the competition before bombing them to oblivion.

Ponytail = Shantae

Old Man = Old Man from Legend of Zelda or Cranky Kong. I would love Cranky Kong because he could use that cane-pogo move similar to Scrooge from the Ducktales game.

Archer = Another Zelda in the style of BotW. I think there is a reason they altered the main Zelda to look like her form in the last handheld title. Maybe give her some powers to control Sheika tech via the Sheika Slate

Warrior = Eldegard, the new female character from Fire Emblem Three Houses. She wields an axe, allowing her to diversify the weapon-wielding characters in the game, and better justify yet another FE character in the roster.

Secretary = I got nothing, so I'll join the AC bandwagon, though she should summon other animals as her attacks instead of fighting directly.

Mech = Ray 01 from Custom Robo, or more realistically, a primary mech from Daemon x Machina; can't think of anything different.

Rhythm = Elite Beat Agents, coinciding with a new game for that series on Switch

Folklore = I would guess a Final Fantasy character because Fantasy=Folklore, but we already have Cloud. I'll got with Dillon since he could have a unique moveset and a Western is another type of folklore. Okay, that's a stretch, so I'll go with Okami since it is directly influenced by Japanese folklore.

Doll = Again, I'm out of different ideas, so count me in the Geno camp.

Prime Ribs = Monster Hunter Prowler Cat character since a signature move of those games is eating a large prime rib to boost stamina.

My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Warrior is getting Simon Belmont guesses but I'm dismissing that with Snake already representing Konami. If any third party is getting a second character in Smash, I'm sure it would be Sega who has all manner of other Sonic characters that could be included along with other franchises like Super Monkey Ball, Nights, Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Panzer Dragoon or Toe Jam and Earl just to name some of the crazy and interesting possibilities from them.

You do realize that Capcom already has 2 characters in the game right?  I know some people like to think of Mega Man as a Nintendo character but he's fully owned by Capcom along with Ryu.

So there's nothing stopping other third parties from getting more then one character in the game as well.  Looking at all the money Bloodstained got for it's Kickstarter, I wouldn't be surprised if Castlevania fans flooded the last Smash Bros ballet pretty good like the Ridley fans did.  They are a very dedicated fanbase and hardcore fanbase so I could easily see someone like Simon being in the top 10 list when all the votes were counted.

Right now we have, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Street Fighter, Metal Gear and Final Fantasy represented in Smash Bros.  With Bomberman also being represented as an Assist Trophy, Castlevania is the last most iconic third party franchise left from the classic gaming era with no representation in Smash Bros.  With Castlevania being more popular then Bomberman and it's characters easier to create movesets for, I have no problem betting all my money on a Castlevania character getting in the next Smash Bros, with Simon more then likely being that character because he's easily been the most requested over the last decade.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Nintendo and Microsoft will continue the lovefest and we will have Minecraft Steve, Banjo Kazooie, and Master Chief.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I could absolutely see Minecraft Steve in the game. It'd be pretty easy to come up with a move set based on the various tools.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Cranky Kong being the original Donkey Kong deserves a spot over K. Rool (seriously, biggest waste of a slot I've ever heard of in my entire life, why him when you could have CROC?) and even Dixie, who I could see as an Echo Fighter, but that's all.

As for everything else?

No.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

You do realize that Capcom already has 2 characters in the game right?  I know some people like to think of Mega Man as a Nintendo character but he's fully owned by Capcom along with Ryu.

So there's nothing stopping other third parties from getting more then one character in the game as well.  Looking at all the money Bloodstained got for it's Kickstarter, I wouldn't be surprised if Castlevania fans flooded the last Smash Bros ballet pretty good like the Ridley fans did.  They are a very dedicated fanbase and hardcore fanbase so I could easily see someone like Simon being in the top 10 list when all the votes were counted.

Right now we have, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Sonic, Street Fighter, Metal Gear and Final Fantasy represented in Smash Bros.  With Bomberman also being represented as an Assist Trophy, Castlevania is the last most iconic third party franchise left from the classic gaming era with no representation in Smash Bros.  With Castlevania being more popular then Bomberman and it's characters easier to create movesets for, I have no problem betting all my money on a Castlevania character getting in the next Smash Bros, with Simon more then likely being that character because he's easily been the most requested over the last decade.

I didn't forget about Mega Man. I forgot about Ryu! That does change things. Well, now, maybe Mr. Belmont does have a chance after all.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
I'm gonna go out on a huge limb here and say that they'll have another trailer with some characters, and you see what appears to be the Hookshot, but then you hear "GET OVER HERE!" and it's Scorpion from Mortal Kombat...and then they also announce MK Arcade Kollection for the eShop, only this time including MK4.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Not sure about Isabelle being an Echo for Villager.  The Direct showed 8 versions of the Villager, so unless Echo characters are getting separate slots, I think the rumor suggests Isabelle being a stand alone character.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
Not sure about Isabelle being an Echo for Villager.  The Direct showed 8 versions of the Villager, so unless Echo characters are getting separate slots, I think the rumor suggests Isabelle being a stand alone character.

Echo fighters do have separate slots though.  They might share the same moveset but the different stats do make them different characters.  Hence why they have their own character pages on the official website while the different costume characters like Alph and the Koopalings don't.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/index.html
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I could absolutely see Minecraft Steve in the game. It'd be pretty easy to come up with a move set based on the various tools.
He could also be kind of interesting to play as if they incorporate the idea of placing certain blocks to have different effects on the battlefield.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Echo fighters do have separate slots though.  They might share the same moveset but the different stats do make them different characters.  Hence why they have their own character pages on the official website while the different costume characters like Alph and the Koopalings don't.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/index.html

Oh, ok.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Caterkiller

• View Profile
On the subject of character inclusion, I wanted to go back to this post by Caterkiller that I had looked up after the E3 Direct and dissect it a bit more.

My ideal roster. All I really need is Dixie and Ridley to be satisfied for all eternity but it's always nice to dream!

As for the multi-characters Pokemon Trainer and Rick/Coo/Kine I'd like the Trainer to act as he did in Brawl but with the option to choose any of the 3 solo. For Kirby's buddies I want Rick as the "main" guy but different attacks or abilities have you randomly transform or team up with the other two. Take a look at Kirby Star Allies for the exact idea.

That's a nice 80 character roster that won't be accurate. Let's dismiss the Smash alum that we now know are all going to be in and the couple new additions revealed already and focus on the rest.

K. Rool / Dixie Kong - It's starting to feel like the calls for their inclusion are getting much more vocal from Smash 4 to now and they are starting to have an almost inevitable feeling of inclusion. Almost. It's hard to say how much Nintendo values K. Rool. He's made a few appearances in things since Rare's split like King of Swing/Mario Baseball yet Retro has left him and the Kremling crew out of the new DKC games they've made. Dixie has had more of a presence but I'll reiterate that aside from swinging her ponytail and cartwheeling what other moves are people expecting her to bring to the fight?

I also fully expect every alumni player possible to return, because that should be a priority. Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers need to be in.

Nice write up on all those characters! Now that we know Sakurai's first design document came about December 2015 I think a few characters like Spring Man, Rex and Pyra are out. At least until DLC.

I expect about 10 total characters with maybe 3 of them as echoes for the base roster. I know people keep telling me not to expect so many but man that is still a pretty small number relative to other smash titles and Sakurai is always going to Sakurai.

Inkling, Ridley, Simon, K Rool and/or Dixie(if one the other might be DLC), Pokemon, Rhythm character and Elma. Elma because Sakurai tweeted a long time ago he bought one of those toys again for a reference and with that gun and mech I can only think of a Xenoblade character like her with a Skell. Echoes might include Shadow, Funky Kong and Medusa, don't really know. I have a hard time seeing Dixie as an echo only because the entire point of her existence was to differentiate her from Dixie and her design just screams for her to be unique.

RomanceDawn