Poll

Which title are you DEFINITELY picking up with your 3DS?

The Sims 3
0 (0%)
Nothing. The 3DS launch lineup is complete and utter garbage.
5 (6.8%)
Pilot Wings Resort
17 (23%)
Steel Diver
7 (9.5%)
Pro Evoloution Soccer 2011 3D
1 (1.4%)
Nintendogs + Cats
0 (0%)
Super Monkey Ball 3D
7 (9.5%)
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars
3 (4.1%)
Madden NFL Football
0 (0%)
Asphalt 3D
0 (0%)
Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D
0 (0%)
Bust-A-Move Universe
2 (2.7%)
Ridge Racer 3D
3 (4.1%)
Rayman 3D
1 (1.4%)
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
3 (4.1%)
I'm strapped for cash so the included AR games and software is enough for now.
5 (6.8%)
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
17 (23%)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles
3 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: March 27, 2011, 02:27:26 PM

Author Topic: So...what launch title(s) are you picking up with your 3DS?  (Read 22341 times)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: So...what launch title(s) are you picking up with your 3DS?
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 11:47:47 AM »
Even if I do decide to get the 3DS, I'm not buying any of the launch titles (most likely) and I'll wait for the new Mario games to come out. I have high hopes for Paper Mario.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »
I'm definitely getting Pilotwings.  Bust a Move Universe and Steel Diver are both maybes for me.

Offline Tanookisuit

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
    • jeremytinder.com
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
Pilotwings and Street Fighter.  Where the hell are demo units?  I want to try this thing out!

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2011, 09:15:25 PM »
Speaking of demos, I wonder if Nintendo is gonna push for more demos to be available for 3DS games as soon as the new eShop is available.  More than ever I'm going to want to try before I buy a lot of different types of software that hitherto fore has not been available on a Nintendo handheld device.  I'm sure Nintendo will have 1st party demos up as they were pretty supportive on that front for the DS once they launched that ability through the Nintendo Channel on Wii.

On the heels of that, I hope with the storage problem out of the way, we will be able to save demos (both 3DS and DS) to our system instead of the archaic and dismal system they have in place to accommodate the DS Phat and Lite.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
The amount of content in Steel Diver has me worried. I still want to play the game just not sure if it might be worth the full price at launch. It seems Famitsu says there isn't a lot of content in the game when they finally reviewed it.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 08:09:06 PM by NeoStar9X »

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 11:16:22 PM »
I've still got enough games for my DS to satisfy my handheld gaming needs for the near future, especially with Radiant Historia just coming out and Okamiden coming soon.  Too many of the launch games smell of rushed out stripped down versions that are there to only to cash in on being launch titles (Madden, Sims, Ridge Racer...).

Pilot Wings has potential to be really good and if I were getting a 3DS at launch I'd probably get it but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being underwhelming.  I'd like to think Super Monkey Ball will be good but none of the games have captured the magic of the 1st one in my opinion, though Super Monkey Ball 2 was close.

With the DS games I have to still play, the weak launch lineup, and the fact that 18 months from now we'll probably see the 3DS Lite, I'm going to hold off for now.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 12:14:17 AM »
Anyone interested in Ghost Recon: Shadow Warriors should read this IGN interview with the game's producer. He goes really in-depth into the mechanics of the game, and has me sold on it. Unless some truly awful reviews come in, I'm picking the game up with the system on launch day.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2011, 01:20:46 AM »
Yeah, I'm really stoked on playing a tactical Ghost Recon game a la the Original Rainbow Six on PC.  Of course this is all over head view/turn based (I presume), but I love the possibility of a good meaty military tactical game on the go.  This and Rayman (praying that it's as good as the dreamcast version) are my 2nd wave of 3DS games I want to purchase.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2011, 07:30:17 AM »
Anyone interested in Ghost Recon: Shadow Warriors should read this IGN interview with the game's producer. He goes really in-depth into the mechanics of the game, and has me sold on it. Unless some truly awful reviews come in, I'm picking the game up with the system on launch day.
I'm a fan of SRPGs. However what Ubisoft is doing on the 3DS is just extremely disappointing. Ghost Recon looks so damn ugly. Now I'm not a graphics guy usually but this should have stayed a DS game. It has no business being in a 3DS box. It has no support at all from Ubisoft who are basically sending it and Splinter Cell out to die. Even they have to know how rush these games are and what they most certainly look like compared to other 3DS games. The Combat of Giants game looks more graphically impressive. I know the head design of Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is talented but I see no reason at all to spend any money on this game given how it looks and has been presented. Now if it was being pushed as a DS game that's a different story. Expectations are higher if you are going to push a 3DS game. Especially when all others have or are rising to the challenge.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2011, 03:11:44 PM »
I don't think it looks bad, and even if it did, who cares whether it's a 3DS or DS game or if Ubisoft is sending it off to die? It's shaping up to be a really good game, and that's what's important. It's also easily the deepest and meatiest original experience at the 3DS launch.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 07:48:07 PM »
I see Ghost Recon as either being an incredible sleeper hit that goes on to become one of those hard to find 3DS games in a couple years (and shows up on a Best of 3DS retrospective no less  ;) ), or turn out not only terrible, but forgettably so.

This is one of the few games that I'm going to be really digging into reviews for, if only for information on the actual game which seems to be real sparse so close to launch. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a diamond in the rough.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 08:50:24 PM »
If you want information on how the game plays, check out the article I linked to a few posts back. The creator goes into great detail about the mechanics of the game.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 09:09:02 PM »
I've read that and the game sounds good in my book.  I guess what I'm really looking forward to are hands-on impressions and the only place I'm guaranteed to find that is in a review.

Of course when the game does come out, I hope to have some kind of official thread of sorts here so I can see what people think of the game.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
Looking at my financial situation, I'm probably going to be able to afford two games at launch. At this point, I've pretty much settled on Ghost Recon and PilotWings. I've already made the case for Ghost Recon in this thread, and I'm going with PilotWings because I never played the SNES version, only played the N64 games for the few days I had it the one time I rented it, and I'm not sure I've ever played the flight mode in Wii Sports Resort. It also seems like the best game to show off the 3D capabilities, the exact opposite of Ghost Recon.

J.P. Corbran

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
Seeing the GameStop deal where you can trade in a DSi XL and knock a 100 dollars off the price of a 3DS, it's certainly looking more manageable for me now. I'll most likely get Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition with it.
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline NeoStar9X

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2011, 12:50:55 AM »
I think I'm going have to knock my list from three down to two. Steel Diver is a get for certain. So it comes down between Super Street Fighter 4 and Ridge Racer. I mainly want SSF4 because it appears to the best 3DS launch game. I'm not crazy about fighters and really out of the two big fighters I want Dead or Alive the most but it's not coming out to May. I could simply wait for DoA:D. Ridge Racer looks fun but it seems tracks are used over and over and over, etc again. That could get boring I think. Not sure how much this is laziness and rushed game or if that is how Ridge Racer games usually are. I want to get two at the minimum so while I could pass on SSF4 and wait Dead or Alive I'm not sure if I really want Ridge Racer to be the second game. I need to decide soon though.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 01:15:14 AM by NeoStar9X »

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2011, 07:45:17 AM »
Just the Street Fighters for me. Dabbled in the console version a teeny bit and seems...like Street Fighter. I loved Alpha 2 with the World Tour mode. Gave a bit of meat to the overall package. Heh... 'meat package.' Heh...What are ya buyin'?

I'd have grabbed Pilotwings and Steel Diver, BUT OH NO, they're not being released at launch in Australia for some stupid reason. *Punches monitor in the face*

My 3DS is coming bundled with that 2D Rabbids platformer. 'Tis not on the list, so I dunno. *Has a little cry about it*

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
9 days till launch! No Rayman love? :'(

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 05:11:02 PM »
Rayman 3D is yet another port of Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Ubisoft did the same thing for the DS launch when they released it as Rayman DS, although Ubisoft claims they have added content for the 3DS version. I haven't seen much coverage of it though.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 06:02:25 PM »
The DS version, blah! But the 3DS version is a port of the superior Dreamcast version of an already stellar platformer!  I mean, how many people actually played Rayman 2? So great...

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 06:23:03 PM »
I have never played Rayman 2, so I'm somewhat interested in it, but to me it falls into the same category as Steel Diver in that I'm probably going to wait for a price drop.

J.P. Corbran

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 12:31:06 PM »
I'm interested in rayman because it's actually a great game and now with 3DS the controls will work (unlike DS) so it might work out really well. The game is about 10 hours long, so with added content it might be the best version of a great game.

I already paid for Pilotwings.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 12:51:57 PM »
I'm thinking of buying Pilotwings. If not, I'll just be happy with the software included in the system until a better game comes out.

Offline Razorkid

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 03:37:13 PM »
Gah! Favorable reviews and impressions are popping up for a bunch of 3DS games that haven't been covered much if at all that I'm interested in.  Seriously, I've never had such a hard time deciding what to buy at the launch of new system :Q .

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »
I know I've been the biggest proponent of Ghost Recon, but Ubisoft embargoing reviews of all their 3DS launch games until launch day is scaring me. It's likely they're just doing it to protect one or two of them, as only embargoing them would be a huge red flag, but I'm getting cold feet.

J.P. Corbran