Author Topic: Wii Shop Channel shutting down - first real death of digital content?  (Read 6241 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Shop Channel shutting down - first real death of digital content?
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Ouch. Disc drive went out in my first. I never converted my digital purchases to my second Wii, and therefor have not ported them to a Wii U. Not sure if I should do it now or keep them there.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2017, 03:15:07 PM »
It's unfortunate that the Wii shop didn't become integrated into the Wii U shop, similar to the way almost all DSiWare is on the 3DS shop and can still be purchased and re-downloaded even though the DSi shop closed. It has quite an extensive catalogue of classic games that would have been nice on Wii U, plus a few WiiWare gems.

As for me personally, I only have a few VC games that I got as freebies, and have them in other forms with exception of Ogre Battle for SNES. I think I have around 20 or so WiiWare, but the only one currently coming to mind that I may want to replay is Fluidity. I'll be sure to have those two downloaded, but I don't know if I'll care if I end up losing the rest of my digital lot.

I guess I'll still try and see if all my digital games will fit on my old 1 GB SD card. This is where the 40MB limit comes in handy, as I know I won't have any single large game hogging space.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »
It's unfortunate that the Wii shop didn't become integrated into the Wii U shop, similar to the way almost all DSiWare is on the 3DS shop and can still be purchased and re-downloaded even though the DSi shop closed. It has quite an extensive catalogue of classic games that would have been nice on Wii U, plus a few WiiWare gems.

Indeed. I would have been content if everything would have came over like some of their VC games where you had to rebuy them at a discount. I don't think any of my NeoGeo VC games went to the WiiU let alone Contra & Castlevania Rebirth. Though with Miiverse ending too it's too little too late now.
Mission...complete?