Author Topic: Metroid Prime Trilogy No Longer Being Distributed  (Read 24003 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy No Longer Being Distributed
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 01:42:46 PM »
No, you won't shoot at little green men, but you will take pictures of them.
And everytime you get a picture of a new alien, it will tell you more about the history of their planet and why you need to be there taking pictures of alien Miis.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2010, 02:19:52 PM »
I don't joke about news.

was that meant to sound adorably cheesey??
If you imagine Maxi's voice to sound like the character Butters from South Park, everything that he says is adorable.

I think stogi and i have been pitching the idea that maxi is in fact butters IRL. besides, i thought you didnt even watch south park..

Maybe they'll reinvent the franchise by calling it "Wii Adventure" where you take your Mii through an alien planet, using the Wii Remote to shoot at little green men.   Naturally, the game will take care of all movement for you.

You mean the way it probably would've turned out if rare didnt suggest the idea of a nunchuk controller?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2010, 02:29:00 PM »
If you're a member of Club Nintendo, be sure to enter in the registration for this game as soon as you can before it is no longer applicable for coins. Other Nintendo games that have been discontinued are not eligible for coins, such as Excite Truck, WarioWare, and Battalion Wars II.
I did  "Intend to Buy" on Club Nintendo for this game but haven't registered it yet.  The site says I need to register it by 8/24/2014--five years after release--to get coins.

Mario Strikers Charge,Battalion Wars 2,Mario and Luigi 3:Bowsers Inside Story are also discontinued.
Fixed sadly.:(

I missed out on the above titles except Mario and Luigi 3:Bowsers Inside Story. I really need to get MPT soon.
I believe Bowser's Inside Story has only been discontinued in Australia.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2010, 03:19:37 PM »
And everytime you get a picture of a new alien, it will tell you more about the history of their planet and why you need to be there taking pictures of alien Miis.

****, that actually sounds like an awesome game.  Not a good replacement for Metroid but it's a cool concept.  But then I find stuff like the scans in Metroid Prime or encountering new creatures in Pikmin to be the best part.  If done well a game where you just explore a strange fantasy world and learn about it would really interest me.  Though Mii-style graphics would kill it for me.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2010, 03:25:16 PM »
Maybe they'll reinvent the franchise by calling it "Wii Adventure" where you take your Mii through an alien planet, using the Wii Remote to shoot at little green men.   Naturally, the game will take care of all movement for you.

But what about all that Samus's background story bullshit they want to throw at us with Other M?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2010, 03:49:43 PM »

****, that actually sounds like an awesome game.  Not a good replacement for Metroid but it's a cool concept.  But then I find stuff like the scans in Metroid Prime or encountering new creatures in Pikmin to be the best part.  If done well a game where you just explore a strange fantasy world and learn about it would really interest me.  Though Mii-style graphics would kill it for me.

I have to agree. To me, exploration is just as fun (and perhaps even more fun) then going around and mindlessly blasting everything that moves. I miss that area from Super Metroid where you had that weird Ostrich thing that teaches you how to hyper jump. It was cool because you were discovering a strange creature that wasn't actually an enemy, and in fact was kinda friendly.

The Metroid series needs more things like that. There should always be enemies of course, but it would be nice if there were more friends as well because Samus is kinda alone out there. And injured and dying space marines don't really cut it.
is your sanity...

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 04:36:05 PM »
Samus had friends in Corruption.  Then she killed them.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
I just don't want them to half-ass the story element.  I mean, either have Samus as a stoic, silent hunter, or make her a real character surrounded by other real characters.  Don't dabble in one game, and then shift gears in another.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2010, 08:46:30 PM »

Yeah, and that was one thing that really bothered me about the game. Those other bounty hunters were cool, and it would have been great to have them reappear in future games, but with them being dead that's not going to happen.
is your sanity...

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 11:21:41 PM »
I did  "Intend to Buy" on Club Nintendo for this game but haven't registered it yet.  The site says I need to register it by 8/24/2014--five years after release--to get coins.
Does that time frame apply to those who didn't do the "Intend to Buy" option? I was just offering a word of caution, that this may be a "better safe than sorry" scenario.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2010, 02:30:23 AM »
iv been eying a copy of the game, my metroid prime 2 was eaten by a dog, but i have 1 and 3....i could buy just 2, but it would be easier and cheaper and better to by trillogy
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 02:33:59 AM »
I got my copy of Cursed Mountain CE, it comes in a similar tin.  It's awesome.

The bonus disc is a combined CD+DVD double sided magick frisbee.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:35:47 AM by Flames_of_chaos »
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »

Endless Ocean says hi. ;)
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:16 AM »

Yeah, and that was one thing that really bothered me about the game. Those other bounty hunters were cool, and it would have been great to have them reappear in future games, but with them being dead that's not going to happen.

That never stopped Ridley.

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
Endless Ocean says hi.

Not a fantasy world.  The concept of similar but I would want it in an alien world.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »
I still have videos to share from last year's BWii wi-fi extravaganza.

I haven't forgotten you.

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
I'm really glad I got this for Christmas. The case is all sorts of sweet.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2010, 06:08:55 PM »
It didn't matter that my friends were going crazy over it, the great reviews, and the warm reception. I thought it sucked. And I avoided Metroid Prime 2 like the dark plague combined with sars, swine flu and AIDS.
I have to say, I'm kind of surprised to hear this from you. Not that you don't like it, but the way you expressed it. Usually you are pretty fair with your opinions on games, so I would expect you to say something more along the lines of "I can see it is a well-made game and understand the appeal, but it just isn't my kind of game."

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
So Nintendo is discontinuing this title because of poor demand? Is that really the case?? I can see in Japan, but in NA and elsewhere the MP franchise is pretty strong. Right?
is your sanity...

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 06:09:09 PM »
Odd request: could SOMEBODY send me some green tokens? I need like 17. I will happily reciprocate. I beat Corruption last night (and, thus, the Trilogy) and just noticed the veritable mountain of green tokens I need to unlock anything worthwhile. My Wii code is in my sig. Please add me, then send me tokens. I'm begging you!
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 06:50:07 PM »
So Nintendo is discontinuing this title because of poor demand? Is that really the case?? I can see in Japan, but in NA and elsewhere the MP franchise is pretty strong. Right?

Not really.  Well, not in the numbers that Nintendo wants.  They seem to really focus on stuff that will sell HUGE nowadays, so a lot of their lesser-selling (but no less beloved) franchises have gone into storage.

Frankly I think that sucks, but hey, whatever keeps Reggie in his Bentley.
Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »

I think the reason MP Trilogy isn't doing well is because outside of the new controls, there's no new content.  The Metroid series has a good sized fanbase that's quite loyal, but the problem is most Metroid fans already own all 3 Prime games already.

If they had added things like new area's and bosses, I'd imagine that would have motivated a lot more Metroid fans to buy this collection since it'd give them a new reason to replay all three games.  But the way it is right now, if someone want to replay Prime 1 over again, they'll just play the Gamecube game since it's pretty much the same game except with different controls.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ian Sane

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 07:54:38 PM »
I think the reason MP Trilogy isn't doing well is because outside of the new controls, there's no new content.  The Metroid series has a good sized fanbase that's quite loyal, but the problem is most Metroid fans already own all 3 Prime games already.

That's a good point.  That's why I don't have it.  Can one really use a re-release to gauge interest?

In this case all three original games are even playable on the Wii.  Even if the Wii was the only console you've ever owned you could have got all three games before the Trilogy set was even announced.  The goal of this should be to attract late adopters to the Metroid Prime franchise.  That audience is limited so it makes sense to make this a limited release.

While we're on this topic what the hell happened to the NPC titles.  I wasn't a big fan of them but Pikmin 2 was supposed to be on the way and it's kind of disappeared.  Of all the NPC titles THAT was the one most worthy of re-release.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 08:11:39 PM »
Agreed--that and Chibi Robo are strange exclusions. I saw DK Jungle Beat the other day and wanted to buy it, but being jobless means I can't blow my money as easily. Never played the GC version, either.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.