Author Topic: Dead Island: Riptide definitive edition and Dead Island:definitive edition  (Read 4063 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
I was thinking about buying these since there is a sale on the Playstation store. But I have this sneaking feeling they are the same game relabeled.  What should I know?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
I only played the first, one and didn't care for it. I think Riptide was similar but less liked. Dying Light is supposed to be the better zombie game

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
I figured out what it was. There was a definitive edition that had it, rip tide, and the retro game togthe, but they separated them into individual games. They use the same trailer for both riptide and regular.

IDK. I actually own the game on Xbox 360, and also had lackluster impressions of it. The concept is good, but I didn't care too much for it.  I just saw a sale and I have low resistance to Playstaton Store sales.

I saw a few other games I'd rather pick up.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Skip them. Dead on the surface had potential but the execution was terrible. Most of the problems revolve around the levelling system and scaling.

As you level up you get access to higher level weapons however the zombies scale so while you have higher damage weapons they have the health to match. The skills were also terrible and were such a small bump and so little utility it might as well not been there. Basically you never feel anymore powerful than when you started.

Borderlands has the same problem where the skills did jack all.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Yeah that sounds horrible. Enemies shouldn't suddenly get harder when you level up. They should only be harder when you play co-op. I can see enemies being intimidating in new zones, but not in a zombie game. A zombie is a zombie.

That's one of my problems with Resident Evil 7. I feel like in real life I would be more capable against the enemies, then again I wouldn't be sneaking around the house to begin with.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Island: Riptide definitive edition and Dead Island:definitive edition
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 01:20:31 AM »
No BPS Bank!