Author Topic: My EA story.  (Read 3156 times)

Offline Szotaku1822

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
My EA story.
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:08:46 AM »
I rushed my Wii U set up and initially created NNID that was my real name only realising this after I had played NFSMWU online. I deleted said NNID and created a new one but upon returning to NFS it wouldn't let me play online saying the Autolog was associated with another account. No matter what I tried (deleting the save or even trying the disc in another Wii U etc) it wouldn't help.

After speaking with EA support it turned out this game does have an online pass but not one you get from a code like other systems, its all automatic and electronically done. First time I asked EA to sort it out they said "no so sorry" which pissed me off to no end. I phoned them a second time to have a go at them (I was seeing red) but luckily got hold of an operator who was extremely helpful and for well over an hour we tried all sorts my end and his to resolve the problem. He was very honest saying there was no precent for this situation and that they don't even have a WiiU category for the game to look at themselves. In the end we had to give up but he told me exactly what he was going to do and send it up the food chain and keep me informed via email.

It turned out what ever was tying that disc to my original account wasn't changing in the Autologs website and that was causing the conflict. EA changed the autolog associated with my old NNID to my new one and all was well.

Dont let EA tell you whats what until everything has been covered. Also try phoning a few times if your not happy with the operator you get!

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
Re: My EA story.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 10:06:08 PM »
So specific games are tied to specific NNIDs? Huh?
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Szotaku1822

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 05:20:40 AM »
From my experience with Need for speed it definitely looks that way. Originally the the EA guy on the phone thought normal online pass codes were involved until he looked haha.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:46:10 PM »
As someone who has in the past worked for customer support in the company I work for, customer service hotlines are hit-and-miss in regards to what level of service you'll get.  Sometimes you can call and get the nastiest person who doesn't care about your problem, and sometimes you'll get someone who sincerely wants to do their job well and help.

It's a miserable job to work in that in a lot of companies is used as an entrypoint for new employees, and most people working those jobs are "doing their time" until they can apply for new positions within the company. 

Sometimes persistence and trying to call a few times to get someone else will work wonders, and it sounds like on your second call you got someone that either cares about helping people, or at least cares enough about their career that they wanted to do a good job for you.

Not that it doesn't already look bleak, but I don't think it's a good sign for future EA titles if they didn't even bother to create a "Wii U" category in their system.