Author Topic: Mafia 76: The Youtuber Takeover: Day 3!  (Read 8775 times)

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
Mafia 76: The Youtuber Takeover: Day 3!
« on: January 17, 2018, 02:33:53 AM »
WHHHHAATTTT"S UP GUT AND GRILLS iTS YA BOI CUMMY I MEAN GUMMY Back

sO i MR khuSH HAS BENN murderED! by the pauls!

he WAS DECTITIVE 1, AND HE FOUND out the iDENTITY OF A PERSON IT SEEMS...
oh and shyguy died to by vote: HE WAS IDUBBZ U MORONS

shy guy wins!
NOW LET'S SEE WHO WILL LOSE!??!?!NANI!?!?!?

Roles:[/font]Jake and Logan Paul: Murderers intent on hanging people.Youtube Police: Detective/s able to research ANY person and get a response catch is, no one knows who a fellow police officer is, in true youtube fashion, they have no idea what they're doing.iDubbz: Jester if he gets VOTED out he wins.48 hour days (or when i feel like it, in true youtube fashion)GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN!  Alive:PokepalStratosPermSteefosaurusLolmanadeNickMitch ( if it is nickmitch)Mop it Up
[/font]

dEAD:[/font]
kHUSH sHYGUY(WINNIR) STEVey[/font]
Made you look ****.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 76: The Youtuber Takeover: Day 3!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 02:46:44 AM »
So this is the postgame thread right? sweet.

First off The_Perm should be deeply ashamed of themselves for breaking the tie and costing us the game.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 02:47:52 AM »
You know none of this would have happened if we were playing this offline.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:14 AM »
Online tiebreak.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:46 AM »
Online Shyguy win.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:53 AM »
like like should for cajoling me.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 02:49:42 AM »
Online Detective death.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 02:49:54 AM »
So who was your Mafia mate Pokepal?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 02:50:35 AM »
It was Steefasaurous as you said.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 02:53:11 AM »
So Khush got sick of being a backstabbing mafia doctor and decided to be a jester-detective instead. Seems fitting.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 02:54:29 AM »
Also, I had a secret role as a nihilist. I gave it to myself. I figured given recent games whatever I did I would be out by day 3.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 02:59:45 AM »
Yay me! I figured as much but there was a chance I was wrong and Stratos or lolmonade may have been the other member.

I had a feeling I'd be targeted by the Mafia so I wondered if posting the identities of the Mafia would scare them off since my role as detective would probably draw a lot of suspicion on you both so it might be wiser to target someone else while denying my claim but, of course, you don't know I'm the detective so you can't factor that part in your decision.

Nice quick game. I was ready for it to end once I knew everyone's role and I feel I probably owed ShyGuy a victory or two from past games when I've misled him to a victory of my own. ThePerm changing his vote was an unexpected advantage in doing that. I thought we might have a tie. ShyGuy did message me that he was interested in trying to win with everyone else if possible and to extend the game but I got the message to late to change my vote. So just accept your damn victory and enjoy it ShyGuy! ;) :)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 03:01:56 AM »
So Khush got sick of being a backstabbing mafia doctor and decided to be a jester-detective instead. Seems fitting.

The correct term is backstabbing townie detective. Jester just happened to appeal to me first. Should have worked with me instead of trying to kill me.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 03:24:25 AM »
This was an interesting ruleset though. If lucario is up to it I'd like to give it another go.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 03:30:34 AM »
Yay me! I figured as much but there was a chance I was wrong and Stratos or lolmonade may have been the other member.

I had a feeling I'd be targeted by the Mafia so I wondered if posting the identities of the Mafia would scare them off since my role as detective would probably draw a lot of suspicion on you both so it might be wiser to target someone else while denying my claim but, of course, you don't know I'm the detective so you can't factor that part in your decision.
I was planning to in that circumstance point out that you basically were trying to fake yourself as the jester role and then claim that myself and steef were just random names you threw out to try and get some votes against you and then claim that if either of us were mafia than why would we take you out and risk exposing ourselves like that.

It's a risky play but we both believed you actually were the jester so that's how that went.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 03:30:54 AM »
we where going to continue playing but pokepal legit actually ruined it
Made you look ****.

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 03:32:14 AM »
wanker
Made you look ****.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 03:45:43 AM »
Brief game synopsis from me.

Got a pm from Lucario stating I'm the 1st detective. Never like that responsibility since I'm always a high profile target. There are other good players, people!!! It's because of that fact that I decided to throw a vote out on Mop it up. I'be found in games long past that if I feel bad voting for a friend or favorite player early and target someone else that I often ended up losing or got eliminated by that player. So, I forced myself to play ruthless again for this game. Since I felt bad and mean about it, it clicked in my head to throw out the excuse of role playing as YouTube Comments which wasn't my original plan but I liked because of some gags I instantly realized I could do in role playing that way.

Looking over the list, I figured if anyone was most likely to target me Day 1 for a hit then it would be Pokepal148 so I sent in an investigation on him. Other than that, I didn't care much about Day 1 aside from fooling around a bit in the Day thread.

At the start of Day 2, I got the result of my investigation. Pokepal is confirmed Mafia. I also survived and learned Stevey was the other detective. Too bad. I'd have liked to team up with Stevey as my rookie detective partner while I the brainy genius detective infuriated him with my eccentric ways and brilliant deductions. You know, the Watson to my Holmes.

From this, I decided to quickly form a townie collective since I'd probably still be a high profile target. Based on the Day 1 vote, I was willing to take the chance ShyGuy and Mop it up were most likely not Mafia members. Can you figure out why? I contacted them to let them know who I was and who Pokepal was.

ShyGuy started leading in the Day 2 vote and for some reason, he sent me a pm stating that he'd win if voted out. This was surprising to me because I can't think of any other game where he has willing told me his role out of the blue. Even when we've been on the same side, it was like pulling teeth to get him to divulge his role in a game. I suppose since he could win either with townies or on his own it didn't matter too much but, in my mind, it presented an opportunity to end the game sooner especially if I might not be around for the victory :evil; but also if I could figure out who both Mafia members were then it would pretty much be a done game anyways with just the formality of playing out a couple days to vote out each member. As such, I didn't mind tossing a vote ShyGuy's way as my death revenge strategy.

I suppose I got to zealous and played my hand early by voting for Steefosaurus right away on Day 2 but now that I had a bunch of information coming in, I just wanted to get down to business and solve the game as fast as I could before I died. Now, when a player like the detective learns the identity of a Mafia player, a lot of times they try to target that player or entrust someone else to target them and eliminate them right away. I don't like to do that. I like to play the spy game and surveil them. Since they don't realize they've been made and their cover blown, Mafia members can give you valuable information if they think they are being tricky and playing you or misleading others. The result from that was that as Day 2 shifted and changed from other players votes and participation, I was highly sure that Nickmitch and ThePerm were both clean and townies. I decided to investigate Stratos in case I was wrong about Steefosaurus and he seemed the next most likely. I was in a Mafia with lolmonade back in Spak-Spang's Godzilla Mafia and I just didn't think his behavior was similar to that game so he seemed more likely to be townie but I had no other evidence to know for sure.

Something about the way the day was playing out despite my awful postings seemingly getting no reaction and my earlier vote non-vote in Steef just had me feeling pretty sure I was going to be targeted especially with Pokepal already getting so much attention so the Mafia needed its remaining member to avoid being targeted. I decided to role the die and hope I was right about my claim of who the Mafia was so that I'd have at least done my job as townie detective by pointing the way if killed and voted for ShyGuy as a back-up way to lead the Mafia to ruin.

Sent a message to ShyGuy asking if he wanted to change votes and we both vote and take out Pokepal that day but went out to see a late night film and got back to find it was Game Over now and ShyGuy triumphant.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:36 AM »
I think we'd all rather start fresh with the same rules than to play for second place.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 03:56:53 AM »

Oh, that's what you meant by "now let's see who will lose". I thought it just meant you were going to list all the losing players which was everyone but ShyGuy. You gotta be more clear with your postings.

Now that the game is over, there's something I want to point out to you. You said Pokepal "The Wanker" posted his vote for Mop it up after the deadline but he didn't. First, he doesn't have mod powers to post in a locked thread after you've locked it at the deadline. Second, you made a post saying there was half an hour left in the day and the Pokepal made his vote 5 minutes after. Look at the timestamps of the posts. That means there was still 25 minutes left in the day thus making it a legit vote meaning Mop it up should have been eliminated. As it was, Mop it up living was basically a non-factor thanks to her throw away vote for Stevey on Day 2. Having played Lucario games before, I know that Lucario's word is law so no point fighting the point. Just roll with the punches. But I do want to bring it up now because I'm not sure if he ever understood what happened and why players thought Mop it up should have been dead.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 08:52:08 AM »
vote Pokepal148?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »
Truthfully, I really wanted to get into this game once I realized my last point of Youtube reference was my bud Tay Zonday, but I just couldn't find the time.

Hope we can revisit, I was eager to come up with some fun daily chocolate rain parodies using the day events.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 11:46:41 AM »
I'd like to thank my fans, my patrons, my likes and subscribers. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook. And Instagram, and Pinterest, and Linked In...

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
Wowzers that was fast, haha nicely played guys! Particularly Khush & congratulations to ShyGuy!!

We kinda figured Khush was too obvious about being the jester, but figured to take the safe route and not vote for him. Little did I know I actually helped ShyGuy win haha! Beyond that we didn't have a grand masterplan yet, though that's mostly because I had been AFK for the first few days, whoops.

EDIT: also think this one could go for a second attempt soonish, if not immediately? Gotta sustain dat momentum yo!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:57:01 PM by Steefosaurus »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 03:27:43 PM »
At least I got to piss Lucario off by trying to investigate people when I was detective 2.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
For some reason I thought that the game was going to start on Monday. After I saw the result of the first day thread, I wondered if it would be fair of me to still play.

Mop it up should have been dead.
Boy do I get that thought a lot!

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 07:29:14 PM »
I just googled iDubbbz. He seems like a horrible person. Please enjoy superior entertainment from Red Letter Media* with their celebration of this special month!

*please excuse the foul language

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 02:26:12 AM »

Offline Wah

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 02:51:24 AM »
iDubbz legit has his head screwed on a bit vulgar but a truthfull person, anyways we want to start again?
Made you look ****.