Author Topic: mobile gaming?  (Read 5572 times)

mobile gaming?
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:28:38 AM »
I see there is a forum for Nintendo handheld gaming, and General gaming, but didn't see one for mobile gaming. Is there a thread or sub forum for that or is this the place? I know there are gaming snobs who look down on mobile gaming but it has its place I think.

I would like to start a thread for people to discover good mobile games, I have an iPhone 3GS that I recently disconnected from service and will be turning into an iPod touch so to speak and would love to use it for gaming. I also have a Lumia 435 that has Windwos 8.1 (should get 10 soon as its available) and am interested in mobile games for either platform.

If anyone has suggestions, recommendations, games to avoid, things of that sort, would be most helpful.

Currently I have 1 game on iPhone, its Sonic 4 episode 1 and I had a few games on my ipad before the school took it away from me, but I honestly never considered mobile gaming until I realized I now had a spare device I could use.
You can call me Mikey if my username is too long.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,
I own Wii U, PS4, PS3, and PC.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: mobile gaming?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:18:29 AM »
General Gaming is for discussion of gaming on platforms other than Nintendo's, so you put this in the right place.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:32:01 AM »
Admittedly I gave up on phone gaming years ago based on my experiences. I played lemonade tycoon a lot, and obviously angry bird & words with friends, but i'd be interested to see others experiences & recommendations.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 04:42:50 PM »
I have never played a mobile game I could recommend in good faith.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 09:41:41 PM »
I liked Oceanhorn, but at the same time that might as well been a 3DS game as I used a controller for it.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 12:10:52 AM »
I usually browse the web on my phone or read a kindle book vs playing a game.

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 07:17:35 PM »
I knew that the general consensus around here was anti mobile, makes since 3DS and all that, but I was just curious if there were any decent games on Windows Phone or iOS that I could look into. Just trying to get some extra usage out of these two devices.
My favorite games are: Minecraft, Star Wars, Mario, DK, Zelda, Ninja Turtles, and Call of Duty,

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 10:15:30 PM »
I can only talk about games that i played elsewhere and i know they have mobile versions:

The Room -- cool looking puzzle game. There are three of them already, i only played first because it's the only one on PC.
Ace Attorney Trilogy and Ace Attorney 6 -- are on mobile and are easy recommendations, unless you're some kind of purist. I think first chapters are free to play on these versions and then you buy the rest of them.
Super Hexagon is on mobile -- arcade style game when you have to avoid walls by rotating a little triangle around. Check free flash version to see if you're up for it
Jelly no Puzzle has android version. The best designed and hardest puzzle game i played. Again, you can check out free PC or web version to check if you're up for it.
Super Crate Box is on PC and iOS. Again, it's freeware on PC (even has Steam version).
Desktop Dungeons -- brilliantly designed "rougelike" game (comes from way, WAY before that term got stained by flood of too similar games) has iOS and Android versions as well.

There are few more i am forgetting -- particularly one flash game where you control a knight that can only go left or right...
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »
I keep up with this NeoGAF topic on good iOS games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921676

It has a lot of titles that I need to buy App Store card things for.

Offline nuralam

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 06:17:43 AM »
I browse the web on my phone and i play mobile game as like as Oceanhorn , 3DS. I love lot of playing mobile game.

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 11:48:58 AM »
I keep up with this NeoGAF topic on good iOS games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921676

It has a lot of titles that I need to buy App Store card things for.

Thank you for that mister Phil, I found that thread most helpful.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2015, 01:21:26 AM »
I browse the web on my phone and i play mobile game as like as Oceanhorn , 3DS. I love lot of playing mobile game.

I need to get back to Oceanhorn! The problem with these inexpensive mobile games is that my backlog grows even more! Can't complain about having too many games to play, as that's a problem I don't mind! :)

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 01:50:18 PM »

I need to get back to Oceanhorn! The problem with these inexpensive mobile games is that my backlog grows even more! Can't complain about having too many games to play, as that's a problem I don't mind! :)

I would say join the club man, but from what I can tell I think it is safe to say we are all in the same boat.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 10:53:38 AM »
I've been out of the mobile gaming scene for a long time now, but over the past week or so I've been completely hooked on a game called Star Trek: Wrath of Gems. It's basically a straight aping of the Puzzle Quest formula, which I've been a fan of for a long time, with a Star Trek skin on top of it. It is free to play with microtransactions, but so far it feels balanced well enough to play it without spending real money.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent