Author Topic: Standalone Switch Dock Coming Soon  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Bizcuthammer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Standalone Switch Dock Coming Soon
« on: April 12, 2017, 12:42:00 PM »

Giving Switch owners options

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44471/standalone-switch-dock-coming-soon

Nintendo finally announced when Switch owners can get their hands on a standalone dock in today's Nintendo Direct. The dock will be available in limited quantities beginning on May 19 in North America. Dates for other regions were not specified.

The Nintendo Switch Dock Set can be purchased at a price of $89.99 MSRP, and includes a Nintendo Switch Dock, AC adapter, and an HDMI cable. The extra dock will provide Switch owners with an option to use their new consoles on multiple TVs in their house without the need to unplug the initial dock that came with the system whenever they want to change setups.

It's currently unknown exactly what Nintendo means when they say it'll be available in "limited quantities," but if past hardware releases are any indication, fans will want to pre-order or line up early on May 19 if they want to ensure they can get their hands on one!

For more news on the Dock Set, today's Nintendo Direct, and all things Nintendo Switch, be sure to stay tuned to Nintendo World Report.

Offline Justin Nation

• Programmer, Senior Editor, Daddy
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • MAMEiac Gaming
Re: Standalone Switch Dock Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 07:45:39 PM »
Or you can do what I did, deciding that since I wanted an extra dock and I wanted at least one other JoyCon for when 4-player games arrive it is more cost effective to just get a second Switch!  :cool;
Justin Nation
Resident Dinosaur, Occasional Contributor, Daddy
MAMEiac Gaming
Administrator, The Nintendo Switch Fan Community (Facebook Group)
"People are stupid"

Offline Bizcuthammer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 07:50:53 PM »
Or you can do what I did, deciding that since I wanted an extra dock and I wanted at least one other JoyCon for when 4-player games arrive it is more cost effective to just get a second Switch!  :cool;

That's the route I'm going to go eventually, although I don't need another dock. I'm hoping they do the opposite of this deal and release a standalone Switch without the dock!

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »
I'm hoping that if Nintendo does iterations of the Switch every 2-3 years, the dock will stay compatible between at least a couple generations.  That would give us a spare dock or two over time.  Otherwise, the best option would be cheap third party docks if Nintendo didn't do anything too obnoxious with the chipset.