Author Topic: Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training Revealed For Japan  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training Revealed For Japan
« on: September 30, 2019, 01:33:33 AM »

We can expect a North American release next year, and a European one in 2025.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/51834/brain-age-nintendo-switch-training-revealed-for-japan

Brain Age is coming back.

The "training" game has been announced for Switch, with the Japanese release date given as December 27. Western release dates have not yet been announced.

Brain Age Switch is only playable in a sideways orientation, so it can only be played in handheld mode and a few exercises will not work with the Switch Lite. The IR camera of the Joy-Con is used for reading hand motions in certain exercises. The new Brain Age will also use the alarm function of the Switch to set training times, and has online support for email summaries and worldwide tournaments for two-player games.

In addition to the game, a branded stylus will also be available on 27 December in Japan. Brain Age's Japanese MSRP is 3480 yen, while the stylus will be 980 yen.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ForgottenPearl

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Brain Age: Nintendo Switch Training Revealed For Japan
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 03:07:54 PM »
Nintendo's pretty quick to shaft Nintendo Switch Lite users, it seems. Interesting since it's supposed to appeal to a more casual audience, much like the Brain Age games.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 06:07:22 PM »
Nintendo's pretty quick to shaft Nintendo Switch Lite users, it seems. Interesting since it's supposed to appeal to a more casual audience, much like the Brain Age games.

Yeah, I would think that so soon after launching the Switch Lite that they would make a conscious effort to not release titles that don't work fully with it.  Like if some earlier titles don't work, so be it, but anything after this point should be specifically designed to work on both models.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »
I don't see the Switch Lite as an exclusively casual system because I think that when you segment players like that you get into the mindset of "these types of games are for this system" and " these types of players will only like these types of games" and that kind of thinking isn't very helpful or productive for building up a fanbase.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.