Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Oracle of Ages/Season question

(1/1)

TheXenocide:
So this is my first time through these games and my question is this (spoiler ahead for anyone else on their first time through)

To get the Princess Zelda bit at the end of the game, do you have to start a game linked with the password or can you put it in on a "beaten" file and go to it.
Basically, I'm playing ages first. Once I beat it and get the password, do I need to put that password into seasons immediately before I play through it?
Yes I know there's no reason I shouldn't do that, but I'd kind of like to beat both games before doing a link, unavoidable pun not intended, cause that's just how I roll.

Also, am I just given that password post credits or do I seek it out?

UncleBob:
If you want the linked ending, you must start the second game with the password from the first.  You cannot enter it into a save file on the second game later.

A linked game actually has a slightly different story (some characters recognize you, etc.) and it wouldn't work if you didn't start the game linked.

Ceric:
Does it matter which game you link too?

UncleBob:
I;m not 100% sure what you mean by this question.  The linked password can only be used in the opposite game.  There's no real advantage to starting one game first, then linking to the other, except that I *think* there's a single ring that you can only get by doing Ages > Seasons, and one that you can only get by doing Seasons > Ages.  I might be wrong, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version