Author Topic: Wave  (Read 4674 times)

Offline slick8732002

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Wave
« on: February 22, 2003, 02:52:06 PM »
 I heard about a month ago that nintendo would change the operating frequency of the wavebird from 900mhz to 2.4ghz.  
Are these new more powerful wavebirds out yet??

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2003, 04:24:26 PM »
I guess, all it is a minor change probably a they found a cheapway to make them so they are just started selling them in the fray.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline penguincube

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 05:27:50 PM »
I didn't hear about this, but WaveBirds are amazing already.  Today I was playing OoT in my room, and I went to the dining room, pressed pause, went back to my room, and the game was paused.

...That never gets old.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 09:41:50 AM »
Actually thats bad. A higher frequency won't travel through obsticles as well.
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

-Mario (Just found it interesting...)

The Gaming Donkey has returned.

Offline AManatee

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 09:43:11 AM »
Man, mine is like... perfect. I hope what Gamer Donkey said isnt true.
"Gimme gimme gimme. I need, I need."

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 09:52:13 AM »
Sorry,

900 MHz vs. 2.4 GHz phones
Caldwell in Nashville has two different wireless phones at home, one that works at 2.4 GHz and another that works at 900 MHz. Why does the 900-MHz phone sound better?

Wireless phones are equipped with one of several types of transmission technologies, including 900-MHz analog, 900-MHz digital, 900-MHz DSS, 2.4-GHz DSS, 2.4-GHz/900-MHz DSS send/receive, and 2.4-GHz digital. In a barren field, a 2.4-GHz phone will perform better than a 900-MHz phone.

However, you live in a house with walls and appliances. When you play loud music, notice that the bass and other low instruments -- the low frequencies -- are what you can hear the best. In some instances, a 900-MHz phone may be better in a house.

Many devices (such as microwave ovens) operate in the 2.4-GHz range. These devices could be interfering with your 2.4-GHz phone. Try placing the base in a different location.

Thats from The Screen Savers.  
"Heh, i just saw a petition somewhere for Halo to come to PS2. Hey look a green donkey!"

Offline Taco

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2003, 10:17:14 AM »
Ok so that tells you not to play your cube while making popcorn, problem solved.

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2003, 12:24:58 PM »
I'm not sure you got my point.

Offline MarioFoxZelda

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2003, 12:26:43 PM »
Not out yet.
what

Offline Scyth3r

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2003, 12:41:30 PM »

Originally posted by: Gamer Donkey
I'm not sure you got my point.

Gping to 2.4ghz would not be so bad for the GC and could possibly be even better.

It is true that higher frequencies don't travel as well through objects but its not like you're going to be playing your GC through walls or anything.

When playing, you have direct line of sight and nothing will be blocking you.. well maybe a table or a stupid friend, but those would not really make a difference.

I hope they offer both a 900mhz and 2.4ghz version so it would allow the gamer to choose whichever suits their needs better (meaning they could avoid interference from other objects using the same frequencies)

Offline Gamer Donkey

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2003, 12:55:31 PM »
You're right, but anyway it would take one heck of a TV to play from 100 feet away. I think it boils down to the novelty of it all. It probably falls under the not-quite-bad not-quite-good class.

Offline Huddlebum

• View Profile
Wave Bird
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2003, 01:06:26 PM »
I have a friend whose cordless phone cuts out whenever someone uses the microwave.  It's mildly humorous, but mostly annoying.  But I think it's just because he has a really old microwave.