Author Topic: Gettin' Cube...finally!  (Read 208349 times)

Offline Munky

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« on: February 21, 2003, 02:09:02 AM »
For the longest time I have been bashing the Cube. Well, I finally realize that the Cube is a good system, and I'm picking one up tonight! I'm thinking of gettin' Metroid Prime as my free game, picking up the wavebird, and gettin' a memory card. I'm hopin' they have the Platinum Cube in, so it matches my GBA, but if not, I'm gettin' the black one so it fits in with my Xbox.

I'm also thinking of gettin' a 2nd game, which I'm thinking will be Madden 2003, since I'm a huge football fan (GO RAIDERS!). Any suggestions on some other good games? I'm going next weekend to rent some games to try before I buy.        
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline o0O MeaN O0o

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 04:24:16 AM »
Well, you can buy yor Cube, get Metroid Prime, pre-order Zelda:WW and get Zelda: Oot/Master Quest for free which means that for $ 164.99 you can walk out of there with your brand new shiny Cube and 3 games (and some demo videos ) and still have 1 more game to pick up next month with $ 34.99 more.

I should work at EB or one of those places... LOL...

That's a sweet deal if you ask me.
Signature:
(max 255 characters)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2003, 04:25:33 AM »
what made you change your mind? if i may ask
also, what gave you the idea that the cube was horrible in the first place?

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2003, 04:46:12 AM »
Thanks for the ideas o0O MeaN O0o. I may just do that, mainly since I have the new Zelda for the GBA, so I'm startin' to like Zelda again after all these years.

PIAC, I got caught up that Nintendo was for kids and there were no good games on it. Now I see that the whole time that info was incorrect. Not to mention I had a fun time playin' Cube over at my cousin's house. He had some Star Wars games, and I stayed there for a good 6 hours and play them all. That's mainly when I knew Cube wasn't a bad console.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2003, 05:05:40 AM »
well if you like Starwars, get Rogue Leader

2nd best GCN game after Metroid Prime is Eternal Darkness, really awesome fascinating game
also very good are Resident Evil, Super Smash Brothers, Super Mario Sunshine and some others

but the best is still to come, 2003 is an incredible year for the GCN, and I mean, INCREDIBLE
LZ 2005

Offline ink

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2003, 05:23:02 AM »
I just got mine last week (I also have a PS2).  I really like Metroid a LOT; I'm about 50% done with the game now.  I bought mine for Wind Waker, but Metroid has turned out to be worth the purchase right there.  I really like my Nyko Airflo controller; the grips are awesome and the dpad is much better than Nintendo's (but the shoulder buttons aren't as good).

Anyway, enjoy!
The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2003, 08:41:35 AM »
I also have to suggest Eternal Darkness its VERY good

Offline egman

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2003, 08:48:39 AM »
Your fortunate Munky as it just seems to be a good time to get the Cube. Besides the free game deal, Best Buy and others have marked down prices on some good games. ED was already mentioned. I bought Beach Spikers a few days ago for 10 dollars and I'm kicking myself for not getting it sooner--it's worth way more than its marked down price.

Players Choice is also returning. It's not priced as competively as Sony's and Microsoft's budget line, but for 30 dollars the games on the list are a steal anyway!  

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2003, 09:18:04 AM »
Speaking of Wind Waker, any chance some stores will still be taking preorders? If so, any chance I can still get the OoT disc?

ChaoticMunky.com

Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 09:21:57 AM »
yeah, u can get the bonus disc any time between now and march 16.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 09:22:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Dethroned Emperor
yeah, u can get the bonus disc any time between now and march 16.

Awesome. Looks like I might get one tonight when I get my Cube.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Tsunekazu

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 09:23:37 AM »
Rogue Leader is only $20 at Best Buy, or at least the one by me.

Look around, I'm sure you can find the disc somewhere.  If not, hop online and grab it at EBGames.

Offline CrYpTiC

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 09:24:25 AM »
Get NFL2K3 instead of Madden. Madden controls are horrible I never have liked them. Even thought the computer cheats in NFL2k3 (I'm winning 35-14 super bowl game I fumble the ball 3 times and throw an interception in 3 minutes lose 42-35) It is still a great game. The create a team mode is cool too. Get a platinum GC I wish they had it when I got mine. The black is cool but cmon...Platinum baby!
Best Browser Available
http://www.mozilla.org
Download Phoenix today!
Screw IE!

Offline telaris

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 10:17:18 AM »
Gah, all this talk about the Zelda Master Quest...  now i gotta go play it

Offline demonix69

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 10:33:15 AM »
definitely pick up Eternal Darkness. it's a deep, lengthy game that provides hours of gameplay for any skilled gamer.

Offline sahdff

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2003, 10:37:28 AM »
After hearing about the new free game deal for GC, I went down to my local EB games to pick up a platinum cube and a copy of Metroid Prime.  The guy at EB told me that Nintendo would be coming out with some more deals next month.  After much debate (about 75.534 seconds) I decided to wait on getting the cube. (doh!!)

Has anybody else heard any rumors of other Nintendo offers in the coming months.  Or was this guy yankin' my chain?  I have OoT disc and am itching to play it.  Any info is appreciated.  

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2003, 10:38:57 AM »
CrYpTiC, I already have NFL 2k3 for Xbox, and you're right, it's a great game. But I've also played Madden 2003 for Xbox and Cube (over at my cousin's house), and I like Madden better. And I'm hopin' to get Platinum. Depends if they have it in stock or not. If they don't, I'll get the black one.

demonix69, ED is going to be my first rental next week.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2003, 11:21:44 AM »
Munky I kinda suggest your sports games on Xbox cause they kill alot of space on Cube memory cards and SEGA discontinued their sports line on GC unfortunately, anyways enjoy your Cube and I guess welcome to the forums. If Cube can satisfy other console fanboys it should satisfy anyone into videogames unless their stubborn and immature with their "kiddie cube arguments". Try out some exclusive Gc content their usually good, if your into RPGs a good one is Skies of Arcadia if you like a hack and slash RPG similar to Diablo 2 try Phantasy Star online (BTW dont get XBOX version if you wana play online Xbox live charge plus 8.99 per month). Cubes only has 8.99 a month.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2003, 11:31:37 AM »

Originally posted by: Lord_die_seis
Munky I kinda suggest your sports games on Xbox cause they kill alot of space on Cube memory cards and SEGA discontinued their sports line on GC unfortunately, anyways enjoy your Cube and I guess welcome to the forums. If Cube can satisfy other console fanboys it should satisfy anyone into videogames unless their stubborn and immature with their "kiddie cube arguments". Try out some exclusive Gc content their usually good, if your into RPGs a good one is Skies of Arcadia if you like a hack and slash RPG similar to Diablo 2 try Phantasy Star online (BTW dont get XBOX version if you wana play online Xbox live charge plus 8.99 per month). Cubes only has 8.99 a month.

I'll get some sports games on Xbox, and some on Cube. Oh, and about PSO, there's actually no Xbox Live charge. It's just $50 for the kit so far. Until Microsoft announces the charging info.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline babble

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2003, 11:37:35 AM »
Get Metroid and do get Ethernal Darkness (get it used at EB or something, there's lot's of copies everywhere). Best FPS on the Cube is TimeSplitters 2. But you probably played it on the XBox already.
All consoles are great, but not all games.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2003, 11:39:46 AM »

Originally posted by: babble
Get Metroid and do get Ethernal Darkness (get it used at EB or something, there's lot's of copies everywhere). Best FPS on the Cube is TimeSplitters 2. But you probably played it on the XBox already.

Amazingly, I haven't played TimeSplitters 2 yet. I may have to go rent it. And I do plan on Metroid Prime. That's a given now. But ED will still be a rental. I'll know by next week if I like it or not.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline adamhap

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2003, 11:47:20 AM »

I'll get some sports games on Xbox, and some on Cube. Oh, and about PSO, there's actually no Xbox Live charge. It's just $50 for the kit so far. Until Microsoft announces the charging info.

Heard from a little birdie that it is very likely 10 dollars a month or 100 a year for  Xbox live.

Adam
Mature people don't care about (in)mature games

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2003, 12:57:50 PM »
Eternal Darkness on some bestbuy locations costs 20

Offline Munky

• View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2003, 01:45:20 PM »

Originally posted by: adamhap
Heard from a little birdie that it is very likely 10 dollars a month or 100 a year for  Xbox live.

Adam

Last I checked, it'd be $50 a year. And I don't think there will be a monthly fee, unless you opt to pay that way.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
Gettin' Cube...finally!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2003, 02:41:51 PM »
I think the 50 was intentional for the remainder of the year and a few months maybe a new policy might go in effect.