Author Topic: Thinking about getting a GC  (Read 5024 times)

Offline tahnok100

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Thinking about getting a GC
« on: February 19, 2003, 12:24:39 PM »
I have an Xbox and a GBA and am thinking about getting a GC, mainly for metroid prime . Problem is that money is very tight for me. Other than metroid, what is there? Are there any ways to cut corners with prices? At gamestop the GC used is only $20 off of new! Are there any other places to get it cheap. Can you give me some good resons to put my money into one of these? Thanks for the help!

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 12:26:03 PM »
Nobody is going to tell you why you should get one.  If you want it cheap try ebay.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 12:32:00 PM »
Check your local newspapers. The classifieds/trading post section, that's a good way to pick up a cheap CG.
As for games, well, I don't know what you're into, but you seem to like Metroid, therefore, I recommend some of the more 'gritty' games on GameCube; Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Eternal Darkness....

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 01:11:11 PM »
You should check out this thread.

Getting a used GC wouldn't be worth it because you don't get the free game. The best deal would be the Mario Bundle with a free Metroid Prime.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 01:21:36 PM »
Mario bundle doesnt include the free game offer just a GC purchase.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline tahnok100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 01:50:13 PM »

Originally posted by: Mingesium
You should check out this thread.

Getting a used GC wouldn't be worth it because you don't get the free game. The best deal would be the Mario Bundle with a free Metroid Prime.

Mario bundle? The only deal I have seen is a free metroid prime OR a different game. Or is that what you are talking about? Still, I VERY good point! I never thought about that.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 01:55:20 PM »
The Mario bundle is an offer Nintendo bought out late last year during the release of Mario Sunshine. You got a purple GameCube (only purple ;_; ) with Mario Sunshine and a memory card 59 for a bit more than a standard GameCube.

It would seem if you can still find a Mario bundle, you can also get the free Metroid, Re0 and so on.  

Offline GoldShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 02:26:52 PM »
No, you don't.  I don't remember where, but I read somewhere that you don't.  That'd be dumb on Nintendo's part.  Basically, they lowered the price on the Mario bundle to $159.99 so that you're pretty much getting Super Mario Sunshine *as* your free game (along with a guide and memory card), and that's why SMS isn't on the list along with the other free games with a GC.

Offline David G

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 03:01:05 PM »
SMS bundle is a seperate promotion.  The free game is the newest promo.  IMO its a better deal, you get to pick your game and for a few bucks more you can buy a memory card.

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 03:37:48 PM »
some stores allow the free game promotion with the Mario bundle. Just ask if it works.

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2003, 03:48:42 PM »
Go to best buy and buy a gamecube with metroid prime, and you get NBA street. Also if you want another reason? Eternal Darkness is very good and its cheap right now.

Offline Mike-OPN2000

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 04:13:50 PM »
Yea, I say go get one.  The free game deal is to good to pass up.  Also, pick up Eternal Darkness, it will be the best game you have ever bought for $20.  Its one of my favorites of all time, and I paid $50 for it.  With Zelda coming out soon, its a great time to buy a Cube.

Offline Moonwatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 04:26:49 PM »
I was at BestBuy today and they had an offer I've seen noplace else.  You could get TWO free games with the purchace of a gamecube.  You could choose from the already anounced 4.  I'm pretty sure that I wasn't hallucinating either.
"Anything that, in happening, cuases itself to happen again, happens again.

It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though."

Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless