Author Topic: DigiPen Comes to Wisconsin  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
DigiPen Comes to Wisconsin
« on: November 24, 2003, 07:38:01 AM »
Students at the University of Wisconsin can take a mini-course in game development from Nintendo-affiliated DigiPen Institute of Technology.

DigiPen is the stuff of dreams for many Nintendo fans.  Located just down the street from Nintendo of America in Redmond, Washington, Digipen Institute of Technology was the first and is still the best school for game development.  A large percentage of its graduates are hired directly into the nearby studios of Nintendo Software Technology, where Wave Race: Blue Storm and 1080: Avalanche were developed.

Of course, we can't all go to DigiPen, but now students in Wisconsin will have a chance to taste the experience for themselves.  DigiPen is holding a special two-week course over the winter break at University of Wisconsin - Parkside.  It's open to all students of the university, but space is limited.  See the attached flyer for more information.  The University of Wisconsin Parkside is located south of Milwaukee and north of Chicago, so readers in those areas are encouraged to look into the viability of attending this program.

If you are interested in signing up for this course, contact Jean Goers at 262-595-2018 or by emailing her at goers@uwp.edu.  

DigiPen Flyer

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Zero

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:DigiPen Comes to Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 01:05:23 PM »
Whoa!!  I am really interested in this considering I am a junior studying Software Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.   I would love to take this course.  If anybody has more information, send it to me please

Offline Fluke Worm

• the sYmbiotic parasite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 07:22:57 PM »
UOOOOO my home state.
FLUKE_;_;_;_\i/_;_
|%%%~w~o~r~m~

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: DigiPen Comes to Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 08:18:36 PM »
I live not too far from Parkside. (Relively Speaking.) ANd I wish I had my credit strightened so I could go back to college.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Zero

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 09:59:30 AM »
If anyone was interested - I am gonna be taking this class.  I'm all signed up and registered.  Hopfully its going to be a good learning experience for me.