Author Topic: Episode 45: You Are Dead  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
Episode 45: You Are Dead
« on: March 22, 2011, 09:33:12 AM »

Down two, but not out; the Newscast adopts Karl for a discussion of survival horror.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newscast/25781

The Newscast crew is down by half, so Karl Casteneda jumps in this week alongside Andy and Zach to discuss the 15th anniversary of Resident Evil. The trio runs down their favorite survival horror games, and where the genre has come in the past 15 years. We cap the show off by reading off some listener mail.

Sorry for the late episode this week.  Sometimes, real life intervenes. Another new episode will be coming this weekend!

This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 45: You Are Dead
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 01:33:25 PM »
Is it weird favorite street fighter games are puzzle fighter?  Plus I love how street fighter more less inspired NeoGeo which I love.

Nice discussion.  Why the lack of Eternal Darkness love?

Offline NWR_Karl

• Red Velvet
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »
I don't hate Eternal Darkness - I was just really late to the party, and it plays a lot slower than I'd prefer. Nothing against it - it's just not my thing.
----
Karl Castaneda
Associated Raconteur

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:45:18 PM »
Yeah, I like the game, but it plays its hand way too fast. After the first few sanity effects, it's old hat. The game is never really scary, but it's got a great story and the whole thing is a giant nod to the Cthulhu Mythos. So in that way, I love it, but it's nowhere near my favorite horror games.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.