Author Topic: 3DS scratches  (Read 2602 times)

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
3DS scratches
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:44:30 AM »
I too am starting to fall prey to the epidemic of the raised touchscreen induced scratches. I've considered buying my first ever handheld protection kit with a screen protector to combat this but an employee (manager?) at a local EB Games doesn't think that it would fix the problem as the "scratches" are mostly caused by pressure between the two halves of the console.

Are these going to get a lot worse? Should a screen protector help me out? Any other suggestions?

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: 3DS scratches
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:42:49 AM »
My suggestion?  Get a Terry Cloth and place it between your screens when you close the system.  I have this problem and doing this has completely solved it. 

I would still get a protector for the lower screen to prevent any scratches from over-enthusiastic stylus scratching.

Offline MisterE13

• Student of the NWR Forums
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »
I would still get a protector for the lower screen to prevent any scratches from over-enthusiastic stylus scratching.

I used a DSPhat for the 6-7 years of it was relevant (including all 3 Pokémon Rangers) without causing irreparable damage.  Will the 3DS be giving me more problems than that?

Edit: I had a gift card to use so i bought a 10$ DSi XL kit that came with an aluminium case (that won't be used) and a set of screen protectors that I'll just trim down to 3DS sizes.

A lot cheaper than the "3DS starter kit"... less useless stuff too XD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 10:53:25 PM by MisterE13 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 07:59:58 PM »
I put a piece of packing material between the system when I close it, one that came with the 3DS. But, the kit you bought will probably work too. If the lines are just smudges then you can wipe them away with surgical spirit, electronics cleaner, or eyeglass cleaner on a microfiber cloth (don't use window cleaner).