Author Topic: Help me wifi for mariokart  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Hooboo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Help me wifi for mariokart
« on: November 16, 2005, 03:04:20 PM »
im gettting this error 51100 i have a compatable router (i checked) and i realllllllly want to play some online so can someone help me out.

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Help me wifi for mariokart
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 05:12:46 PM »
Just checked that error for you at nintendowifi.com and it says that most likely the WEP key your DS is sending the router does not match what the router wants.

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 05:20:50 PM »
ahhh so i need to put in the WEP key... thanks man ill give tat a try.  BTW is there anyway not to have to put in the WEP key?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Help me wifi for mariokart
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »
turning off WEP security in your router's configuration would be a good start :tumbsup;
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 05:35:07 PM »
well i cant do that.  I ment was there a way to not turn the WEP of and still playing without needign it.

Offline bananaboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 06:06:57 PM »
that would defeat the purpose of WEP.  but once you enter your key once its stored in there forever.  I just wish that my MAC filtering worked instead...
Currently Playing: Zelda Twilight Princess, Trauma Center Second Opinion, Guitar Hero 2

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 03:03:32 PM »
I put in my wep key and it says it invailed. WHY!

PS: nintendo makes this out to be soooo easy but theres so much crap u have to edit.  I JSUT WANNA PLAY ONLINE =(=(=(

EDIT: also i have a blue lock thing on my list near my house but i get this error 51300 everytime i try to connect to it why is that...

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 05:58:11 AM »
Ok now you're getting a bullshit error.
Error 51300 states that that the hotspot you're trying to contact has recently changed their WEP key. Of course if it's unlocked then it doens't have a key at all and your DS is LYING to you! I've been getting this error all day and I have no advice for you except punching gobs.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Rob91883

• (Bro Dude)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »
  What kind of router and model number of the router are you using? (personaly I dont even bother with a wep key to begin with makes it a lot easier)

MINKA would say," Whooo iz numba wan!!!??"

Im from California, sorry if I say dude a lot.

Offline Hooboo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2005, 01:45:27 PM »
ok well i just found out i dont use a wep key i have a wpa key so it doestnt matter i can use my because my parents wont change it.  So i am going to have to look else where but this blue lock thing is still pissing me off.  If its unlock WHY CANT I PLAY IT!!!!!! *cries*

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »
Will your parents not change it becuase they are ultra tech freaks who thinks they need to super secure their documents? or because they don't know what they are doing and someone else set it up for them?

If the second is the reason, use the internet to learn a bit and change it yourself.  It really isn't hard if you just take the time to learn a little bit.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline cjherrey

• View Profile
Re: Help me wifi for mariokart
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 11:31:15 PM »
check that error for you at nintendowifi.com and it says that most likely the WEP key your DS is sending the router does not match what the router wants.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:37:18 PM by MegaByte »