Author Topic: Rate the last TV show you've seen  (Read 1196655 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last TV show you've seen
« Reply #4000 on: November 29, 2016, 09:32:09 AM »
WWElsie has a pretty high probability that she is alive as they haven't shown you her corpse and she doesn't know who attacked her. Ford can use her to attack the board as she would think that from the incomplete information she has, pushed on by Theresa's death. She is going to think those crazy Indians attacked her on the board's behalf, not Bernard.

Ford needs to remain in control to finish whatever he is doing. Plus this isn't the first time they have tried to go after him and he considers it "Sport". Remember, Ford is a man who has already won. It is a question as to what will happen to the losers.

Ford deleting Bernard's memory of his attack on Elsie was done because Bernard's base personality is non-violent. Killing Theresa broke him and he wouldn't take kindly to being lied to and being made to attack someone else.

It is not much of a show of force from Ford if there is no one to witness it and leaving the memory of him dying on Ford's command would be extremely counter productive. Bernard doesn't work if he is aware of his status, he would try to turn on Ford again.

Mauve is going down. Not only is Ford going to pull her strings, the company would be out to terminate her. It is a question of how many are going to die. It is likely this isn't the first time Hosts have gone rampant shown by the security measures during the first episode when they got a bit jumpy when they detected movement in the basement by bring a heavily armed team to investigate. For all the intelligence Mauve has she can't alter herself without help and her viciousness is going to work against her, it's no way to bring about loyalty. While she has been shown being able to manipulate people those two aren't exactly strong people. I think the "Upgrade" those two gave her was to tag her as "human" giving her the verbal commands over the Hosts.

None of the Hosts can hurt Ford. If anybody tried anything any Hosts in the area would defend him with lethal force even from other members of the company, high ranking or otherwise as demonstrated by Teddy on the Man in Black. Even a lobotomised Clementine couldn't hurt him after being hacked second most talented person in the company. Bernard is not lacking in talent as Ford admits that even he learned a few things from Bernard.

Not sure what the end game is for Dolores and William (Or Ford). From the flashback she is the only one we know of who has turned against her creators. But Ford would not leave her out there if she wasn't safe.

Also LOL, Teddy got wreaked again. He just can't catch a break.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: November 30, 2016, 12:39:46 AM »
Agents of SHIELD w/ another winner tonight.

The style in which this episode was shot was pretty damn good, with the way they made both halves blend, it made sense in both context.
But besides this basically setting up Ghost Rider for an extended series of his own, there is some serious **** about to go down in the ABCMCUTV realm.
Not to be confused with the NetflixMCUTV realm, or even just the regular ol' MCU that only graces the big screen. But don't get me wrong, the ABCMCU has been on point for season 4. I would say best season so far even though we are only 1 episode away from the mid season break.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: December 02, 2016, 05:59:45 AM »
Arrow - Diggle makes a better Green Arrow (more aggressive posture, tone, stance) than Oliver does

Also, how brutal was that cyborg takedown by Kara and Barry?!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: December 02, 2016, 07:01:15 PM »
Kara is just adorable.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: December 02, 2016, 09:32:01 PM »
Kara is just adorable.
She is the likely only thing that is keeping me watching the show at this point, the other is Lena. I never much cared for Alex and being gay(good for her) isn't going to change that.

They are eliminating a villain a week killing a significant number of them. I am not sure how deep that well goes as I am not familiar about Super/girl/man's rogue gallery. After the current season I think they might not have anything left with a cancellation a real possibility unless I am missing something.

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: December 02, 2016, 10:51:19 PM »
After the current season I think they might not have anything left with a cancellation a real possibility unless I am missing something.

I'm fully expecting all four shows to be cancelled and replaced with a single feux "Justice League" show. In fact, I hope it does.  None of the shows seem to have enough content to fill a season on their own so if there was a merge then it should make a lot more stories and villain characters possible.

I still think Melissa needs to do some serious weights, but she certainly has the charm and cuteness and plays the part well.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: December 03, 2016, 12:58:59 AM »
She doesn't need to pack on any muscle, her strength doesn't really come from it anyway and she is more about dodging fire instead of taking it like Superman likes to do. What she needs is some proper coaching so she can throw a bunch properly. If they aren't paying a coach to help her, I seriously doubt they are going to pay her to bulk up.

She isn't wonder women and the like who should be ripped.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #4007 on: December 03, 2016, 04:28:20 AM »
I like that Superman and Supergirl are not muscular.  We know their power comes nit from training and muscles, but the body absorbing solar power.  I think both charcters are perfect physique for the part.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: December 03, 2016, 06:15:23 AM »
She isn't wonder women and the like who should be ripped.

What do you think about Gadot?
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Shorty McNostril

• View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: December 03, 2016, 06:38:31 AM »
She doesn't need to pack on any muscle, her strength doesn't really come from it anyway and she is more about dodging fire instead of taking it like Superman likes to do.

In the TV universe this is a fair point.  My personal preference is that she should be more buff, but her build as it is fits with the established characters in the universe.  (With the exception of Katie Cassidy as Black Canary who was skinny as a rake but doesn't have any powers).   The movies however....

Still too skinny.  They have established that despite having super powers, Superman is still buff as hell.  Yet they cast a lingerie model as Wonder Woman. She's got the face, and she plays the character well but her build is completely wrong.  I certainly don't think they would need to go to the extreme of a weightlifter or body builder or anything (though it would certainly fit) but they could have at least have her develop a more solid build.  Maybe like Caty Lotz from Arrow (Sara Lance)

If it's good enough for the man being built then it should hold true for the girl too.  Of course we know why they didn't cast a solid girl.  Less sex appeal.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: December 03, 2016, 03:50:37 PM »
Her limbs look like they would fly off with little provocation. I haven't watched BVS(not keen on watching that dumpster fire) but the rest of her has the look.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: December 05, 2016, 01:58:58 AM »
Westworld S1 Finale.... HOLY ****!!! That was pretty crazy. I'm glad I stuck with it and binged it 2 weeks ago to catch up. and don't forget to stick around till after the credits as well.

apparently S2 won't air till 2018, so it's gonna be a looong wait.

but here is something do in the meantime (page won't load for me, so I'm not sure what is there)
https://discoverwestworld.com/

and then there is this:
http://www.delosincorporated.com/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:17:36 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline supermario2k

• Totally not The Rat. Really.
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: December 05, 2016, 04:11:36 PM »
Last Man on Earth.

I gave up. It wasn't that good to begin with.

Last Man Standing: When it started I figured it was a reverse Home Improvement, but now its dipping into overly political for its own good. I also don't like how the dynamics have changed for several of the characters and certain characters are barely in the show anymore. Maybe they just got to juggling too many characters.

Lethal Weapon, I lost interest. I realized was just another boring cop show. I don't care for cop shows much.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: December 05, 2016, 04:53:01 PM »
WestWorld Season 1: 10/10

I, at first, wanted to write a detailed review but figured that it might be better to save the details for anyone who hasn't seen it or heard about it. Please take my word for it and watch this show. It's about as good of a show as you can make.

I did not see that final twist coming in regards to Ford. Absolutely masterful.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: December 05, 2016, 06:44:27 PM »
WestWorld Season 1: 10/10

I, at first, wanted to write a detailed review but figured that it might be better to save the details for anyone who hasn't seen it or heard about it. Please take my word for it and watch this show. It's about as good of a show as you can make.
I did not see that final twist coming in regards to Ford. Absolutely masterful.
WestWorld Season 1: 12/10

Just amazing.

I was really hoping he wouldn't die after seeing what happened to Arnold. But Ford went out on top having finished what he started, ever the winner. Whether Dolores had a choice in what she did will be up for debate though and will be for sometime.

Anthony Hopkins elevated the show like no one else. The subtlety of his expression when told the board was removing him was just great. Not only did he know it was happening, it was he who started it and let happen while countering threats to his control and the control of the park. He stole every scene he was in.

AHAHAHA William you dumbass, you were told repeatedly the maze wasn't for you.

The only weakness in this episode was the QA teams were not very good at their jobs. But a lot got covered by the fact that they had lost coordination and control.

The intentional play with the inconsistencies was great. there was a lot of WTH did the writers **** up moments only for you to get played. Well done.

This is the one show I unequivocally recommend to anyone without reservations.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: December 05, 2016, 07:57:20 PM »
WW I finally got to catch up on west world. 2 things I saw coming, 1 I only half saw coming, and will have to rewatch the season to check for continuity errors.   

I suspected Bernard was an android when he slept with Theresa. Plus the way he noticed body language like a Psychopath.

I also figured out he was based on Arnold, because I saw Future World. In Future World, (double spoilers, if you never saw the movies watch them) the droids have not only taken over the park, they aimed to replace humans in important positions who visit the park. I always look for foreshadowing and symbolism to figure out twists. I read Goosebumps obsessively as a kid.

I knew William would go bad, but I didn't expect McPoyle to turn into Ed Harris.

I have to re-watch the whole season again for clues.I had noticed when Williams bro cut open Delores that she had old school innards. I had chalked it up to her being an old model, but it turns out that was just in the past. I'm pretty sure in earlier episode she has more advanced fleshy innards.

It is also possible there are two Delores's in the park. She may not be only hallucinating. Think about it. Some order of operations might require a secondary Delores. Or I have to watch it again. Everything was seemed pretty straight forward until the last few episodes when everything got turned on its head.

Between Elsie, Delores, Maeve, Bernard, William, Theresa, and Teddy. Some of their interactions require a certain order.  The thing that makes it difficult is their cyclical order of operation, like the Matrix. It's strange she would cycle to that church multiple times. Even weirder is Ford rebuilt it. The problem with the androids story is we don't know when events take place. The only thing we can do to figure it out is to find a human anchor. It is totally possible that there aren't continuity errors. This show requires a secondary watch.

Just a tip for dealing with androids. When Maeve asked to have her awareness turned up, that's when they should have turned it all the way down. She can't rule over you if she is stupid. Turn down aggressiveness too.

Poor Elsie

Delores is Spanish for misery.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:14:45 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:35 AM »
Major WW Spoiler from S1
https://gfycat.com/UnnaturalDapperChuckwalla

and a speculation
I think Ford made a "Avatar" of himself... I think that's who he was creating in his private android machine

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: December 06, 2016, 02:34:56 AM »
Major WW Spoiler from S1

and a speculation
I think Ford made a "Avatar" of himself... I think that's who he was creating in his private android machine

Possibly, although that would take away from his sacrifice. It'd be more meaningful if Bernard (Arnold) made a copy of Ford himself. But who's to say that the Ford that was shot wasn't a Host already?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: December 06, 2016, 02:38:48 AM »
that's exactly what I was thinking. a good host always goes first.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: December 06, 2016, 02:40:24 AM »
Major WW Spoiler from S1

and a speculation
I would term that a Mega spoiler.

I hope Ford made a version of himself based only on the fact I want more Anthony Hopkins. I am just riveted every time he shows up. it really helped that the show runners really know their stuff and not a moment of was a waste.

But it is likely he isn't coming back as it seems like he was cast to bring the people in like Sean Bean only to kill him off at the end of the season.

Elise doesn't seem to be dead yet as they haven't tied up her plot line nor the head of QA  leaving them in limbo. Come back to swear!

Possibly, although that would take away from his sacrifice. It'd be more meaningful if Bernard (Arnold) made a copy of Ford himself. But who's to say that the Ford that was shot wasn't a Host already?
That would be a pretty holy **** moment.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4020 on: December 06, 2016, 04:03:20 AM »
Westworld was fantastic. So so good. 2018 to the next season though.

Although i did notice Nolan reused a line from the POI series finale Root says "is this now? or is this one of my memories?", Bernard says the same thing. Minor, but it made me want to watch that episode of POI again.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: December 06, 2016, 08:36:48 AM »
Elise doesn't seem to be dead yet as they haven't tied up her plot line nor the head of QA  leaving them in limbo. Come back to swear!

There was a teaser on one of those WW ARG links that hinted at her still being around.
It's likely that she was purposely removed from harms way so that there was NO chance she would get caught up in what was about to go down.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: December 06, 2016, 10:14:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure Elise is dead but if she's not, then she'll somehow find the head of security who was abducted by the native hosts. It's also possible that Elise was behind the abduction. Either way, she'll team up with the head of security to take the park back or warn the rest of the parks or world somehow.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: December 07, 2016, 01:07:45 AM »
I'm pretty sure Elise is dead but if she's not, then she'll somehow find the head of security who was abducted by the native hosts. It's also possible that Elise was behind the abduction. Either way, she'll team up with the head of security to take the park back or warn the rest of the parks or world somehow.
but here is something do in the meantime (page won't load for me, so I'm not sure what is there)
https://discoverwestworld.com/

and then there is this:
http://www.delosincorporated.com/

http://delosincorporated.com/video/intra/tablet.mp4

http://delosincorporated.com/assets/transmission.mp4

I don't if that means anything, but it comes from those links.

and for those that may be worried that season 2 won't be like season 1....
Well, they already planned out the next 5 seasons, so they know exactly how things will go from here.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/08/westworld-plan

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: December 07, 2016, 01:31:06 AM »
Agents of SHIELD end the mid season with another banger.

best season of the show so far. All episodes have been great. Ghost Rider has been great too.
2nd half comes back Jan 10th, and Yo-Yo is getting a 6pt digital mini series starting Dec 13th
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNs9ZIHAVAy/