Author Topic: Zelda: Wind Waker final impressions  (Read 8800 times)

Offline Mingesium

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Zelda: Wind Waker final impressions
« on: February 01, 2003, 09:35:09 AM »
Did anyone here beat Zelda: Wind Waker? I heard that it is a great game, but the game sort of falls off at the end. I read impressions of the first half of the game, and I would like to read some impressions of the end.

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2003, 10:57:44 AM »
You'll probably have to wait until the US version is released.
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2003, 01:12:13 PM »
I am also interested in the ending sequences of the game. I'm sure there is someone on the net who has reviewed it... if I find it, will be sure to post a link.

Offline xino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2003, 04:24:14 PM »
The Bare Necessities come to GBA next week!

UBI SOFT TO LAUNCH JUNGLE BOOK GAMES FOR  PLAYSTATION 2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM  AND NINTENDO GAME BOY  ADVANCE  

Two Titles Based on one of Disney's Most Popular Animated Features -  Just in Time for The Jungle Book 2

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - February 5, 2003 - Ubi Soft Entertainment, one of the world's largest video game publishers, today announced plans for two exciting games based on the classic Disney movie, The Jungle Book.  First released in 1967, The Jungle Book remains one of Disney's most popular animated features captivating three generations of moviegoers.  Now, for the first time in 36 years, Disney is bringing Mowgli and his friends back to the big screen in The Jungle Book 2. Two engaging games based on the original film will complement this new adventure, Disney's The Jungle Book for the Game Boy Advance and Disney's The Jungle Book: Rhythm n' Groove for the PlayStation 2.  Both are scheduled to launch in February 2003, to coincide with the theatrical release of the new movie.

"With these two Jungle Book titles based on the original film, Ubi Soft demonstrates its ongoing commitment to providing the finest in family games," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubi Soft Entertainment.  "Children and adults alike will have a great time with this updated classic game, complete with new adventures, cool 3D graphics, entertaining characters, and the magic of the movie-going experience."

The brand new Disney's The Jungle Book for the Game Boy Advance allows players to explore vivid worlds and greet familiar faces as the young hero Mowgli.  Six lush, 3D worlds and 20 massive levels, such as the Indian Jungle, the Swamp, and King Louie's Temple, deliver mind-bending puzzles and mini-games:  

"       Encounter wild creatures  "       Challenge King Louie to a dance contest  "       Take a fast-action ride on Baloo's belly  "       Avoid the hypnotizing gaze of Kaa  The Animation Gallery offers another bonus where players can unlock photos of favorite jungle pals as well as special animated sequences from the original film.

Disney's The Jungle Book: Rhythm n' Groove for the PlayStation 2 updates the popular PlayStation version of the same game with spectacular new 3D graphics to take advantage of this next generation system; players can also view the theatrical trailer for The Jungle Book 2 and unlock 3D sequences based on the original film as they move through the game.  Using the game controller or any PlayStation 2-compatible dance pad, players can dance through the jungle:

"       Imitate the funky moves of all the jungle pals to bring Mowgli safely to the man-village  "       Move to the beat through 9 stunning 3D worlds, based on the main scenes of the movie  "       Groove to favorite tunes like "The Bare Necessities" and "I Wanna Be Like You"  "       Play solo or with a friend: Dance as Mowgli or choose one of 10 characters from the film  

Both titles will release with the opening of The Jungle Book 2.  Cross-promotional ads will appear in the The Jungle Book 2: Born to Be Wild! book series, published by Random House, and the Jungle Book music album.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2003, 04:50:11 PM »
Not there quite yet. I hope the ending is good, but even if not, the rest of the game has been great so far.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2003, 04:55:13 PM »
I didn't import because I thought the story would be hard to understand.

What did everyone who imported think of the story?
Matt
Contact Info in Profile

Offline Laser60

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 02:50:36 PM »
Hey, Blood.  What have you thought of the game so far?  Is it as fun as TOOT?  What about length?  Any other stuff that makes the game different than other games.

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 07:32:50 PM »
Just beat it!!! Whee! OK, there is a section that some people might find a little tedious near the end (although I enjoyed it), however the final battle and the ending are awesome.  To me it seems a bit on the easy side, but I can't say for sure since difficulty is sometimes different between JPN and US versions.  I will say though that there is also a little something special for those that make it to the end.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2003, 07:38:27 PM »
sounds great. Some people thought Super Mario Sunshine was boring at the end, but I like it. I think that Zelda would be the same. March is almost here.

Offline 3_MaSteRPIeCE

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2003, 03:11:15 PM »
Hey blood.

Whatabout the overall feel of the game?

Does it feel better to go on  Hyrule Field the first time or on the ocean the first time.

Is the ending as good as others?
And are there A LOT of other sub quests?  and are they any big (like bigger than the Lon lon ranch one?)

Money for war but not enough to feed the poor - TuPac

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2003, 04:04:32 PM »

Originally posted by: 3_MaSteRPIeCE
Whatabout the overall feel of the game?

I'm going to hold back overall on this because not being able to read the story does alter the way a game feels.  However, there are a lot of great little additions like the way the music interacts with battles.  The beautifully detailed animation also gives you the impression of being in a world that's much more alive.

Does it feel better to go on  Hyrule Field the first time or on the ocean the first time.

Hyrule field, simply because it was seeing familiar territory in 3D for the first time.  Of course there are also places in Wind Waker that provide the same effect, but not really the ocean itself.

Is the ending as good as others?

Again without the text, there may have been something I've missed, but I thought the ending was very cool even if it didn't answer all my questions.

And are there A LOT of other sub quests?  and are they any big (like bigger than the Lon lon ranch one?)

Seem to be, but sub-quests also tend to rely more on doing what people ask of you.  I was still missing half a row of hearts.  Treasure hunting can be fun and tedious at the same time depending on how you go about it. However there were a lot of little nooks and crannys on islands that I'm sure I didn't have to do to beat the game...depends on how you look at it I guess.

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 11:20:31 AM »
After spending time with the US ver. I can rest a bit easier as it is every thing I hoped for. The Wind Waker is something I thought would not be reality for at least another 5years, "Tangeble Animation"! So fluid yet interactive in almost every way. From what I've played(in english) the game is "Ocarina" but in a Diseny sorta way.  Makes me wonder how Kingdom Hearts would've been using this engine. The feeling you get while playing can only be  had when playing a Zelda game for the first time. I could not figure a few things out( like defeating the "liquid hot magma" boss) and I loved every second of it.  Never have I had such joy getting my ass kicked by a boss in a video game.

But alas, there are people who are not going to buy this Masterpiece based on the look of the game.  The clerk in BestBuy says to me "I can't play something that looks like that".  So I asked him why, and of course this fool says "because they(Nintendo) messed it up. If they made the graphics look more like blah blah blah.  I started to ignore him after he said graphics and went back to my gleeful bliss.

In the end, I'm not going to work the week of March 23, 2003. Zelda will be my life, both The Wind Waker and Soul Calibur2(import) will be mine. I suggest you get down to local store X and reserve your copy now!
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130