Poll

What games will you positively 100% buy for Switch?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
34 (17.6%)
1,2 Switch
5 (2.6%)
Snipperclips
12 (6.2%)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
17 (8.8%)
Arms
12 (6.2%)
Splatoon 2
22 (11.4%)
Super Mario Odyssey
37 (19.2%)
Fire Emblem Warriors
13 (6.7%)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
28 (14.5%)
The as of yet Untitled Pokemon game which may or may not be Stars
13 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: 1st Party Switch Games: What will you realistically buy?  (Read 11162 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
1st Party Switch Games: What will you realistically buy?
« on: January 15, 2017, 11:43:43 PM »
This is another snap poll, but it can also evolve over time. I think it can be a good way to see how the community tastes go. I'm only using officially announced 1st party games but I'm making an exception for the unannounced Pokemon game because it was confirmed by an executive from the Pokemon Company.

Right now, the moment you read this thread, fill out the games you are 100% sold on Switch. You can change your vote as more details come but I am curious to see how everyone feels about the games announced so far.

I'm going with Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem Warriors for obvious reasons. I'm also adding Super Mario Odyssey because New Donk City. Splatoon 2 is still up in the air pending more details of Nintendo's online services. I don't care for battle mode so I'm not going to spend another $60 on Mario Kart 8. I don't really care for 1 2 Switch and Snipperclips if they don't offer any form of online play and I haven't finished Xenoblade Chronicles or XCX so at this point why even bother with Chronicles 2.

I want to know what you guys think!
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 1st Party Switch Games: What will you realistically buy?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:47:29 PM »
I can't select multiple games. It's radio-button.

I know I will buy Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, and Super Mario Odyssey. I'm also thinking I may take the dive into Splatoon 2. I'll only be interested in the Pokemon game if it's "Stars" or the next mainline Pokemon game, and if it is then I will definitely buy it.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:52:52 PM by Agent-X- »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:51:09 PM »
Yup, I fucked up the poll. Mods, feel free to nuke this thread into the deepest part of the internet please.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 11:53:04 PM »
you have to edit the poll to allow selection of more than 1 option at a time.

But Zelda and Mario for sure 100%
MK8 is a very high probability as well, as I'm sure MK9 won't be announced for a looong time.
and 1,2 switch only being $20 is probably an impulse buy
If Arms is $30, I'd probably snap that up too, as it could be fun and looks to have a low level of entry for playing.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
you have to edit the poll to allow selection of more than 1 option at a time.

Yeah, sadly I can't edit that part once I hit submit. It was a brain fade on my part. If the mods can fix that it would be fine. If not I'll make a new thread.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 11:58:03 PM »
I can't wait to contribute to this, but I'll make a few notes before the poll gets updated:

There's no way in hell I'm not getting Zelda. I'm as diehard a Zelda fan as you can get and this has the potential to be one of my favorite games of all time. While I can't imagine playing 1, 2 Switch! all that much, I definitely see its appeal and would consider picking it up as a Select down the road- not full price.

Snipperclips looks absurd and fun and the perfect game to play with a friend and use those separate Joy Con for, so I'm definitely picking that up. As Doctor Metts mentioned, unless Nintendo offers some sort of discount to Wii U MK8 owners (they won't), I'm not paying full price for that game, I've spent enough money on the MK8 saga.

I don't need to mention how down I am for ARMS. It looks incredible and it's my most anticipated Switch title aside from Zelda.

I will also gladly get Splatoon 2, and as the resident "GALAXY WAS A TURD/3D LAND SUCKED/I LOVE 3D WORLD/BUT I LOVE SUNSHINE AND 64 MORE" forum user, I am definitely psyched for Super Mario Odyssey. While I'm a big Musou fan, I'm not a diehard Fire Emblem guy and I'm not familiar with the majority of the characters that would be included in the game (I didn't play Fates, which is likely to get ridiculous representation, I played Awakening but didn't care much for the characters, and I really enjoyed Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn). As a huge fan of Monolith Soft and the Xenoblade brand, I will of course get Xenoblade 2 when it releases Holiday 2018.

Didn't like Pokemon Sun, will probably skip Stars.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 12:05:07 AM »
Day one
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Switch

Eventually/On Sale
1. Splatoon 2
2. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
3. Fire Emblem Warriors

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 12:05:25 AM »
Thank you to the kind soul who fixed the poll. <3

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 12:06:52 AM »
Wheee! I got it Fixed! I forgot I was staff for awhile there eheh...

As for my choices... wow, I really do just buy all the Nintendo games huh? Well, not ALL of them!

I am currently not planning on 1,2 Switch. I see this game as a Wario Ware style title, and frankly party microgames have never quite enticed me. Not even Wii Play caught my eye way back when, so it's not even a question of "Nintendo hasn't sold me on 1,2 Switch yet" it's a matter of "They didn't get me to buy WarioWare Smooth Moves back in 2006, I'm not convinced they can get me to buy this game 11 years later."

Shockingly, I'm also not quite enthused with the thought of rebuying Mario Kart 8. I MAY get it way down the line if it goes on sale/price drop, but right now it's not in the cards. I think I may just not be enticed by the very-iterative nature of the game at the moment, even if I was fine with it for the original release.

All the other games ARE on my list at this moment.

Obviously I'm SUPER excited about Zelda, but I'm actually really looking forward to Snipperclips too. I can really picture myself playing that game at family get togethers with my cousins. And they promise FOUR-PLAYER puzzles? Sounds like CRAZY FUN!

I'm also HYPE for Mario later on, and willfully skipped out on Sun/Moon so that I can get the "May or may not be Stars" title a year after everyone else has played Pokemon (well, with my backlog, that's what happens anyways really).

I also look forward to Fire Emblem Warriors, if it's anything like Hyrule Warriors it won't be a great game, but probably one I can veg to.

And, well, I guess Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is too big to miss?

The last two games on my list I'm more measured, cautiously optimistic about. ARMS looks new and unique, and tha's mostly what's got me interested. I'm not certain that I'll like it though... I'm simply not really into PVP nor do I want to "git gud" if this is one of those games where to have fun you have to play at a high level. Also, they just haven't shown much of the game yet... but right now I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Splatoon 2 I'm getting, but I also have some reservations with. I love the character and style of the game, but again I'm not big on PVP and really most of the playtime was me watching my brother play online and especially watching his map. Still, if this comes with an expanded Single Player campaign then that'll be enough to turn this carebear's answer from a warm "Yes" into a volcanic "YES!!!111!!1!"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 12:22:52 AM by Kairon »
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 12:11:48 AM »
3 to 5 titles.

edit make that 3 to 6!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 12:34:09 AM »
I'll be buying Zelda for the Wii U and Mario Kart 8 isn't adding any new tracks so I doubt I'll buy that either unless I get it on sale sometime in the future. 

Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade 2 are must buys and I'll probably also get Fire Emblem Warriors even though Hyrule Warriors got old after a while.  The first 20 hours should be a blast like Hyrule Warriors so I'll still get it anyway even though I won't get anywhere close to 100% it like I'll try to do with the other 3.

ARMS is a wildcard right now since the gameplay looks really fun but I hope it has enough single player content to keep me busy, since don't really have anyone to play mutiplayer with.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 01:06:52 AM »
I selected Xenoblade, Mario and Zelda and then remembered that I'm getting Zelda on the Wii U so I guess that doesn't count.

Fire Emblem Warriors is a maybe.  Hyrule Warriors benefits from the fact that I'm a big Zelda fan and get all the references.  I'm just not that familiar with Fire Emblem so I don't know if it will have the same appeal.

A proper Pokemon on a console would be a must by, but no such title has been announced so I don't feel right picking it.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 01:08:30 AM »
Day 1:
Zelda
Mario Kart
Arms
Splatoon
Mario
Pokémon

I'm open to being convinced on 1, 2, Switch, and I still need to see more of Snipperclips, which people seem to be really high on. I've never been a big Fire Emblem guy, so a Warriors game in that world doesn't do much for me, and if I were going to play Xenoblade I'd probably start with the first one.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 01:43:30 AM »
I'm only interested in single playe games. Zelda, Pokémon, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 are what I picked and those three alone will justify the purchase. I'll likely get Odyssey eventually, but it's not a priority. I'm sure I'll add more as the list grows.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:45:47 AM by rygar »

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 01:36:05 PM »
Realistically, I'll buy every 1st party game as I sort of have a bad habit of purchasing everything Nintendo puts out (you will hear no argument from me if you think that's sad or pathetic). Which games am I interested in playing? Actually all of them. I was a bit tentative about Arms, but the more I read/hear/see the more excited I am for it. Everything else is more or less a known quantity. My only regret is that there isn't more and that the pricing isn't more competitive.

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 04:29:05 PM »
Still not sure if I will keep my preorder or wait for a price drop, but I think I'll just wait until then regardless for Zelda instead of getting it on Wii U.  The other certainty is Mario, which is the game I am most excited for.  Xenoblade might actually be an option, since it is portable and I can play during breaks at work.  Otherwise, nothing interests me until MK8 hits $20, unless that is also when MK9 comes out.  Pokemon is likewise not a game I want to buy twice.

I look forward to the eventual flood of 3DS developers announcing games.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 05:02:45 PM »
The only ones I didn't pick off the list are 1-2 Switch, Arms and Zelda. The first two I really want to try before I jump in, and the last is a Wii U game for me.

I've already got the physical announced ones preordered.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 07:46:37 PM »
Who else picked SnipperClippers? It looks like great game to play with your girl.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 12:38:34 AM »
Who else picked SnipperClippers? It looks like great game to play with your girl.

Snipperclips, to me, is the game that will really take advantage of the Switch being portable and automatically having two controllers. I'm actually more excited for it than ARMS or 1,2 Switch.

Offline Miyamoto

• Only person correctly capable of predicting the Switch's demise
  • Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 05:17:36 AM »
Still not sure if I will keep my preorder or wait for a price drop

I briefly considered cancelling my pre-order when it occurred to me that I'm spending well over £300 to essentially play a £40 game on a console I already own. Decided to keep my pre-order as I'll end up getting anyways and I've bought Nintendo consoles on day 1 since the GameCube. I just hope I don't get burnt if/when this thing sells poorly and they drastically slash the price after only a few months. Hopefully, if they do this, we'll get some sort of compensation like we did with the 3DS.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 09:46:44 AM »
Day 1:
1) Zelda
2) Mario
3) Snipperclips
4) Bomberman R - Screw your poll!

Maybe:
1) Splatoon
2) Xenoblade 2 (I still haven't gone through my copy of the original)
3) Arms (Dependent on breadth of game modes, single player options).

Needs to be discounted:
1) Mariokart (if I can get it under $30)
2) 1-2 Switch (If I can get it under $20)

My experience with Hyrule Warriors is that with the right veneer, I can enjoy a Dynasty Warriors type game.  That said, Fire Emblem's characters aren't cherished enough by me to justify a purchase of the game.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2017, 11:02:28 PM »
Of the ones listed:

Super Mario Odyssey is my only must-buy I think, since I'm considering to get Zelda on the Wii U, are there any real differences in version? Faster loadtimes on Switch?

Mario Kart 8, ARMS, 1-2 Switch are all in the 'these will be great once I have the system' category I think. Possibly Snipperclips too (haven't looked at footage yet).

Splatoon 2... yeah probably at some point, 4-team matches looks great.  Xenoblade 2 probably too, but I still have Xenoblade X to play.

The video presentation also showed Bomberman and something that looked like Rayman Legends... are those new titles? If yes, those are a sure thing. Bomberman on the go, handing people a Joycon? Hell yeah. Oh and Yooka-Laylee is moving to Switch right. Bye money.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2017, 11:11:50 PM »
since I'm considering to get Zelda on the Wii U, are there any real differences in version? Faster loadtimes on Switch?

Some graphical differences, no special editions on the Wii U, but the biggest thing I believe is that Zelda: BotW will require a 3GB install on the Wii U.

The video presentation also showed Bomberman and something that looked like Rayman Legends... are those new titles?

Bomberman is new, it's Super Bomberman R, has a 2-player co-op adventure campaign, local and online versus, and supports up to EIGHT player matches!

Needless to say, I'm really, really, REALLY jazzed about this game. Bomberman64 was the only game that we would pu down Mario Kart 64 for back in the day.

As for Rayman, it's "Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition" so not sounding new really.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2017, 11:12:29 PM »
Rayman was Rayman Legends, which Ubisoft is billing as the definitive version. A video with Michel Ancel teased special bonuses and additions.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2017, 01:43:04 PM »
Thanks Kairon and Phil! The 3GB install doesn't matter to me, got a harddrive hooked up to the Wii U. Portability might be a bonus for the Switch version, but I also kind of like the idea of at least having one Zelda title on the Wii U (didn't buy Warriors or the remakes). Will see.

Too bad about Rayman, it's a great game though so I hope it moves units this time, but I really wish someone would let Ancel just do Beyond Good & Evil 2. Honestly that'd be the true system-seller for me, moreso than Mario or Zelda.