Poll

Are You Going to Buy the Switch?

Nintendo had me at Switch (Hyrule Warrior)
4 (66.7%)
Nintendo's done it and I'm buying a Switch before the year is up! (Mario Maniac)
0 (0%)
I'm going to buy but feel no urgency to do so anytime soon. (Smash Fighter)
0 (0%)
I'm still waiting for specific software to be announced/released before I'd buy it. (F-Zero Activist)
1 (16.7%)
Still unsure. (3DS is best!)
1 (16.7%)
Nope. I still see no reason for me to buy this. (Overwatch Elitist)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 12, 2017, 08:34:49 PM

Author Topic: Forum Snap Poll: How Sold Are You on the Switch?  (Read 58372 times)

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Snap Poll: How Sold Are You on the Switch?
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2017, 12:40:27 AM »
There are some cool games coming to the system. I am very adamant about Arms, personally. It looks awesome. I'll take more Splatoon if you give it to me. However, those trailers for SMT, FE Warriors, Xenoblade, and Octopath all have me super excited, but how far out are those games?

If I wasn't already getting one for specific reasons, I would hold off for a looooong time until those games came out.

P.S. Super Mario Odyssey looks hella fun.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:42:52 AM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2017, 12:45:03 AM »
Walmart already sold out of pre-orders. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2017, 12:51:44 AM »
Joycons are 40 bucks a piece. HOLY ****.
Worse. According to Polygon, they're $50.

Individual Joycon: $49.99
Joycon pair: $79.99
Joycon Grip: $29.99
Pro Controller: $69.99
Additional dock with AC Adapter and HDMI cable: $79.99

Get the **** out of here, Nintendo.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2017, 01:28:12 AM »
I'm definitely not getting it at launch. I have enough of a backlog to keep me busy for now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:21 AM »
Honestly....I'm not that sold anymore. And I don't know if I want to go out of my way to get one.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:33 AM »
HA! Finally, the reality has sunk in on you overly optimistic people.

Oh, I'm buying the hell out of one. See, I just wanted to wait until you all SWITCHED your thoughts on it and did the same myself!

*snaps*

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2017, 01:43:32 AM »
Hey I always said I wouldn't get it until I finished my current backlog on the Wii U which probably wont be until 2018 at my rate.  Of course the upcoming lineup does look pretty amazing from what they've shown and proves my point about how the the Japanese third party support will probably be pretty solid thanks to the system being a handheld as well.

Of course I would say it's a good thing Mario Odyssey is a holiday title since if that came out close to launch I don't know if I could have controlled myself.  Hopefully I can clear my backlog by the holiday since when that game comes out it'll be agony not being able to play it right away.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2017, 01:43:54 AM »
This is still a day one purchase for me if I can get one. I'll check Best Buy for pre-orders and stand in line on launch day if I can't (unless the line is bananas), but I won't kick an old lady to the ground to get one at launch. I just do that recreationally.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2017, 01:46:45 AM »
There are some cool games coming to the system. I am very adamant about Arms, personally. It looks awesome. I'll take more Splatoon if you give it to me. However, those trailers for SMT, FE Warriors, Xenoblade, and Octopath all have me super excited, but how far out are those games?

If I wasn't already getting one for specific reasons, I would hold off for a looooong time until those games came out.

P.S. Super Mario Odyssey looks hella fun.

The reports are that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a 2017 release so I think there's a good chance you see that one in Holiday 2017.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2017, 01:49:07 AM »
I have some stuff in my backlog, but that makes it easier to deal with the software... "droughts" that are going to be happening with the Switch. While I have faith that Atlus can churn out SMTV pretty damn quickly (which is exciting, since SMTIVA was my Game of the Year in 2016), I doubt we'll be seeing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 any time soon, and the big gap between Zelda and Mario makes focusing in on those titles easier for me.

Of course, there is that tentative 2017 for XC2, but I'm quite excited to re-enter the world of Splatoon. And I'm not gonna lie, ARMs has me a bit smitten.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2017, 02:08:54 AM »
For roughly $400 bucks, I could get a Switch and Zelda. Or I can get a Wii U, a bunch of games, and Zelda. It's actually a tough call. I really want to play Smash bros., Pikmin, and Wonderful 101.

It really is gonna depend on how Zelda plays on Wii U.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2017, 02:11:19 AM »
Perhaps if you buy it used, you can get the Wii U with all those games and more and still have $100 - $50.00 to start saving on the Switch. Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings as more news on this system gets distributed out to us.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2017, 02:44:22 AM »
It's still a day one purchase for me, but the presentation was largely disappointing, between the price and the fact that Mario's not coming until the holidays.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2017, 07:49:11 AM »
I was already sold on the hardware but I'm disappointed in the price, and what looks like gouging on the peripherals has me borderline hostile. My experience with consumer electronics is that the stated ranges for battery life tend to degrade relatively quickly once the device is put into regular use, so I expected more than 2.5 hours for $400 (I'm including the price of a game obviously). So I'm still switched on, but I was hoping to be tempted to get it at launch, and now I'm thinking I will hold out till 2018.

Offline Kwolf

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2017, 09:04:01 AM »
I'm still day one purchase myself, in fact stayed up to get my amazon preorder here in the states.  I have to say though the conference didn't really boost excitement.   Might have even dulled me slightly.  Although both Mario and Zelda look fantastic.   There were a few times during the conference I actually burst out in laughter, along with head shaking.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2017, 09:38:02 AM »
Apparently, the online service will give out free VC games per month sometimes with additions like ONLINE MULTIPLAYER. If this means what I think it means, it puts me firmly back into the Switch camp.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2017, 06:36:26 PM »
Regardless of the quality of Nintendo's messaging over the past 24 hours or the price of accessories (which, while it may reflect the cost of the tech, is just too high), all I really care about is the games. Zelda is there for launch and it looks amazing, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is coming a few months after that (though the value proposition for that does not seem great for someone who has the game on Wii U and bought both DLC packs), Splatoon 2 is there for the summer, Mario Odyssey is there the holidays, and even Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is listed as 2017 for the west right now (though I'm certainly not banking on that). In terms of first party output, that's amazing. I got my pre-order in and I'm 100% there for day one.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2017, 06:55:23 PM »
Hype for Mario has increased. Hype for everything else is at an all-time low.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2017, 07:25:28 PM »
Im not supporting the stupid multiplayer bullshit, but i'll buy it for the awesome single player games.
Made you look ****.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »
Sold! Breath of the Wild, Super Bomberman R, and I Am Setsuna on day one for me. :)
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2017, 08:52:20 PM »
I preordered Nintendo Switch and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Amazon. I think I can hold off on I am Setsuna since I probably won't play it right away.

Offline rygar

• NWR's #1 soccer fan!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2017, 09:34:08 PM »
I can definitely be positive on the games for myself, and I always liked the hardware.

BotW and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 look absolutely fantastic. Skyrim is confirmed. I love the art style of Project Octopath Traveler and would be shocked if I don't get it. Those four, plus Shin Megami Tensei, are all hugely attractive.

I am Setsuna and Disgaea 5 are also likely buys, and I'll be keeping an eye on FIFA, Ultra Street Fighter II, Steep, Super Mario Odyssey, and Fast RMX. The last four are genres that don't typically interest me, but the games look so visually interesting I could easily be tempted.

My disappointments are only price and an a growing suspicion that I won't have the breadth of genre coverage I want with the eventual full library. But in truth, I'll end up buying more games than I'll play.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »
Worse. According to Polygon, they're $50.

Individual Joycon: $49.99
Joycon pair: $79.99
Joycon Grip: $29.99
Pro Controller: $69.99
Additional dock with AC Adapter and HDMI cable: $79.99

Get the **** out of here, Nintendo.

You have got to be joking....

move me to the "wait and see" crowd.
I don't know the details on the joycons, but $80 to get an additional pair!?

oh you want multiplayer!? LOL, better BYOS (buy your own switch)
and additional dock that does no more than pass through the signal to the TV and charge the system is $80!? GTFOH w/ that noise.
Even the pro controller is $70, and the joycon shell is $30!?

ridiculous.
and then we gotta pay for online...
I know Nintendo gotta get paid too, but that new Club Nintendo better be worth the price of entry.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
With BnM here plus $20 + for Australians.
Made you look ****.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2017, 05:43:33 PM »
Subtract $50 from the dock, $30 from every controller, and $20 for the Joycon Grip and those prices suddenly become a lot more reasonable while still providing Nintendo with profits on each item. The dock is an HDMI pass through that still has USB 2.0 for some reason. This is a huge missed opportunity for Nintendo. It had a perfect opportunity to change the rules and force consumers to rethink how it views video game hardware. Nintendo should be positioning itself as an alternative. One way it could have done so by lowering the price of entry. Instead of making a profit by selling a few things for a lot of money, it could make a profit by selling a lot of things for less money. For hardware that can connect to eight controllers, setting the cost of controllers so high doesn't particularly make a lot of sense.