Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Ganondorf lives on planet Vegeta  (Read 42464 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Re: Hyrule Warriors: This maybe my destiny!
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 10:07:59 PM »
I'm not really interested in the Zelda characters because they're not very well developed.

I'm pretty sure Team Ninja took care of tha... oh, wait, I see where you're going with this. Never mind.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 10:13:15 PM »
I'm not really interested in the Zelda characters because they're not very well developed.

I'm pretty sure Team Ninja took care of tha... oh, wait, I see where you're going with this. Never mind.

LOL +1

too bad they didn't scruff Link up a little. He still looks like a anime girly boy. a little too ambiguous if you ask me.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 09:07:27 AM »

LOL +1

too bad they didn't scruff Link up a little. He still looks like a anime girly boy. a little too ambiguous if you ask me.
That's a hallmark of the link character now unfortunately
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 11:57:58 AM »
I want a scruffy looking Nerf herder Link with a beard like future King Samurai Jack. This Link at least has a more manly schnoz in that one pic. Not like MJ skyward Sword link.

Game also looks like a prequel. Shows what looks like the ascendant of skyloft and this Link looks like manga link from Hyrule Historian.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:14:27 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 05:48:31 PM »
Dynasty Warriors never interested me before and putting in Link and boobs isn't going to convince me otherwise.  I'm not really interested in the Zelda characters because they're not very well developed.  I like Zelda's gameplay and this isn't going to have that.

I thought Soul Calibur II with Link was cool and all but for me the real appeal was Soul Calibur on the Gamecube.  Link being in it was just a bonus.  But if I wasn't already interested, Link wouldn't have sold me on it because Soul Calibur clearly doesn't play like Zelda.  This is the same idea.  If they made a Nintendo themed Candy Crush Saga would you suddenly become interested in that?  Are you a Zelda fan because of the gameplay or because it stars an incredibly generic looking elf character with no personality in some convoluted timeline that makes no sense?

Oh and Link looks kind of like a girl in those screenshots.  He's certainly more "pretty" than usual.

See, it was the exact opposite for me. I rarely cared about games and series that were not on a Nintendo system back then and Link's inclusion was the catalyst that got me interested in the game and lead to my purchase. The game them made me a Soul Calibur fan on it's own where I would buy an SC game without Link in it.

So it can bring in new fans. Namco just blew it by ditching Nintendo systems for a money hat despite the GC version selling the best on of the big three at the time.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 05:51:07 PM »
Have you played Soul Calibur III? Preserve your memories of Soul Calibur II and pretend III never happened.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 05:57:06 PM »
I did not own a PS2 at the time and so I never got that game. I always half planned on getting it eventually but now I have a 360 so SC 4 or 5 sounds like the better option.
My Game Collection

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
Love Dynasty Warriors and Zelda, super excited! I wonder if they will use characters from other Zelda games........like Tingle!!!! ;D 
"Nothing tips like a cow."

Offline Nemo

• View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 11:53:09 PM »
I tried a Dynasty Warriors game once, I think for PS2. I remember thinking "This is kind of fun, but the draw distance sucks." So, add Link and better hardware and I wouldn't mind playing this. I'm not expecting it to blow my mind and I may wait for a deal on the game somewhere down the line, but I'd rather this game exist than not exist.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2014, 04:09:31 PM »
There being co-op in the game has certainly increased my interest. I wonder if we'll see the full character list at E3.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2014, 04:12:25 PM »
I wonder if they will squeeze in online co-op. That would be a cool perk.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
I wonder if they will squeeze in online co-op. That would be a cool perk.
It is certainly possible, since it would seem the last Dynasty Warriors game had online play, but I'm not counting on it. I would think that if it had online then it would have been mentioned along with the co-op, though I guess they could be saving it for when the rest of the details are revealed.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2014, 02:00:45 AM »
No one is talking about the new details revealed for the game. Agitha, the bug lady in Twilight Princess, is a confirmed playable character, which is awesome as she has such a following and fans have been clamouring for her return. As well, there is a new character creation revealed on the box art who is assumed to be a Princess Lana announced as a playable character in the game also, which is great because she's been the most demanded character for the game out of the whole Zelda universe.

So, there's that.

Seems to be a lot of Twilight influence on this game combined with Ocarina of Time.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2014, 12:15:11 PM »
Agitha? like the creepy rich bug girl? Sweet lord this game is crazy. So nobody is off limits? Tingle? Old Man? Demise? Chibi King Hyrule? Tracks( like yeah, just the tracks, not the spirit )

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »
If Agatha is in then Tingle HAS to be in the game. I want to hear "Kuro-Linpa!" when I kill hordes of enemies.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
I hope they make Tingle an unlockable character who's game-breakingly over-powered.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2014, 02:40:33 PM »
When Tingle walks on the field, all enemies run away and kill themselves. All Tingle has to do is walk through the levels to win.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2014, 03:20:20 PM »
Tingle gets more powerful as you collect Rupees but the trade off is that his supers take Rupees to use.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Super Sayian Tingle!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2014, 06:10:06 PM »
How about the Old Man from Zelda 1?

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2014, 02:21:21 PM »
How about the Old Man from Zelda 1?

Offline Triforce Hermit

• This title doesn't make sense.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
A Gorman brother is a must. My expectations are low, but it would be great to have one.
Sometimes, you just want to play a video game.
NNiD: Triforcehermit09

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
As someone who loves Zelda and loves the nods they've given in the gameplay, and someone who hasn't exhausted himself on the Warriors series, I am optimistic for this title. I know the gameplay is repetitive but they seem to have thrown in item-nabbing, boss monsters, and L targeting pretty well. I don't get why people are tagging on the game.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2014, 03:52:58 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Bj_8UkI-0

Lana is love. The finishing pose at the end just goes straight to the heart.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2014, 12:27:26 PM »
Am I the only one annoyed by the title of this thread? :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.