Author Topic: Nintendo World Championships 2015 streaming live now...  (Read 1515 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Nintendo World Championships 2015 streaming live now...
« on: June 14, 2015, 08:09:11 PM »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Nintendo World Championships 2015 streaming live now...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 09:27:04 PM »
That was a lot of fun, especially the Super Mario Maker part. As someone who adores level design, this game is going to suck a lot of hours from my free time.

I think some lowlights were the 9-year-old during Splatoon that I found a tad grating, and the HungryJackBox guy coming across as a little too strong during his taunting.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 10:54:25 PM »
Only caught the Mario Maker bit and it surprised me how much I laughed. It looks incredibly fun. So many weird and unsuspecting things you can do.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »
After watching that, I am 100% sold on Mario Maker turning out to be awesome, hopefully there's a good system for ranking user created levels so that the best are easy to find, a huge supply of crazy levels like they played tonight would be awesome.

Overall, I think the Nintendo World Championships was better than I was expecting.  The announcing was generally not particularly good and the way they broadcasted Splatoon made it difficult to tell what was going on but other than that it was good, I thought they had a good selection of games, mixing new and classic, and ending with wacky levels from Mario Maker that they had never seen before was a great way to end it.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 12:36:34 AM »
Holy crap, that Mario Maker tournament was incredible. That was probably the best way to sell that game. So unexpected and cool.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.