Author Topic: Hyrule Warriors: Ganondorf lives on planet Vegeta  (Read 42745 times)

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Hyrule Warriors: Ganondorf lives on planet Vegeta
« on: May 21, 2014, 07:41:13 PM »
I was low on this game as a simple Dynasty Warriors spin off but Good Lord this game! I'm mobile right now  so I can't link the  New photos but when I get home. I'm not expecting a "real" Zelda game but this is looking most promising! I'm also surprised there isn't already a discussion topic about this here but no worries we'll get that done now.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:28:06 AM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: Hyrule Warriors: This maybe my destiny!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 09:03:51 PM »
I have absolutely no faith in the DW devs.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 09:12:12 PM »

you're welcome

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 09:15:10 PM »
Nor did I my friend but this is co developed by TEAM ninja and supervised by Aonuma himself. I think that legitimizes the title just a bit more. I understand your trepidation, its warranted.

I knew there was a reason I liked you ! So satin!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:16:33 PM »
This game now has two of the worst developers in Japan joining forces: Techmo-Koei and Team Ninja. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!

Granted, the stills look good from a pure graphical standpoint, but at this point I have no faith that this will be any good. I dunno, maybe Aonuma will pull this one out, but it has a lot to prove.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
I can't tell if the first three screenshots are in-game models or not. If they are, that's a marked improvement over what they showed in December.

I was going to say that Shia's excessive cleavage seems out of place in a Zelda game then I remembered Veran from Oracle of Ages. As you were, busty sorceresses.

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 09:32:41 PM »
Also the innkeeper from TP had her knockers in the street.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:29 PM »
Excessive nudity's been around since the Great Fairy in Ocarina, polygonal gozongas or no.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »
Nice to see Ivy has found work after Soul Calibur...

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 11:41:27 PM »
This game now has two of the worst developers in Japan joining forces: Techmo-Koei and Team Ninja. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!

If I know my classic movies, sounds like Nintendo's got a hit on their hands just like Max Bialystock from The Producers. "How could this happen? I was so careful. I picked the wrong play, the wrong director, the wrong cast. Where did I go right?"

Can't believe there isn't a clip of that on Youtube. Way to fail, internet.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 12:00:13 AM »
http://gematsu.com/2014/05/hyrule-warriors-story-detailed-new-screenshots

So according to this translation, the story of the game is Shia was once a good witch who has the hots for Link but because he spends all his time with Zelda, she became jealous which allowed a sealed evil to take over her and that's why she kidnaps Zelda.

Well I guess thats something original for a Zelda game.  Instead of the villain being evil just because they want power, Shia just wants Links cock.  Can't wait to see where in the timeline Aonuma puts this one. :P:
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 12:10:27 AM »
Well I guess thats something original for a Zelda game.  Instead of the villain being evil just because they want power, Shia just wants Links cock.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »
Can't wait to see where in the timeline Aonuma puts this one.
It's in the "Hero Wears a Scarf" split. After Ocarina of Time, Link makes a bold fashion choice so the timeline inexplicably branches off again.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »
I'm looking forward to this.  I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since playing one with a roommate back in about 2006.  Not a series I'd want to play many games of but having not played one in almost ten years and adding in the Zelda world, I'm intrigued.  The screenshots look good, hopefully that's an indication of what the game will actually look like.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 04:55:20 AM »
Well the official Japanese website has opened with lots of new images including full character artwork.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/index.html

Yep, I think we know the parts of the game Team Ninja is responsible for working on.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 10:25:18 AM »
You say "Tits or GTFO", Team Ninja says "Tits".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 10:41:32 AM »
If that's the story I'm going to need a Zelda pick for comparison.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 10:42:44 AM »
You say, "Tits or GTFO", Team Ninja says, "We'll make it a double".

• Tropical Freeze
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »
" ZELDA (2015) is the game we deserve but not the one we need right now. So we'll play Hyrule Warriors because it looks fun. Because sometimes, people just want swords and tits."

Also for some reason I believe Nintendo will attempt to make this game canon in some way. Even if its just a collection of the implied battles through out the Historia. " But there are other legends, long hidden away from memory, that are intertwined with this tale"

The Battle of Hylia & Demise.
The Imprisoning War.
The Civil War of Hyrule
The Unsealed Demon (implied battle 100 years after OOT in the WW intro)

These also allow to play the bad guys since ganon wins at least one version of these battles.

@IAN: If there was a Zelda themed fuel filter for a 1990 Grand Marquis GS I would buy it, even though nobody would ever see it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:31:47 PM by Nile Boogie Returns »

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 12:03:10 PM »
Dynasty Warriors never interested me before and putting in Link and boobs isn't going to convince me otherwise.  I'm not really interested in the Zelda characters because they're not very well developed.  I like Zelda's gameplay and this isn't going to have that.

I thought Soul Calibur II with Link was cool and all but for me the real appeal was Soul Calibur on the Gamecube.  Link being in it was just a bonus.  But if I wasn't already interested, Link wouldn't have sold me on it because Soul Calibur clearly doesn't play like Zelda.  This is the same idea.  If they made a Nintendo themed Candy Crush Saga would you suddenly become interested in that?  Are you a Zelda fan because of the gameplay or because it stars an incredibly generic looking elf character with no personality in some convoluted timeline that makes no sense?

Oh and Link looks kind of like a girl in those screenshots.  He's certainly more "pretty" than usual.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 12:27:42 PM »

If they made a Nintendo themed Candy Crush Saga would you suddenly become interested in that? 

In some cases, sure. You can play regular Tetris or you can play Tetris with Nintendo themes on Nintendo DS. You can play Puyo Puyo on its own with generic anime type characters or you can play it as Kirby's Avalanche with Kirby characters or Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine with Sonic characters. You can play Dance Dance Revolution on its own or you can play it with Mario characters and songs in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.

There's nothing wrong with aesthetic skins on other games. Sure, it might not be a traditional Kirby or Mario game but the game that they have been grafted onto can still be fun and it may be the way to get you to try a series you might not have done so previously. Even if you like the game already on its own, blending it with other elements from another game you like shouldn't make it less fun.

I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game before but then I can't recall it ever being on a Nintendo console before. So, I'm intrigued by it. I'm still not sold on it and would like to see more footage and feedback on it but it has done its job of getting people to notice the game/franchise that might not normally pay attention to it. And with the 3rd party problems of Nintendo being documented, it's probably a smart choice for a 3rd party to graft a Nintendo franchise onto their game as the userbase is clearly more inclined to select or choose games involving Nintendo franchises.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »
You say, "Tits or GTFO", Team Ninja says, "Tits? We're not some serial game developer who would reveal our master stroke if there was any chance of GTFO. We Tits 35 minutes ago."

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »
You can play Dance Dance Revolution on its own or you can play it with Mario characters and songs in Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix.

To be fair that game is a lot different then the other DDR games.  Being a veteran of most DDR games I like Mario Mix quiet a bit for being more laid back and the story mode actually being entertaining.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 02:02:27 PM »
Then more reason to like and list that example. It can also cause the gameplay and game to change up its format a bit to better incorporate the theme its using. With Hyrule Warriors, they've mentioned how they are planning to incorporate Link's spin attack so there is already a sign that this fusion could bring about something interesting or a bit different from a regular Dynasty Warriors game.

It could be likened to the forum Mafia games we play here. Sometimes the games can stay pretty similiar and sometimes the formula can be changed up significantly depending on how people want to incorporate the theme. Plus, some themes can be more popular than others and cause more people to join in and play a round.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 04:57:59 PM »
Are you a Zelda fan because of the gameplay or because it stars an incredibly generic looking elf character with no personality in some convoluted timeline that makes no sense?

Part of the major appeal to the Warrior games is the ability to play as a ton of different characters, each with their own fighting styles and weapons.  As others have said, the Warrior games are pretty much modern day Beat-em-ups and part of the appeal to these games, especially the ones based on license products is being able to play as one of your favorite characters.  Link might not have personality but other characters do and this game will finally allow Zelda fans to play as these other characters in the Zelda universe.