Author Topic: Do buy cheap-ass projectors at Target  (Read 2119 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Do buy cheap-ass projectors at Target
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:01:17 AM »
So, I was in Target today and what do I see?  A projector marked from ~$180 to ~$90.  Figured, what the heck, I'll give it a go (after checking their return policy).  Brought it to my in-laws where my brother-in-law and I went to try it out.  He noticed it was a Texas Instruments DLP projector (I didn't even look at the brand, how lame am I?).  We fired it up (using composite connection, the only other choice was VGA, but we plugged his PS3 in and started TRON Legacy on Blu-Ray).  It's frickin' awesome. Now, I know it's not 1080p Full HD 120 hertz, etc., etc... but it's got pretty awesome picture (even more so considering the first thing I did when I got home was hook it up to my NES and play the original Super Mario Bros.).

Sadly, my house isn't very big (not "wide" enough to get a good distance on any walls).  This thing claims it can give you up to a 100" picture.  Perhaps when it dries up outside, I'll be going to the Walmart parking lot and firing this baby up.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
Re: Do buy cheap-ass projectors at Target
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:04:56 AM »
90 bucks is a steal for any projector...even a shitty one. I think the nicest TV you can buy for 90 bucks is a 15" 720p LCD.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:05:57 AM »
Target is so much better than WalMart...

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:24 AM »
90 bucks is a steal for any projector...even a shitty one. I think the nicest TV you can buy for 90 bucks is a 15" 720p LCD.
Nonono... This is actually a squeal to a previous thread about a $100 projector I bought at a CVS that was horrible.

You know how Sunday Comics used to have this almost "pixelated" dotty-effect?  It was like that, only huge and really, really, really washed out.  It was horrible.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 03:11:22 AM »
Maybe I should have said any texas instruments DLP projectors. If I remember correctly, they are the ones that provide Dell projectors.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 03:17:08 AM »
lol.  Then that's probably a statement I can agree with.

The speakers on this thing are kinda crappy, but hell, I'm either going to have my surround sound at home hooked up or be running it through my car stereo, so whoopie. :D