Author Topic: Sigh no RTX  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Perfect Cell

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« on: March 17, 2003, 07:09:33 PM »
For Shame

Thats disapointing. I really was looking forward to the game. But its good to see Lucasarts will make other stuff hopefully another Factor 5 game

Offline Oogle

• View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 07:57:53 PM »
Only Factor 5 makes Factor 5 games.  LucasArts was just along for the ride.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 10:38:56 PM »
This one of the things I hate about 3rd party developers on Gamecube.
They hype up what is potentially a good game, then just tear it down by cancelling the Gamecube version. It's happened before, it's happened now, it's going to happen again. The public view Gamecube as the console with the least variety. Developers don't want to develop for Gamecube because of this reason, and that their game might not do well on the platform. It's a paradox, and this same thing can be said about Nintendo being 'kiddy' (just replace 'least variety' with 'kiddy').
Also, developers potentially making a game exclusive to Cube, just go on and make for the other two. Like Batman: Dark Tomorrow and The Hobbit.

Thing is, I only depend on NIntendo for my games. If there is a 3rd party game that interests me, then I might consider buying it.
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2003, 03:14:05 AM »
Has Factor 5 made a non star wars game? I cant recall, thats why i said it might be a F5 game. I do agree with you Anakin, thats why im hoping it improves with the coming months, sales wise and software wise.  This Rtx game looked very interesting. Ill have to get it for the PS2 but i was hoping it would have been released on the Cube instead.

Offline theaveng

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2003, 05:02:54 AM »
If you really want to play RTX, just buy a PS2.  What's so difficult about that?  Seems like an obvious solution.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2003, 08:04:49 AM »
whats a ps2 cost these days? unless it was like $20 thats a bit excessive for 1 game, dont be silly theaveng not everyone has cash raining in their backyard. + with the amount of great games coming out this year for gamecube i doubt anyone can spare a single dollar, i know i cant

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 08:22:41 AM »
Honestly, I knew very little about RTX and could really have cared less about the possibility of it coming to GCN.  However, it is dissappointing to see another title drop from the radar screen for GCN.
That being said, I am exited about the possibilities of this new game that LucasArts hinted at.  Maybe they are teaming up with Factor 5 for F5's "secret" project that I'm hoping and expecting to blow me away.  After Rogue Leader I have a developed a deep respect for the magic-makers at Factor 5.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 10:13:16 AM »
Bah, honestly, it doesn't look that much fun to begin with. Wow, trapped on Mars, you have a robotic girl type thing that's ultra horny (True story, every company has gotta include a girl that wants you) and you walk around shooting aliens.

Wow, haven't seen that in a game before! Shooting aliens! WOAH!

Bring back Sam & Max Lucas!

Offline DiggleD44

• View Profile
Sigh no RTX
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2003, 12:06:54 PM »
I was never really looking forward to this game, and i don't think RTX is a major loss. I was planning to rent it though.

-------------------------------------
SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!!!!!!!
MetallicA rules all.