Author Topic: monkeyball 2 in oz  (Read 4326 times)

Offline joeyjojo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« on: March 17, 2003, 01:47:43 PM »
has anyone in australia picked up monkeyball 2 yet? i keep calling up eb and other shops but none of them have received stock yet. its killing me! plus, its way passed the release date. this sucks!
"OMG! I gotz teh powerup guys!"
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Tael

• View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2003, 04:22:08 PM »
"We can never release a game on time, even though all we do is slap stickers on the covers of European games" - GameNation.

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2003, 08:52:33 PM »
sweet! called up a few smaller game stores and found one that had a copy. now my only problem is dividing my time between eternal darkness, RE0 and monkeyball 2.
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Tael

• View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 09:04:40 PM »
Well I ordered a copy online today, because I wasn't going to wait for any stores to have it.

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 09:49:56 PM »
Is Monkey Ball 2 better than Monkey Ball 1?
Wants to play RE0

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »
F**********************************K!!!!!

I was just literally sitting next to my phone (home and mobile) waiting for my call to come get SMB2. I had my reciept, I was dressed, and I had bus money.

It didn't come. I got two calls, though. My ears picked up, and I picked it up before the first ring was out. The first was from my mum to see it I was awake (I had been for four hours) and the other was about chemistry tutoring for my sister.

They gotta ring tomorrow though. But I'll be in Bankstown tomorrow when I come back from Uni.  
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence

Offline joeyjojo

• View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2003, 02:44:06 AM »
well, id have to say that smb2 is a pretty impressive package. i mean, it has a story mode, normal mode, and 8 party games that you can play without having to unlock them, as well as that theres 8 that you will have to unlock. (im sure you already know this from reading about it)
   the new styles of bowling jumped out at me the most when playing the updated party games, even though it was not my favourite in the original.  
  so far i have mixed feelings about the normal mode levels. im sure it will be better when i get to later levels, but at the moment i have done a bunch of levels where, at the start you will have to travel along for a little bit before you get to the actual action, and then youre not really presented with a challenge. this makes me think that they made the level and then thought, "this isnt going to cut it", and added a bit of distance between the starting point and the action to justify the level. but not to fear, i think this is just a different approach for making the beginning levels easy. i have got to some nice and hard levels which have been great.          i cant wait to unlock all the minigames!
   as for resident evil 0, i loving it. the new item system and swapping between players are great additions and work very well. and DAMN, this game is gorgeous man! the only thing that sucks is that after playing resident evil, its not such a scary experience playing RE0. i walk into a room and i just know that something is going to jump out at me. but i havent been playing for THAT long so theres plenty of scares to come i guess. im beginning to feel the intrigue of the story drawing me in. i think im gonna go and play now.
CYA
-rick "powerup" powers

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
monkeyball 2 in oz
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2003, 09:59:03 AM »
Hmm, did you know GameNation are just Ozisoft with a new name? That explains the crappy delays and problems....