Author Topic: Hudson Lets Players Try Lost In Shadow  (Read 1603 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Hudson Lets Players Try Lost In Shadow
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
A flash game lets players experience the title's gameplay ahead of time.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=20868

In an interesting alternative to a playable demo, Hudson Soft has created a flash game that mimics the gameplay of their upcoming Wii game Lost In Shadow.  The game can be accessed from the "Trial" link on the title's official Japanese website.    

Lost In Shadow (known as Tower of Shadow in Japan) has you moving a light source in order to lower and raise the shadows of platforms to allow your character, a boy who is a shadow himself, to reach them.    

Look for Lost In Shadow in the second quarter of 2010.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Hudson Lets Players Try Lost In Shadow
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 06:14:18 PM »
The trial is more like a tutorial that lasts less than one minute. Certainly appears to be a cool game idea, though. I'd like to play an actual demo -- anyone know if this is WiiWare or a disc game?
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 06:16:25 PM »
Calling that thing a "demo" is being extraordinarily kind.  You can easily clear it in 30 seconds.  The things companies have to do because Nintendo is so frickin' antiquated when it comes to (many things, but especially) online...

And I believe it's a WiiWare game, Jonny.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:31:52 PM »
The trial is more like a tutorial that lasts less than one minute. Certainly appears to be a cool game idea, though. I'd like to play an actual demo -- anyone know if this is WiiWare or a disc game?

Last we heard in the thread we have on this game is that it was actually a retail game. I have no idea if that has changed.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »

Last we heard in the thread we have on this game is that it was actually a retail game. I have no idea if that has changed.

I just double-checked Gametrailers and IGN, and they seem to agree with you.  Funny...I saw a preview for this in Game Informer a few months back and they had it pegged for WiiWare.  I wonder if it upgraded to retail during development.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.