Author Topic: Nintendo of America Rep: No Plans for Virtual Console  (Read 55177 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Nintendo of America Rep: No Plans for Virtual Console
« on: July 13, 2014, 01:40:24 AM »
A NOA rep says there are currently to release new games on the North American eshop for the Wii U Virtual Console.

This assertion came in response to a question posed to him via Twitter. Despite the bad news, he did give a bit of hope by encouraging the inquiry’s author to put requests for new virtual console games on your Club Nintendo surveys. However he has yet to respond to questions on whether or not anyone actually reads those.

As for Nintendo's other Virtual Console efforts we have various NES games being brought to the 3DS because that makes sense. We also have a nice variety of games being released in Japan and a fair number of those being brought to Europe. However please note that new releases on the VC are in no way based on sales, demand, or any other form of logic.

Re: Nintendo of America Rep: No Plans for Virtual Console
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
I used to think that Nintendo was being foolish with how they handled their Virtual Console releases then I did some research into XBLA and PSN and Nintendo has both of them beat in terms of quality classics on their digital service, unless you count HD remakes of PS2/Dreamcast games as quality releases, even still most of those get retail releases anyways.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 10:50:57 PM by marvel_moviefan_2012 »
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:26:20 PM »
...what? The PSN has a fantastic backlog of both PS1 and PS2 classics. Compare them to the Wii U's Virtual Console and it's just a joke. The Wii U VC has almost nothing worthwhile.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 11:43:37 PM »
I own more Wii U VC games than I do PSone Classics, but that's probably because the biggest strength of Sony's service is probably JRPGs, a genre I largely don't care about. But I think he may have been talking more about the quality of emulation than the breadth of the library, and I'm definitely with him there. There's some truly awful emulation on Sony's platform. Not in most games, but in enough that it's a problem.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 10:22:31 PM »
Made you look ****.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:39:05 PM »
A NOA rep says there are currently to release new games on the North American eshop for the Wii U Virtual Console.

This assertion came in response to a question posed to him via Twitter. Despite the bad news, he did give a bit of hope by encouraging the inquiry’s author to put requests for new virtual console games on your Club Nintendo surveys. However he has yet to respond to questions on whether or not anyone actually reads those.

As for Nintendo's other Virtual Console efforts we have various NES games being brought to the 3DS because that makes sense. We also have a nice variety of games being released in Japan and a fair number of those being brought to Europe. However please note that new releases on the VC are in no way based on sales, demand, or any other form of logic.

You messed up the first sentence of the news story. How do you do that??!  :confused;
 :P:
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 10:50:19 PM »
I own more Wii U VC games than I do PSone Classics, but that's probably because the biggest strength of Sony's service is probably JRPGs, a genre I largely don't care about. But I think he may have been talking more about the quality of emulation than the breadth of the library, and I'm definitely with him there. There's some truly awful emulation on Sony's platform. Not in most games, but in enough that it's a problem.

um no I thought this was the fun house. I was being a prick as per usual.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 12:31:34 AM »

You messed up the first sentence of the news story. How do you do that??!  :confused;

Even better, he used that as an example of why NWR should hire him! As shown here:

Ok. Serious talk, can I just get a gig on the full site as 'that guy who occasionally submits satirical stuff just making fun of stuff that's going on with Nintendo because I think i've proven to have some fairly decent ideas that with a little fine tuning could help add a touch of whimsy to NWR.

I wonder why nothing came of that........
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »

Even better, he used that as an example of why NWR should hire him! As shown here:

Ok. Serious talk, can I just get a gig on the full site as 'that guy who occasionally submits satirical stuff just making fun of stuff that's going on with Nintendo because I think i've proven to have some fairly decent ideas that with a little fine tuning could help add a touch of whimsy to NWR.

I wonder why nothing came of that........
there's a specific reason why I added the stipulation 'with some fine tuning'.

part of the joke on this article is how closely I based it on another article on Nintendo World Report. Heck full disclosure, the first paragraph is literally copy/pasted from the actual story followed by me selecting text I want to replace.

I honestly don't do much proofreading for these things because
A: I'm doing this stuff for fun,
B: It's the funhouse. There are no standards.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:59:13 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 12:42:34 AM »
I'd hire him. Pokepal, do you want a job?

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 10:02:33 AM »
You can write for my blog, nobody reads it and the pay doesn't exist but you get the distinction of working for a known asshole and that looks good on a resume.