Author Topic: WarioWare Gold Hits 3DS on August 3rd  (Read 1326 times)

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
WarioWare Gold Hits 3DS on August 3rd
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:04:00 AM »

The latest microgame collection will be the largest yet in the series.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46628/warioware-gold-hits-3ds-on-august-3rd

WarioWare Gold, the latest in the WarioWare microgame line of titles, is coming to the 3DS. It will be contain around 300 microgames (quick minigames where you have to suss the game's controls and purpose in seconds), making it the biggest entry in the series. The game will use the 3DS touch screen, gyro controls, and even the microphone. It will also be the first time in the franchise that characters will be fully voiced.

As revealed on the latest Nintendo Direct, the game is slated for release on August 3rd.

Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: WarioWare Gold Hits 3DS on August 3rd
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:46:43 PM »
I have very limited experience with the WarioWare games. I think I played the demo to the first GBA game and that is it.    I may try this out.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 01:01:54 AM »
It looks to be a summation of the series along with new stuff. I see microgames I recognize from the first 3 games along with new ones mixed in. The only title they may exclude things from is Smooth Moves depending on the games which relied on the Wiimote motion controls although having the gyroscope controls might allow them to work with a slight tweak. The 3DS can do everything the original version did, what Twisted did thanks to the gyro controls and what Touched and D.I.Y. did on the DS. So, I'm glad that they are realizing the amount of different controls and commands or playstyles can be done with the DS and are incorporating them all like this instead of the sort of themed or demo like experiences normally put out by the series. Sadly, this may be the biggest 3DS game getting released this year that I'm excited about but maybe E3 will pull off a big surprise reveal like Samus Returns last year.

Also, you should really give the WarioWare series a shot, especially the first game (although I did like Twisted a lot and recommended it as a title for NWR's Hall of Fame but it's a bit harder to get a hold of. Speaking of the Hall, anyone know when they were going to announce the next inductees?)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »
Low-key the best news from the Nintendo Direct.  I love the GBA version I have from the Ambassador's program, but I'll buy-in no problem on this even if it's just a "greatest hits" from the series. 

Great mobile game.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 12:52:46 PM »
While I like the ones I've played, I feel like I already have enough of this series and don't need any sort of "greatest-hits" package.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 08:41:51 PM »
I will buy this. WarioWare is a lot of fun