Author Topic: What the Hell?  (Read 18919 times)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: What the Hell?
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 02:17:36 AM »
WE GOT MORE ADS IN THE THREAD ITSELF HOORAY

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »
We're looking into the black bar thing. Sorry about that.

Also, we're trying to strike a balance with the box ads.

I don't love ads that much either, guys, but they kind of make the site go 'round.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 10:39:36 PM »
Why not use a banner size rather than a box in the threads? Is the click through rate that much lower?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 04:15:18 AM »
The bottom ad should only appear once every 24 hours (as opposed to every page like it was before). Once you close it, it won't bother you for another 24 hours.

This used to be the case, but I'm seeing it everytime I change threads.  Do I need to change some settings?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
As far as being on mobile, the floating black bar only shows up in landscape mode.

If I hold my phone vertically, no black bar, all is fine except the print is really small and I have to scroll left and right.
So i hold it horizontally, and then the black bar shows up.... blocking me from usually reading/accessing the the first topic that isn't stickied.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
The bottom ad should only appear once every 24 hours (as opposed to every page like it was before). Once you close it, it won't bother you for another 24 hours.

This used to be the case, but I'm seeing it everytime I change threads.  Do I need to change some settings?

Seriously on some computers I only have to close it once per day, but on my computer at home I am constantly having to close that damn ad at the bottom.  Is there some setting someone can tell me about so it can detect I've been advertized to already?  I've enabled cookies on this site and allowed pop ups and all that already and it hasn't worked.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2011, 04:36:22 AM »
yeesh I come back after wayy to long and the forums are more ad than most download sites. yuck
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.