Author Topic: RFN Live: The Recording (Part 3)  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Yoshidious

• Silent Partner
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
RFN Live: The Recording (Part 3)
« on: December 11, 2010, 11:02:45 PM »

If you missed our epic live charity telethon, don't worry! We recorded the whole thing for you -- all 6.5 hours!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/24530

Note: This is part three of three.

On Saturday, December 4th, 2010, the staff of Nintendo World Report hosted a live telethon-style audio broadcast based on the format of our Radio Free Nintendo podcast. The goal was to raise money for a wonderful charity called Child's Play. (Our donation drive is over now, but you can still contribute to this great organization all year long by visiting the official Child's Play website.) In case you missed the live event, or if you were there and want to relive the glory on your computer or MP3 player, we now present a complete recording of the event (with much thanks to Karl Castaneda for managing the recording and post-production on these files). The event ran for over six hours, but we have split the recording into three segments of about two hours each. As you'll hear Karl explain, the audio quality and overall tightness isn't nearly the same as you've come to expect from RFN, but the live format offers many of its own charms and opportunities instead. We hope you enjoy it, and thanks again to everyone who donated and helped to make this awesome event so successful!

Greg Leahy
Former RFN Editor

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Re: RFN Live: The Recording (Part 3)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:18:08 AM »
I'm super-glad that my prize donations went over so well.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Child's Play is a great charity and y'all rock for supporting it!  I'm surprised no one wanted the FlingSmash plushie...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 12:41:22 AM »
I am ashamed that I did not phone during the podcast.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline leroypantweather

• Score: -6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 01:35:53 AM »
karl's fav snes game is hilarious

Offline Scatt-Man

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:46:45 PM »
I was eyeing off that plushie, UncleBob, but couldn't skype in due to a mixture of shyness and a bad case of brother sleeping in my room. That and I got all of the Radio Trivia questions wrong...WRONG! Big thanks for the recording, guys.

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 11:25:09 PM »
I'm still stunned that no one* guessed FF IV...

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 10:28:28 AM »
Me, too...actually.  I missed this part of the Live show.  The two other people that were actually in my office that Saturday would have heard me shouting if I had been here. :P
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 10:35:06 AM »
Glad you guys enjoyed the Radio Trivia segment of the show!
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 11:12:25 AM »
I did.  I caught the last few songs, and I even wanted to try to participate in the live call-in segments since I had to work all day that Saturday.  Turned out that our network I was working from has Skype completely blocked.  Ah, well.  It was still fun to listen to the show in the background.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline anand

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
I would've taken the plushie, but I thought they were all gone. Props to UncleBob for the WiiWare game, though.

Also, I am hereby striking the words "like" and "y'know" from my vocabulary. UGH.