Author Topic: Kirby's Air Ride Details  (Read 2350 times)

Kirby's Air Ride Details
« on: April 18, 2003, 04:38:23 AM »
Find out how HAL's upcoming racer will play.

The latest issue of Famitsu reveals gameplay info about Kirby’s Air Ride for GameCube.  The game is currently 70% complete and is scheduled for release in Japan this summer.  Up to four players can compete in the racing game, developed by HAL, Nintendo's oldest second-party.

Following the philosophy of Smash Brothers, the controls are extremely simple (analog stick and A button), so anyone can learn to play the game.  The player will control Kirby on his warp star with the analog stick; acceleration is automatic.  When the A button is pressed, Kirby will push the warp star to the ground to slow down.  However, as you brake, your warp star charges up, allowing you to perform a charge dash when you release the button.  When there are enemies, the A button activates Kirby's copy ability, allowing you to suck up enemies and use their attacks.  Depending on the situation, different combinations of the analog stick and A button perform various tricks.

The images suggest that there are at least two types of multiplayer games: a battle mode and a racing mode.

Stayed tuned for more info.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride Details
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 04:52:59 AM »
...so much for the theory that kirby's air ride was mario kart in disguise...
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline reyontoyeny

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride Details
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 11:57:30 AM »
I always thought Kirby riding a warp star would make a neat racer.

Offline Sir Kero

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride Details
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 12:02:13 PM »
Ever since that demm N64 demo, I've been tormented every time I see an 18-wheeler "Air-Ride Equipped"...

Offline SirX-Wolf

• View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride Details
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2003, 01:42:10 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to this. Kirby games are always fun.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Kirby's Air Ride Details
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 08:58:15 PM »
i checked the images over at the magic box, and it seems that Kirby can dress as Link, with the green and gold hat and holding up the master sword....sweet!