Author Topic: Episode 616: Waluigi's Russian Troll Farm  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile
Episode 616: Waluigi's Russian Troll Farm
« on: March 31, 2019, 08:30:01 AM »

If you've been one of those smarks who thinks it's funny to advocate for a Waluigi game, you've now got an out to drop your gimmick.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/50138/episode-616-waluigis-russian-troll-farm

Jon is out wining and dining his social circle of elites, and without time to rummage up a guest this week's episode is a trio. Never being content with a single deviation from the norm, we also decided to start the show with Listener Mail. This week we: name the game nobody but us wants, identify missing pieces of Nintendo lore, pick some Xbox games for Switch, create Spirit Battles, and determine the relative value of ports and new games in the Switch's line-up. That's five emails! You can create RFN lore by sending us an email.

After the break, Gui and Greg have New Business. Guillaume harasses fish with the demo of Umihara Kawase Fresh!, and hits Top Gear in Horizon Chase Turbo. Greg then hops in the S.O.P.H.I.A. with Blaster Master Zero 2.

It's time for our next RetroActive poll! This time we're looking at a mix of 2D Zelda-likes and 2D Zeldas. Our candidates are:

Don't Sue Us Category

Game: Crystalis (1990)
Platform: NES (with a Game Boy Color remake)
Developer: SNK
Availability: SNK 40th Anniversary Collection
Best Out-of-Context Marketing Quote: "...SNK never really pursued the action-RPG genre, and wouldn't release another for many more years."

Game: Neutopia II (1992)
Platform: TurboGrafix-16
Developer: Hudson Soft
Availability: Wii U Virtual Console
Best Out-of-Context Marketing Quote: "Make your way through the field, which can be tricky at times..."

Game: Landstalker (1993)
Platform: Sega Genesis/Master System
Developer: Climax Entertainment
Availability: Sega Genesis Classics
Best Out-of-Context Marketing Quote: "Incredible 3-D graphics created by the all new Diamond Dimension System."

Us Category

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (2001)
Platform: Game Boy Color
Developer: Flagship
Availability: 3DS Virtual Console and 3DS Virtual Console
Best Out-of-Context Marketing Quote: "Transcend the very fabric of time..."

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Platform: Nintendo DS
Developer: Nintendo EAD
Availability: Wii U Virtual Console
Best Out-of-Context Marketing Quote: "Spirit Tracks have long protected the kingdom from evil."

You can cast your votes here. Voting closes when we record Episode 618 on the evening of April 11.

Brigade the voting and I'll bury you so deep in TubTimeâ„¢ that Davy Jones won't find you.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline CDavis7M

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 616: Waluigi's Russian Troll Farm
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:34:03 AM »
Spirit Tracks is not the best Zelda, or even my favorite, but it is the one that I'm the most fond of. You get to have a lot of interaction with Zelda, which really hadn't been done before. And while the Spirit Engine/Train is obviously on rails instead of free-roam as in Phantom Hourglass, I think driving the train is relaxing and I love the music. Speaking of that, the spirit instruments were a little difficult to control, especially the duet, but I had fun and haven't seen that in any other game. Plus, Spirit Tracks had many small improvements over Phantom Hourglass. And Engineer Link is my favorite Link outfit. You wear it in the intro but you can earn it again later on. Anyway, Spirit Tracks is my vote.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: Episode 616: Waluigi's Russian Troll Farm
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 02:20:01 PM »
Greg's question about how Peach ended up that way was the subject of an episode of Game Theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYO3WBZPDqQ

I thought about that when he mentioned it.

Also, kudos to getting the show title in the first part of the first segment (intro excluded).
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.