Author Topic: Episode 614: James Jones, God Rest His Soul  (Read 1164 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 614: James Jones, God Rest His Soul
« on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:41 AM »

After conferring with its medical staff, RFN was not able to clear James Jones for this episode. Fortunately, Jon steps in to host with Syrenne as a guest and absolutely nothing goes wrong. Nope, nothing at all...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/49982/episode-614-james-jones-god-rest-his-soul

James lost his voice, so Jon takes the reigns of this week's RFN. Stepping in to take James' place is none other than friend of the podcast and all-around rabblerouser Syrenne McNulty. New Business gets predictably anime right off the bat as she looks at a series of STEINS;GATE games, Catherine: Full Body, Ace Attorney Trilogy, and Kingdom Hearts III. Following a series of awkward silences and uncomfortable grunts from the group, Gui wraps up his thoughts on Anodyne and gives us a quick take on twin-stick shooter Assault Android Cactus. Greg then takes a look at retro platformer Kero Blaster, and Jon finishes up with a platformer of his own, the beautiful GRIS.

Listener mail gives us a trio of interesting questions including which games we feel show "what Nintendo is all about", what's next for Capcom on Switch, and why Switch game prices are so high versus their counterparts on other consoles. You can pay a premium in more ways than one by dropping an email in our inbox.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 614: James Jones, God Rest His Soul
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 05:22:15 PM »
Woof, the Catherine reboot?remake? sounds like a lot of hot garbage. Atlus should just leave it unlocalised in my opinion, that should be the result of retroactively(?) cramming in obviously hateful material - no sales.
I suppose they could take a blunt axe to the game and just cut everything out even if it leaves obvious gaping chunks, but there's no winning the inevitable "but muh artistic vision! censorship!" outcry. Just cancel the Western releases altogether, make creators and companies feel direct results for propagating hateful messages.