Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Dimensions?

(1/3) > >>

Zach:
The new DS looks really cool, and now that it is finalized, I was wondering if anybody could tell me the exact dimensions of the system, or at least give me an idea of how big it will be.

kirby_killer_dedede:
In the latest and most hated as of late issue of EGM the Nintendo Bashers, they have a "lifesize" pic of the old one.  I'm sure next months will include the new DS.

Blackknight131:
Dedede points out a good reference. Even if you do have that handy however, remember that this new DS redesign is not as deep (its actually quite a bit thinner) and that the length of it is roughly unchanged.
About the size of a Gameboy Advance Old Skool style, I would say, but a little taller, and oppositely concave due to the smaller top portion of the unit.  

Renny:
If my calculations are correct [they're likely as off as the DS's angle in the picture] it's about 5.85 inches wide and 1.75 inches thick. The width should be pretty much dead on, and that thickness is a maximum figure; it ought to be between 1.5/1.75 anyway. It still isn't close to the 1" mark of the SP.

Blackknight131:
I almost choked on my water when I read the 1.75 approximation!
That'll leave stretch marks in my pocket...but no, assuming the top half is roughly equivalent to the half inch of the SP's display....looking at the picture, the base does indeed look near twice the thickness of the top half. So, 1.5 inches.

Wow, what the hell was the point of this post if I just repeated the results of the previous?
Oh well, faster to hit send then delete all that.

IGoToMyCornerNow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version