Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming

Master Quest Glitches, Oddities, Secrets

(1/2) > >>

Rebelscum:
Well, I was wondering if anyone has found any glitches or such in either Ocarina of Time or Master Quest on the bonus disk.  I remember the crroked cartridge, swordless Link, and a few others for Ocarina of Time on N64 and was wondering if anyone has found something similar.....or if Nintendo has done anything with that hole in Zora's Domain (Haven't gotten that far in Master Quest, got it last Friday but haven't gotten to spend much time on it).

Currently, I have found one glitch in MQ.  This one happened when you actually entered the castle (not when you got on the other side of the gate, but when you crawled through the hole).  The first time I entered, it showed a dead on view LInk crawling through the hole (not the kind of top down view as usual) and a feet feet away from the camera were two gurads.  No matter how I tried it, I could not get passed them and I kept getting kicked out.  Every time I re-entered, it was the same way.  Well, after about 5 or 6 attempts, I got fed up, saved it and quit.  Well, the other day, I went back and guess what, it's exactly the same as it was in OoT.  I wish I would have known that it wasn't supposed to be like that because I would have hooked it up to my VCR, recorded it, and got a friend to convert it on his computer and upload it.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

couchmonkey:
This happens if you try to enter the castle at night.  I guess Nintendo didn't think it would be normal for people to visit Princess Zelda at 3:00 AM.

Rebelscum:
funny thing was, it was daytime.  the chicken had just hatched and i got the fat dude (can't think of his name ATM) out of the way and moved the crates.

mouse_clicker:
That "hole" in Zora's Domain is there for a reason, kind of. In the original version of Ocarina of Time, there was a place called the Unicorn Fountain where Link got an upgrade to his sword that let him do wave attacks (basically a newer version of the beam attack in past Zelda games). This fountain was located where you see those trees in the lake behind Zora's Domain (where Lord Jabu Jabu is). You got to it through that hole you're talking about. When they removed it from the game, apparently they didn't do that good of a job of patching it up. I believe there's also an invisible golden skulltula up there, as well.

little mac:
I finished the water temple and went back for gold skulltula's and after entering every room in the temple I found an extra small key.  I don't thinks it's for any door since I've been in every room so is it there just to be there or is it used for anything?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version