Author Topic: Year of Luigi Ending March 18  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Aaron Brown

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Year of Luigi Ending March 18
« on: February 18, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »

Better to have Luigi’d and lost, than to never have Luigi’d at all.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/36620/year-of-luigi-ending-march-18

There will be one more month of celebration for the green-hatted hero according to a Miiverse message from Shigeru Miyamoto posted earlier today. “...All good things must come to an end, and the Year of Luigi will conclude on March 18,” he wrote.

Miyamoto initially thanked everyone for their support in being able to release so many Luigi games during the year. He then went on to announce that on March 18, fans will no longer be able to post or comment within the Year of Luigi Community on Miiverse.

Comments were then welcomed as a means to bring closure to the celebratory year.

The Year of Luigi marked the 30th anniversary for Luigi’s debut and officially started last year on February 14, making the Year of Luigi a bit longer than a standard year. During his time to shine, Nintendo prominently showcased Luigi in not only video games, but also his very own themed 3DS XL.

Nintendo has not yet revealed if another honorary year is in store once the Year of Luigi concludes. Any guesses? Let us know in the comments.

Aaron R. Brown
Previews Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Year of the Luigi Ending March 18
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 10:11:56 AM »
How about the year of Peach. A year celebrating Peach being kidnapped constantly.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:01:13 PM »
Doesn't it figure that Luigi gets his own year and it ends up being one of the most disastrous ones Nintendo ever had.  It's like he's fated to be the lesser brother.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »
Well, Luigi is the Bro in Green. It's only fair that they extend his festivities to St. Paddy's Day.

Have a Guinness on me Luigi!
Gouge away.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 06:59:58 PM »
I wonder if they'll release one last Luigi game on March 18.

I still want the Paper Luigi story from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door to be a thing.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 09:31:54 PM »
Year of Mrgrgr.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.