Author Topic: Need advice/help about Virtual transfer  (Read 2491 times)

Offline mysticgohan

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Need advice/help about Virtual transfer
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
Ok guys I need your help, I had a Wii that I gave to my friend who I live with. I have VC and Wiiware games on it, what I want to know, is... can I have her delete her games, so I can transfer my games over to the Wii U, while she retains the game she bought with Wii points? is this possible? She can redownload the games correct?

Hope someone can pitch in.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: Need advice/help about Virtual transfer
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »
Wii Shop Accounts are tied to a system. Once you transfer the games to a Wii U, they are gone from that Wii (as the license is transferred to the Wii U). Effectively it wipes all Wii Shop activity from the Wii, so your friend would have to buy the games all over again.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline mysticgohan

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:58:32 PM »
awww, will I get a discount if I buy them on Wii U's Virtual console? seeing that there all tied to my nintendo club account.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 06:06:31 PM »
Prices will be the same on the Wii U, though Nintendo will let you pay a fee to upgrade them (which will add features like Off-Screen play on the GamePad, Miiverse support, etc.). Right now only NES and SNES games are announced, with NES games costing $1 each to upgrade and SNES games being $1.50
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 08:32:29 PM »
I would imagine the upgrade pricing will be limited to games you've transferred to your Wii U, not Club Nintendo, so if you can't transfer them you probably won't be able to get upgrade pricing.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent