Author Topic: Monster Hunter XX Announced For Switch  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Monster Hunter XX Announced For Switch
« on: May 25, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »

Capcom reconfirms their commitment to Switch with their biggest gun.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/44691/monster-hunter-xx-announced-for-switch

One of Japan's biggest franchises is making the jump to Japan's hottest dedicated gaming device.

Capcom has announced that Monster Hunter XX will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, though no release date has been given. The game has sold over 1.5m copies on 3DS to date according to Media Create, despite launching in Japan the week after the Switch did.

The announcement webpage indicates that more information will be forthcoming at the "Monster Hunter Championships 2017" event in Japan on Saturday.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Monster Hunter XX Announced For Switch
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:11 PM »
Pretty excited for this.  It has been a while since this series has been on an home console. Last one in the west for a home console was MH3U on the Wii U in 2013. I will have to grab a Switch if this announced for the west.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 01:06:07 AM »
I called it! I so called it! People doubted me, but I saw the signs! Super stoked.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 01:36:29 AM »
Yeah, okay.

I hope it looks great with the more powerful hardware. I would be a disappointment if it was some quick-and-dirty up-rez.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 02:59:11 PM »
I'm glad to see this simply because there were rumblings that Capcom was going to use Ultra Street Fighter II as a barometer for whether or not they should support the Switch.  Considering how overpriced that game is that was going to be a poison pill on par with Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U.  But this WILL sell so Capcom will be doing a better "test" of the Switch market.

Though the Switch is selling well enough that a third party being quick to abandon it doesn't make any sense.  The Wii U was on shaky ground from the start.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 04:42:09 PM »
I hope it looks great with the more powerful hardware. It would be a disappointment if it were some quick-and-dirty up-rez.
Considering that Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on Wii U was a quick 'n dirty up-rez, I think that's what we can expect from this, especially if there is cross-play like MH3U had between Wii U and 3DS.

I called it! I so called it! People doubted me, but I saw the signs! Super stoked.
Who doubted it...?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:19:15 PM »
Who doubted it...?

Just some people on reddit. Every time I posted about how it was inevitable someone would pooh-pooh me and dismiss the proof that had been appearing online. That and I bet money in the pool on it happening for E3. So I've had two predictions be correct. Just wanted to revel in something nice in life, no matter how small a victory it was.
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 11:16:12 PM »
August 25th! It is releasing August 25th in Japan!

The presentation is going on right now in Japan. Gaijin Hunter is live tweeting updates.

Hopefully this means a pretty quick turnaround for the West.
My Game Collection

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »
I'm glad to see this simply because there were rumblings that Capcom was going to use Ultra Street Fighter II as a barometer for whether or not they should support the Switch.  Considering how overpriced that game is that was going to be a poison pill on par with Mass Effect 3 on the Wii U.  But this WILL sell so Capcom will be doing a better "test" of the Switch market.

I saw some tweets about that.  But the NeoGAF post cited as the source said "how" and not "if".
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.