Author Topic: Game Over: One final rant...  (Read 157343 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over: One final rant...
« Reply #100 on: January 25, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »
If you guys want a testament to how this site still has heart and is still a good place, just look at this thread. People are freely expressing their opinions both pro and con without getting overly nasty. It shows people still care and I doubt many places could have such a free wielding and respectful thread like this.

And that is Bills legacy here...
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #101 on: January 25, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »
I agree Golden but why did Bill have to leave so that we are acting nice and respectful.It shouldn't of come to this.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 25, 2009, 08:34:09 PM »
I agree Golden but why did Bill have to leave so that we are acting nice and respectful.It shouldn't of come to this.

I think it was already moving towards that direction because of the moderators here. But I do think this thread helped to bring to light people's frustrations which can be a good thing in the long term.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2009, 08:44:56 PM »

I think it was already moving towards that direction because of the moderators here. But I do think this thread helped to bring to light people's frustrations which can be a good thing in the long term.
Well I agree.At the beginning of the thread I was more angry than sad.I'm still sad alot but the anger has mostly subsided.
Hopefully this kind and respectful tone can spread to the rest of the forum.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #104 on: January 25, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=22621.0

Pap I think your hypocrite insult is buried in this nasty thread that I hate to bring up again. Pale hated me for a LONG time after this. Now this is a time where we all acted stupid and probably should have all been banned. :)

I read the whole thing and this wasn't it (unless I missed it). The discussion was about how I thought Melee was rushed and showed some warts and everyone disagreeing with me. It definitely got out of hand, and I didn't help either.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2009, 09:00:01 PM »
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=22621.0

Pap I think your hypocrite insult is buried in this nasty thread that I hate to bring up again. Pale hated me for a LONG time after this. Now this is a time where we all acted stupid and probably should have all been banned. :)

I read the whole thing and this wasn't it (unless I missed it). The discussion was about how I thought Melee was rushed and showed some warts and everyone disagreeing with me. It definitely got out of hand, and I didn't help either.

Good times.  :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:05:18 PM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2009, 09:04:16 PM »
I have a small request could someone sticky this as a reminder to be respectful of one another and the consequences of not doing so.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2009, 09:08:43 PM »
God, I feel like I'm in kindergarten.

What have you done, BILL!
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2009, 09:13:14 PM »
Stogi it wasn't really Bills fault.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2009, 09:15:39 PM »
Good bye Bill.:'(
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2009, 12:06:07 AM »
Maxi sent me a PM about his earlier comment and instead of replying to him, I wanted to reply to everyone.

Stogi my comment about stickying Bill's topic came of as condisending.I just want people to get along and be nice to each other. That wasn't a good idea.Stickying the thread.

The idea was fine. I'm more concerned about everyone's new idea for the forums. As a long time poster, I have said and done many despicable things for the sake of hilarity. For instance, I'd make fun of Bill by saying his fantasy was to have Link break into his house and rape him.....,,,over and over again. It's been such a long running joke that I honestly can't remember the first time I made it up. That, by what maybe our new standards, is completely unacceptable and that makes me frightened by the future.

I remember way back when, when I used my original handle, how great these forums were. People would mock each other, clown each other, and generally disrespect each other entirely; but when it came down to a discussion, we enlightened each other; inspired each other. I don't think that core has left, but faded. All we need is some more discussions and more personality so when one poster says something horrid, it'll be taken as a joke rather than an insult.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2009, 12:08:23 AM »
No comment.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2009, 12:15:57 AM »
Well I personally think that joking around is fine.I just wish we had more conversations about games.Not about all these other things like 3rd party support and casual vs hardcore.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2009, 12:21:42 AM »
Well you can blame Nintendo for that. Their new policy of releasing information is stifling conversations. There's no anticipation threads.

Remember when Brawl had the daily blog? There will never be anything like that again.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2009, 12:23:10 AM »
Well I personally think that joking around is fine.I just wish we had more conversations about games.Not about all these other things like 3rd party support and casual vs hardcore.

Also I think this "joking" around is not always the case. It seems to be an explanation that people are giving to defend personal attacks that appear to be anything BUT joking around. I'm sorry but calling someone a dense moron isn't funny, and even in context didn't even come across as "joking" around.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2009, 12:26:27 AM »
You've never called a friend an idiot or jackass? Obviously Ian was taking the whole title of the game too seriously. Calling him a "dense moron" for not realizing the blatant joke is definitely a joke.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2009, 12:29:07 AM »
You've never called a friend an idiot or jackass? Obviously Ian was taking the whole title of the game too seriously. Calling him a "dense moron" for not realizing the blatant joke is definitely a joke.

So now Ian is a friend? Seems people hate him here which puts even more credibility behind the fact it was not a joke. It would be like me openly insulting a forum member here that I've had contempt for, calling them a blithering idiot in a thread. You usually do not "joke" with people who you dislike, that is why things like racial slurs tend to be "OK" amongst friends but if a stranger does it or you direct it at someone who you greatly dislike, it turns into a personal insult.  It was totally inappropriate and I felt it was justified (yes I was one of those that reported it) to call it what it was which was insult to a member on the boards that Mario amongst others did not like. Maybe the boards can improve when people actually admit that there have been lines that have been crossed into blatantly trying to defend everything as a "joke".

Ian has been constantly insulted and harassed, there is no love loss between him and individuals like Mario, so yes it is an insult. Now if Mario was saying that about Bill, I'd MAYBE agree, but I doubt he would say that to a friend and that is my whole point. When you insult someone you have contempt for, that is a personal attack.

P.S. Though for the record I never call my friends idiots or jackasses.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:41:56 AM by GoldenPhoenix »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2009, 12:32:39 AM »
Sigh...
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2009, 12:41:19 AM »
Double sigh....

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »
That isn't right.

So what are the mods gonna do about this situation with Ian,Bill,Mario?

Nothing. Ian will continue to drive members away from the forum like he has for the past... six years or so? I can't remember when he started his Ctrl+C Ctrl+V trolling act of posting the exact same garbage in every thread for the sole purpose of baiting other members and destroying any potential relevant conversation. Maybe he'll become a mod!

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2009, 12:48:13 AM »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2009, 12:51:48 AM »
If things don't improve I might just leave.I'm tired of it all.I might feel differently in the next few days but at this time I'm tired of it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2009, 01:15:50 AM »

right-click + save-as

I remember way back when, when I used my original handle, how great these forums were. People would mock each other, clown each other, and generally disrespect each other entirely; but when it came down to a discussion, we enlightened each other; inspired each other. I don't think that core has left, but faded. All we need is some more discussions and more personality so when one poster says something horrid, it'll be taken as a joke rather than an insult.

I get what you're saying actually. No one's called me a third-party plant or Cry-On in a VERY long time. I miss it.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2009, 01:18:37 AM »
I was called a MS plant. How things have changed, now I'm a anti-HD gaming plant!