Author Topic: What is your most recent gaming purchase?  (Read 760058 times)

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: What is your most recent gaming purchase?
« Reply #2125 on: July 06, 2017, 08:03:34 PM »
Got Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy last Friday, but have yet to try it yet. Haven't played the original trilogy before despite having a PS1 and later getting the games for my brother.

Today I purchased and downloaded Kirby's Blowout Blast and Implosion: Never Lose Hope.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 20, 2017, 09:08:12 PM »
Pretty happy about a purchase today: Captain Toad (Wii U) had always interested me, but was never something I managed to pick up.

When the Toad Amiibo wasn't available that kind of sucked. (Sure, I know the added functionality wasn't huge... but it was a cool bonus.) When the game was sitting at $50 for a long time and didn't seem to get any price drop, it seemed hard to justify. (Sure, it looks charming... but charming isn't the same as compelling.)

That changed today though. I found an old copy of the game+amiibo set for just $10 at a local Walmart. I'd heard the game was being blown out at clearance pricing elsewhere, but it was still marked at original price on the shelf. Requesting a quick price check paid off though.

Putting this away until Christmas for the kids, but think it's a great find.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2127 on: July 20, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »
I've heard Walmart is clearing out Wii U stuff, but haven't been able to score in that fashion yet.

For whatever reason, a Bayonetta (P1) amiibo shipped today but the rest of the bunch didn't. My witchy waifu will land with a copy of Splatoon 2 and... Fate/Extella. What the hell have I gotten myself into with that last one?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 21, 2017, 12:51:52 AM »
Amazon charged me for Splatoon 2 yesterday so I'll get that sometime today. Also, I pre-ordered Axiom Verge: Multiverse Edition on Switch. Yes, give me all the indie Metroidvanias.

I just heard about Blasphemous today. If The Game Kitchen offered a physical version, I probably would have put money toward the Kickstarter already.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 21, 2017, 03:01:24 AM »
I now have Need For Speed: Most Wanted U. that's nice.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: July 21, 2017, 03:13:20 AM »
After a long series of error messages I was finally able to buy Splatoon 2 on the eShop. Nintendo really needs to add pre-download capability to the Switch like they already have with 3DS and Wii U. It'd be more convenient for consumers and spread out people's use of the eShop so it doesn't get annihilated at times like this.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: July 21, 2017, 04:33:32 AM »
I downloaded the game from eShop this morning when i was going to work, around 7 hours from now. Took like 10 minutes.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: July 21, 2017, 09:43:06 AM »
I now have Need For Speed: Most Wanted U. that's nice.

Not a big racing fan, but I really enjoyed this game... Nice buy!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: July 21, 2017, 10:51:02 AM »
I bought the following Player 1 and 2 Cloud and Bayonetta Amiibo. Female 🌽 is Amazon exclusive, and I have no idea when it's being put up for sale. I think these may be the last Super Smash Bros. Amiibo I buy unless Nintendo ever orders more Wii Fit Trainer stock.

Offline Sessha

• I, too, believe Pale to be the devil.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: July 22, 2017, 03:51:08 AM »
Finally downloaded Splatoon 2 after having problems with my internet.
Laugh and the world laughs with you.  Weep and you weep alone.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: July 22, 2017, 08:38:43 AM »
Amazon charged me for Splatoon 2 yesterday so I'll get that sometime today.
The short version is I did not get Splatoon 2 delivered yesterday, but I now get it for free. Thanks for sucking, Amazon Logistics. Not sarcasm. Thanks for sucking since I now get a free game.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: July 22, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »
How did you pull off free? I've only heard of people getting discounts or credits.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: July 22, 2017, 11:33:39 PM »
Alright, technically, I got credits for the full price of a new game. I cancelled my existing pre-order for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 then pre-ordered again with the credits. I was just trying to shorten the story. Ultimately, I get a free brand new game.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: July 23, 2017, 02:49:52 PM »
My Cloud P1 & Bayonetta Amiibo should be waiting for me when I get home tonight.

I also recently preordered Hellblade & Undertale on PS4. Both come out in a few weeks.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: July 23, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
I got:

- All 3 Splatoon amiibo
- Boring and Best Corrin amiibo
- Pixie Haired Bayonetta amiibo
- Cloud amiibo
- Splatoon 2
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: July 26, 2017, 06:43:56 PM »
Roughly half an hour after someone on NeoGaf posted that Best Corrin was up on Amazon, I placed my order with an estimated delivery date of 08/14/2017 to 09/05/2017. On Saturday, Amazon adjusted my delivery date to Thursday (tomorrow). Today, I got an email stating that my Best Corrin order was delayed to 08/14/2017 to 09/05/2017, and I had to log in on a computer (no smartphones or tablets) to confirm I still wanted it.
I mean, I've yet to open any Amiibo and I don't plan on opening Female Corrin either so the delay isn't a big deal. I was fine with the original estimated delivery date, and I still am assuming, of course, my order doesn't just get outright cancelled. However, maybe get your **** together, Amazon. I don't understand how this even happens. That said...
I was so elated that Indivisible was announced for Switch that I almost preordered the Physical Collector's Edition bundle via Backerkit before a cooler head prevailed, and I thought, "Why the **** do I need that?" I can wait for the preorder to show up on Amazon. If the Collector's Edition is available then, great. If not, I can live with just the regular physical card on Switch and get my Prime discount.
Without any assurances that the physical card will be more than a limited release, I pre-ordered the physical Indivisible bundle via Backerkit just in case (which I can always cancel). Unless it's a major release (e.g. Super Mario Odyssey) or currently the only way to get a physical copy of a game (e.g. Axiom Verge), I don't feel comfortable taking my chances on Amazon. This is a shame because I was a big champion of Amazon. It just let me down so spectacularly several times in a row.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: July 26, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »
I brought Player Unknown Battle Grounds a couple of weeks back and I can definitely recommend it; If you have friends to play it with, preferentially 3 other mates.

There is single man and pair modes but the real fun is when you coordinate with the team to pull off some really nice tactics. If you are crazy you can also play the team modes solo.

Like any other online game there are hackers but they seem pretty rare or at least not as brazen like one where they were very obviously using an aim bot wasting out team inside of 5 seconds.

One aspect of the game that can be a problem depending on how you view it is that the game discourages you fighting other players if you want to win. You do kill players to get loot that can make you stronger but most of the time this is pretty risky. Naturally the end game pushes you to engage but even then hiding is a massive part of it hoping other players detect each other first so there are less people for you to kill.

The one undeniable great thing is that the shotgun is a viable weapon unlike so many other games where they don't do enough damage or have such a ridiculous spread that reduces it to a melee weapon assuming it does enough damage in the first place. The best example of this is DOOM 3.

If you are in doubt, wait till it is 1.0.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: July 27, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »
Spla2n...haven't played it yet.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: July 28, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
Pretty happy about a purchase today: Captain Toad (Wii U) had always interested me, but was never something I managed to pick up.
No joke, this is one of my fave games on the Wii U. I hope you like it!

The short version is I did not get Splatoon 2 delivered yesterday, but I now get it for free. Thanks for sucking, Amazon Logistics. Not sarcasm. Thanks for sucking since I now get a free game.
Wow, that's crazy! I've never heard of then giving out that much for a simple shipping error, usually it's like $10. I wonder what made this one so much...

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2144 on: July 28, 2017, 06:29:37 PM »
I purchased Infinite MiniGolf on the Nintendo Switch.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2145 on: July 28, 2017, 09:51:59 PM »
Wow, that's crazy! I've never heard of then giving out that much for a simple shipping error, usually it's like $10. I wonder what made this one so much...
Short version: I complained.

Long version: I have all my Amazon packages delivered to my employer so deliveries won't just sit outside my apartment. Splatoon 2 was maybe the fourth or fifth Amazon Logistics shipment in which they said the business was closed despite the fact that we're open until 10:00 PM. Amazon ships video games in padded envelopes so I stayed at work to wait for the delivery because I felt uncomfortable with it sitting at the front desk all weekend. Amazon Logistics didn't attempt to deliver it then sent me an email that the business was closed.

I called Amazon and explained everything. I was angling to have no future shipments sent via Amazon Logistics. They weren't able to do that but a manager "de-prioritized" Amazon Logistics as a carrier (will only send as a last resort) and added carrier instructions ("Go to the front desk, bruh.") then just offered me full credit for the game. I didn't ask or demand compensation. She said she didn't want to do a refund since I wouldn't get the game so she put the credit on the account. I wasn't going to tell her not to.

Semi-related: Amazon delivered Female Corrin today because sure. I don't think they even know when shipments are delayed/not delayed.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:53:56 AM by Adrock »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: July 29, 2017, 10:22:12 AM »
My Amazon shipments are perpetually stuck in "shipping soon".

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: August 01, 2017, 07:25:05 AM »
Yesterday I got my physical version of Rive for PS4. Can't wait to play it.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: August 01, 2017, 09:32:48 AM »
Yesterday I got my physical version of Rive for PS4. Can't wait to play it.

Still sad this didn't end up coming to Wii U, as it was a game that looked right up my alley and I absolutely loved Toki Tori 2 (from the same company).

Very cool you grabbed one of the physical copies though - can't imagine that's going to get a big print run.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: August 01, 2017, 09:23:42 PM »
Very cool you grabbed one of the physical copies though - can't imagine that's going to get a big print run.

It got a run of 3,800 copies and sold out in about an hour. My hope is that now that we know Limited Run will be doing physical Switch prints they'll do another print of this game.

I just really wanted the chance to support Two Tribes one last time.