Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*  (Read 3163229 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Re: The OFFICIAL Big N rumor thread *bring your own salt*
« Reply #8300 on: August 06, 2017, 10:17:45 PM »
So the first batch of new Capcom support comes in the form of Resident Evil Revelaitons 1 & 2 on Switch (after the PS4 and Xbone versions, since this was a recent decision)...hopefully we get RE7 and the RE2 remake that apparently has been in development for PS4 for a while now.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: August 07, 2017, 12:01:25 AM »
So the first batch of new Capcom support comes in the form of Resident Evil Revelaitons 1 & 2 on Switch (after the PS4 and Xbone versions, since this was a recent decision)...hopefully we get RE7 and the RE2 remake that apparently has been in development for PS4 for a while now.

I'll jump in when Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (or whatever it was subtitled) gets announced as well.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: August 07, 2017, 01:16:19 AM »
By this time on the Wii U pretty much every third party was scaling back support because the first sales figures were so poor.  Here we have a third party increasing support because they're so impressed of how well their game sold!  We should be thrilled about this.  I suspect that Ultra Street Fighter II benefited a lot from being a decent game among a small lineup of Switch launch titles.  But does it really matter since Capcom's happy?  I thought this game was getting into Mass Effect 3 territory as a poison pill title guaranteed to not sell since it's pretty much a port of Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, which is a last gen download release that costs half as much.  Well we dodged that bullet and that's great.

And we should also be happy that games like Street Fighter and Bomberman have sold well because it means that the Switch isn't only attracting the Nintendo-only crowd.  The industry constantly accuses Nintendo fans of buying first party titles and nothing else.  Well even if that's true (personally I don't think it is; much of the rep comes from third parties dumping shovelware on the Wii and then whining when no one justifiably bought it) then at least we know that the Switch is attracting gamers beyond just that fanbase.  It's not just people buying Zelda and then Mario Kart and then Splatoon with no interest in anything else.

If anything there's a selling point here for all Switch titles.  Maybe Capcom stumbled into a money concept - portable Street Fighter II uncompromised.  If Nintendo is smart they should emphasize that to third parties.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: August 07, 2017, 01:32:16 AM »
If anything there's a selling point here for all Switch titles.  Maybe Capcom stumbled into a money concept - portable Street Fighter II uncompromised.  If Nintendo is smart they should emphasize that to third parties.

All the games you've EVER loved on the GO, and at HOME!!

Switch it ON, Switch it OUT, Switch it UP.
.......(Nintendo)

you're welcome Nintendo. just did your marketing for you. mail me the check plz.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8304 on: August 07, 2017, 09:05:02 AM »
Ian being the non-cynic in a thread currently discussing an influx of support from Capcom is cray.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: August 07, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »
Ian being the non-cynic in a thread currently discussing an influx of support from Capcom is cray.
It's comforting to know we aren't in the darkest timeline.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: August 07, 2017, 10:19:00 AM »

I'll jump in when Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite (or whatever it was subtitled) gets announced as well.

I understand some people came out and said it was a bad slice of the game, but man, have you played the post-E3 Demo?  I love me some MvC, and I just did not like the way that game demo played.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: August 07, 2017, 10:24:12 AM »

I wouldn't call it uncompromised (D-Pad control missing is a big no-no for me, personally), but an overpriced port of a wildly popular game on an ecosystem that currently had NO 2D fighters was probably a smart play on Capcom's part.

And if it means ANY additional support, even if it's just the megaman collections, Disney Afternoon Collection, or smaller projects, it's better than having another generation with a console drought.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: August 07, 2017, 09:16:32 PM »

I understand some people came out and said it was a bad slice of the game, but man, have you played the post-E3 Demo?  I love me some MvC, and I just did not like the way that game demo played.

I've seen pics, but no video's... if they fucked up the game, that is very disappointing, as I've been waiting on a MvC game on a Nintendo platform for waaaay too long. I don't have a Switch yet, and barely take a passing interest at VG news lately, but I know I'm gonna jump in before the year is over (Xmas present to me and my daughter from Santa ;) what a swell guy. lol) so I'm really hoping for about 4-5 games I really want to play at purchase, and about 3-4 more to look forward to shortly after that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: August 07, 2017, 09:31:36 PM »
Wasn't the last MvC game for Ninty fans on the Wii? It has been a while.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #8310 on: August 07, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »
There's never been a Marvel vs Capcom game on any Nintendo console. Wii had Tatsunoku vs Capcom All Stars and GameCube had SNK vs Capcom
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8311 on: August 08, 2017, 09:45:06 AM »
So, it sounds like the Switch would, oddly enough, be better off with a port of last gen's MvC.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: August 08, 2017, 09:50:20 AM »
So, it sounds like the Switch would, oddly enough, be better off with a port of last gen's MvC.

But they can't port it as it has X-Men and probably F4 characters in it. Disney/Marvel has cracked down on the licensing of non MCU related/accessible Marvel characters for games due to marketing reasons.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: August 08, 2017, 10:49:20 AM »

I've seen pics, but no video's... if they fucked up the game, that is very disappointing, as I've been waiting on a MvC game on a Nintendo platform for waaaay too long. I don't have a Switch yet, and barely take a passing interest at VG news lately, but I know I'm gonna jump in before the year is over (Xmas present to me and my daughter from Santa ;) what a swell guy. lol) so I'm really hoping for about 4-5 games I really want to play at purchase, and about 3-4 more to look forward to shortly after that.

For what it's worth, Giantbomb folks seem to have gotten some hands-on time with the game proper in its current state, and seem more or less positive on it.  Again, the demo may have been a bad demo (it pushes you through a slice of the story mode where you are forced to play as certain characters).

There's also been some controversy over how bad some of the character's faces look in comparison to other renditions of themselves, but 1) Capcom has already stated they're working to patch fixes to the issue, and 2) with how fast paced the game is, I suspect it's not really noticeable unless you're deliberately stopping movement to look at it.

Not to suggest it's acceptable the character's design looks that bad, but i'm not surprised if Capcom thought they could shortcut that and get away with it, given the general speed of the game.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #8314 on: August 08, 2017, 12:35:10 PM »

But they can't port it as it has X-Men and probably F4 characters in it. Disney/Marvel has cracked down on the licensing of non MCU related/accessible Marvel characters for games due to marketing reasons.

Oh damn.  That really sucks.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: August 08, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »

This is the stupidest bullshit imaginable.  Oh no, someone else may indirectly make money because our game, which those people will get no money for, may remind people that someone else is making movies with our licences... which unless we made the stupidest deal ever should also make us some money.  I swear every company big enough that all the employees don't know each other's names is run by morons.  This would be like Nintendo holding off on Zelda games for a bit to sabotage those CD-i games.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:30 PM »
Hey now! Morons run small companies too! Quit limiting incompetence.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #8317 on: August 08, 2017, 09:14:27 PM »

This is the stupidest bullshit imaginable.  Oh no, someone else may indirectly make money because our game, which those people will get no money for, may remind people that someone else is making movies with our licences... which unless we made the stupidest deal ever should also make us some money.  I swear every company big enough that all the employees don't know each other's names is run by morons.  This would be like Nintendo holding off on Zelda games for a bit to sabotage those CD-i games.

While on the surface I do agree with you, because I want all the characters regardless of the stupid deals they made 25 years ago....
But i also understand that they are trying to starve them out in hopes that they get no boost from the popularity of Marvel Comics/Movies/TV or the connection to and marketing of the Disney Machine. Marvel gets a cut of the Fox X-Men/F4 movies and TV shows, and Marvel is also in control of the merchandise (which Fox get's a piece of as well), but Marvel ain't producing any X or F4 related comics, merchandise, cartoons, games, etc etc. at the moment.
I think some mobile games even had to remove some characters while other can keep what they've had, but can not add any new versions or characters from the X/F4 franchises.

But like I said, I don't agree with it, but I understand what they are trying to accomplish.
Personally, I think they should just pony up the cash and buy the studios, gut them for their own franchises and then set them free on the open market, but I'm sure that's not cost effective.

Or work out something with Fox for F4 rights, and in exchange make merchandise, games and new comics for X-Men related crap, also help produce more X-related TV shows.

I can't say that I don't care how they work it out, but they need to work something out so that I can get my MvC: Ultimate Edition on a Nintendo system please. With ALL the relevant Marvel Characters please.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: August 09, 2017, 12:43:20 AM »
On the other hand Nintendo has handled it's franchises and licenses with care. They only fucked up in the early 90s, and learned their lesson. cdi-zelda, cdi-mario, mario bros movie. Those are the only **** ups. Everything else since then has been good.

Marvel fucked up decades ago.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:59:33 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: August 09, 2017, 09:51:14 AM »
Or work out something with Fox for F4 rights, and in exchange make merchandise, games and new comics for X-Men related crap, also help produce more X-related TV shows.
Marvel cancelled Fantastic Four two years ago so it isn't fucking around. I wish it was as easy as tossing money at Fox to relinquish the rights to at least Fantastic Four. I'm not a big Fantastic Four fan, but I want Marvel to get the rights to Galactus. I was under the impression that Fox just isn't willing to play ball. It made Fant-four-stic to build its own shared universe with X-Men which obviously didn't work out for the studio. Fox seems only willing to deal with Marvel when it can benefit (e.g. trading the film rights to Ego the Living Planet for permission to change Negasonic Teenage Warhead). That ultimately sucks for everyone including Fox because it has made more shitty movies than good ones. And as long as the shitty movies are profitable, those rights aren't going anywhere.
I can't say that I don't care how they work it out, but they need to work something out so that I can get my MvC: Ultimate Edition on a Nintendo system please. With ALL the relevant Marvel Characters please.
That's the goal. It's a shame Marvel and Fox can't figure this out. I find myself in a tough position. I want all Marvel properties returned to Marvel because Marvel Studios has proven time and again that it can make great movies and shows consistently with very few duds (looking at you Iron Fist). The problem is that it often forces me to hope Fox shits the bed. I'm torn between wanting good movies but kind of hoping they fail at the same time. It's great that Deadpool was a hit, but it also encourages Fox to hold onto the rights. It won't sell the properties until it feels like it can't make money on them.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: August 09, 2017, 11:54:52 PM »
I actually think it's to Marvel's accidental benefit that they don't have the rights to a bunch of stuff. It significantly reduces the comic book problem of "How is all this **** happening at the same time? Where is Thor when Magneto is trying to flip the poles?" Like, it currently wouldn't make sense if there were also hundreds of mutants running around in the MCU, and the Fantastic 4 would also be pretty redundant (_Another_ science tower in Manhattan?).

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8321 on: August 10, 2017, 06:30:51 PM »
On the other hand Nintendo has handled it's franchises and licenses with care. They only fucked up in the early 90s, and learned their lesson. cdi-zelda, cdi-mario, mario bros movie. Those are the only **** ups. Everything else since then has been good.

Would like to add one more screw-up: when they handed Donkey Kong over to Adam Sandler & co. for that awful movie Pixels. Especially strange since they clearly know quality scripts when they see them, as evidenced by Bowser appearing in Wreck-It Ralph.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: August 13, 2017, 05:24:00 AM »
Allegedly Nintendo was a huge pain in the butt for Wreck it Ralph. They kept complaining Bowser wasn't large enough as they wanted him bigger than what would have been reasonable for the film.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8323 on: August 13, 2017, 06:07:17 AM »
Allegedly Nintendo was a huge pain in the butt for Wreck it Ralph. They kept complaining Bowser wasn't large enough as they wanted him bigger than what would have been reasonable for the film.

It's why Ridley didn't make it into the film either. Too big!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #8324 on: August 13, 2017, 12:14:54 PM »
Definitely explains why Wreck-It Ralph jumped ship for Sonic Sega All Stars Racing afterwards!

Dr. Robotnik & Shadow confirmed for the movie sequel!