Author Topic: New Switch Charging Stand Releasing On July 13  (Read 1962 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
New Switch Charging Stand Releasing On July 13
« on: May 09, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »

Throw another one on the early summer pile.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/47171/new-switch-charging-stand-releasing-on-july-13

Nintendo has made an already busy day just a little busier.

The North American branches have announced a new charge stand for a July 13 release, priced at US$19.99/C$24.99. The stand is adjustable and allows the system to be charged while playing in tabletop mode via a USB port on the side of the stand.

Octopath Traveler, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, and the Marina/Pearl Amiibo pack for Splatoon 2 have already been tabbed for a July 13 release.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: New Switch Charging Stand Releasing On July 13
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »
That looks pretty good. I will probably get one.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »
Wow.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
MSRP is $19.99 if anyone was wondering.

I’m not sure I need this, but I’ll keep it in mind.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 08:14:15 AM »
Given how far from launch this was released, this seems more Nintendo recognizing a deficiency in their design and offering a solution to those who see it as a problem than them specifically trying to nickel-and-dime people.

Not something I need, but glad people who have this as a problem can have this as a work-around.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 02:46:38 AM »
Uh, I think it should be noted that this does not have an internal battery-- you need to plug the usb cable into an outlet.   Does it actually include the cable?  The USB-C cable?   Because I'm guessing not.

Now, I don't HATE giving Nintendo money---I got the $80 Nintendo dock, after all-- but it seems a better product than this might be the Hori compact folding Switch stand, for just $13.  Does pretty much the same thing, but more portable.   Also doubles as a great phone or tablet stand.

[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 08:25:10 AM »
Does it actually include the cable?  The USB-C cable?   Because I'm guessing not.
Doubt it. The AC adapter is $30 which is already more than the stand. Still, I recommend having an extra AC adapter just for the convenience of not having to remove it from the dock. You can charge the Pro Controller a lot faster with the AC adapter as well.

The officially licensed Hori stand looks a little chintzy though I admittedly haven’t tried it. How are you liking it so far?

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 09:39:15 PM »
I bought a second charger at launch along with the Pro Controller. It has been very useful.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2018, 04:33:27 PM »
MSRP is $19.99 if anyone was wondering.
I was wondering. For some reason I was guessing $39.99.