Author Topic: "Controller Pro U" by InterWorks Unlimited, Inc  (Read 9162 times)

Offline mustbeburt

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
"Controller Pro U" by InterWorks Unlimited, Inc
« on: March 11, 2013, 03:23:03 PM »
So, I never bought a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro for my Wii.  I used a Wavebird to play Gamecube games.  Now, I know you can't use a Wavebird on WiiU.  I also know that the new WiiU Pro Controller won't work for Wii Virtual Console or WiiWare games.

Does anyone know of a good controller that will work for Wii Virtual Console, WiiWare, and WiiU?  I saw the "Controller Pro U" on Amazon.  The reviews on Amazon are not dazzling, but I wanted to see if anyone on the forums has tried it, and what their impressions are.  I'd love it if I only had to buy 1 controller.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 02:32:56 AM by Wino »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
Re: "Controller Pro U" by InterWorks Unlimited, Inc
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:25:38 PM »
I own it. I actually love having the pointer on the controller, seems very natural and fluid. It's actually very nice for games like the Bit.Trip series. I actually got it for Xenoblade because I was tired of being tied to the Wii Remote. It's a very nice controller for that game... at first. For some reason, even though the d-pad looks just like a Nintendo one, it's very shitty. It clicks and responds just fine, but it EXTREMELY easy for the game to confuse a side-press for an up or down press. In a game like Xenoblade when you'll be pressing left or right quite a bit in gameplay, it's a horrible controller. For a FPS like The Conduit or Goldeneye 007, or for NSMB U, it's prefectly fine.

I've never used it for Virtual Console games, so I can't help you out there.

EDIT: I used "actually" way too much, I apologize.

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:00:15 AM »
Oblivion, thanks for the response!  That's cool to know it gets the job done for both Wii and WiiU games.  So, I would assume that if you're using it on your WiiU to play Wii games, it should work just fine for Wii Virtual Console and WiiWare... besides the shitty D-pad issue.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
Yeah, it should work just fine, as long as you don't need too much accuracy for the d-pad.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
Yeah, it should work just fine, as long as you don't need too much accuracy for the d-pad.
OG classic controller ftw on VC

Offline mustbeburt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:12 AM »
pokepal, what does that mean?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »
pokepal, what does that mean?

He is basically saying that the original Classic Controller is the best for Virtual Console games. The Classic Controller Pro is the best option for you since it works great for SNES games (on the Wii, I would just use GameCube controllers and I only bought a Classic Controller because playing Super Mario World on the GCN controller sucked) and for VC games in general.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 01:37:56 PM »
the original has a more classic feel
but in your situation the pro would be better unless you want to invest in a grip shell for the original
the original is awesome for 2d games in general though

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 08:46:03 PM »
Honestly I feel Like that depends on your DAW. That doesnt sound that difficult on Ableton or Reason, but it might be a pain in Reaper or Pro Tools.

So, williamml was banned but was he supposed to be deleted as well? I'm guessing he was a spambot based on his Russian site signature but just not sure what the deal is here. Or is that every other user who posts in this thread gets banned?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »
Sometimes a spambot posts like 30 things at once and I miss one, and since nobody ever goes in this part of the forums it lasted a while.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 09:35:49 PM »
Oh, yeah. I thought you could delete a poster and that would take their posts with them. But it just hit me that in the NWR Feedback forum, there is the bumped thread of someone asking to be deleted from NWR and UncleBob mentions that would mean having to delete each individual post by the user. I didn't realize spambot deletions could be so laborious. You must have liked the recent Chinese spambot that posted 5 times in each of its threads it created.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.