Author Topic: The Ultimate Showdown of Outcasted Consoles: Wii U vs Vita  (Read 23899 times)

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Showdown of Outcasted Consoles: Wii U vs Vita
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2014, 01:37:03 PM »
That normally happens.  Have someone at least semi active on the Forums, see Kairon, then they become staff and *bamm* they leave us.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2014, 01:48:34 PM »
That's why Neal made me Community Manager, because I was the only person on staff who wanted anything to do with the forums.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2014, 09:41:24 PM »
I can chime in on the topic at hand, well the OP anyways. I think the Vita is going to fade away and be forgotten maybe not like the N-Gage but more like the Game Gear, whereas the Wii U has the potential to at least reach levels somewhere between Dreamcast and Game Cube, and will make a mid-generation bounce back once the games start rolling in and the price comes down.

I don't know about everyone else but the Vita does not have a single game I am interested in that I can not get elsewhere, but the Wii U has at least three games out now I am aching to buy and at least two more on the way that for me make it very appealing. The games out now are Sonic Lost Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, the two for sure that have me interested are Watch Dogs and Hyrule Warriors. I know Watch Dogs is multiplatform and I will likely get it on PS3 unless I give in and get a PS4 but Hyrule Warriors looks like the Zelda game I have been waiting for, a game that focuses on the action, and hopefully has minimal side quests. As for Watch Dogs, with the recent announcement they are really trying to make use of the Game Pad has changed my mind about it having potential to be great. I just hope it isn't delayed too far down the road or else people forget about it.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2014, 09:49:22 AM »
I'm waiting for Lost World to go on sale personally and I somehow lost my Gamepad...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline ymeegod

• Score: -9
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2014, 02:19:47 PM »
Tearaway wins 3 more awards including best mobile game of 2012.

Sad this title didn't sell worth beans on the Vita.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:22:56 PM by ymeegod »

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
Its not a bad game and I'm glad I got it for a good price.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »
Wow, there are 8 of you?! That's a lot!

...Then again, I'm not so sure there are 8 people here who own a Wii U. Hm, now I'm curious...

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »
I thought there was a dedicated Vita thread in the General Gaming forum. I couldn't find it so I didn't know where else to put this. I've finally put a decent amount of time into the Vita (played Batman: Arkham Origins - Blackgate). It's a very nice, well-constructed handheld. I can definitely see myself picking one up in the future. There just isn't enough there for me to justify buying one now. A price drop and another revision might do the trick. Phantasy Star Nova being brought to the US would help tremendously. I'd like to pair it with a PS4 which I won't be picking up for a while.

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2014, 12:54:40 PM »
No price drop anytime soon but they have a revision coming out pretty soon.

I'd sale PS+ and the amount of sales PSN has sort of Justifys it.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2014, 01:14:57 PM »
No price drop anytime soon but they have a revision coming out pretty soon.
A price drop and another revision might do the trick.
Not expecting a price drop any time soon, just stating that's part of what it would take for me to buy a Vita. And I'm aware of the 2000 model (it has a worse screen that probably still looks great, but everything else is better). I'm referring to potential second revision that hopefully further improves battery life. I wouldn't pay $200 for a 3DS. There's no way I'm paying $200 for Vita. I'll be waiting for a sale or an official price drop. Another revision may coincide with a price drop. If not, it doesn't matter how long that takes to drop to a price I'm comfortable paying. I have plenty of video games.
I'd sale PS+ and the amount of sales PSN has sort of Justifys it.
They don't. Otherwise, I would have one already.